Dealership License Plates

Paranoid Cobra

On 10/25/2020 at 11:08 AM, Morseon said:

just enable and disable the plates on the car. they all have their pre-selected plate as stated in the DMV, and same as you would /removeplates on a car, you'll /addplates (the same plates as removed, unless we want to do a new plate system where you can have several plates available to install) to give a car some plates once more.

(there again we could think of a system where you can steal plates from cars, for example when chopping it, and install them in other cars (which happens irl) so that illegal RPers can use those stolen plates to commit robberies for example)

Exactly what this gentleman says.

Remove the current license plate from a car > slap it on your own > commit crimes > no need to stress about cameras, plate doesn't lead back to you.

That's not the point of having dealership plates or why I want them implemented, but a good example of how they can be abused.

My suggestion mostly focuses on the legal aspect, as we have to spend a lot of money to register and insure a vehicle if we want to transport it on the road. This has now been band-aided with the Flatbed towing option but would be a nice addition.

Edited by Paranoid Cobra

I'd like to say bluntly but rather firmly that it is a suggestion I don't see being implemented. You want to be given temporary access to change plates because they're in your dealership so you don't have to insure them? This is absurd and frankly- doesn't make sense at all. If your car doesn't have insurance paid or w/e - then it is simply not road legal (from an IC perspective). It is too much to add for too little. Dealerships already make a lot. You can insure it for the bare minimum or charge your customer when you sell. Don't see the need to have this at all.

• Upvote 2
28 minutes ago, Rauf said:

I'd like to say bluntly but rather firmly that it is a suggestion I don't see being implemented. You want to be given temporary access to change plates because they're in your dealership so you don't have to insure them? This is absurd and frankly- doesn't make sense at all. If your car doesn't have insurance paid or w/e - then it is simply not road legal (from an IC perspective). It is too much to add for too little. Dealerships already make a lot. You can insure it for the bare minimum or charge your customer when you sell. Don't see the need to have this at all.

Most if not all Dealers I've seen do not INSURE the vehicles they sell, which is a bit unrealistic, since for example your car gets tolen of your lot and damaged, you don't have an insurance company to cover it, you'll have to fork over money.

12 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Most if not all Dealers I've seen do not INSURE the vehicles they sell, which is a bit unrealistic, since for example your car gets tolen of your lot and damaged, you don't have an insurance company to cover it, you'll have to fork over money.

Most, if not all dealers I've seen flip cars for profit, not necessarily for the roleplay and thus not put much efforts into it. Heck, some don't even have or use an office just casually carrying all vehicle documents in the very same cars glove box you just took for a test drive which realistically, one with crooked intents, could just steal the car and legally register it on their name. Good luck trying to get that car back and argue you didn't gift or sell that car.

With the current system as is, the vehicle plates would have to change or be removed every time a car is sold from one player to another to consider such thing as temporarily or trader plates. Then again, is that system worth it? Do the benefits outweigh the deficites such as 'whoop di doop, commit crimes and them flip the plates to have them changed or erased from the database.'?

16 hours ago, Rauf said:

.. You did not understand the point of the suggestion I'm afraid. It's not about the insurance thing. It's about enabling more diverse RP.

A monthly insurance quota is paid to have dealership plates. We can then take this single license plate and use it to transport vehicles for maintenance or to clients, without having to separately insure vehicles.

It's about being able to drive these cars, as a dealership would be able to IN REAL LIFE, without needing to cover it seperately.. You literally just need the license plates front and back in my country to be legally driving on dealership plates. These are to be used for driving to the DMV / inspection station / garages / delivering to clients.

I welcome you to start and operate a dealership and then let me know how profitable it is.

15 hours ago, orca112 said:

Most, if not all dealers I've seen flip cars for profit, not necessarily for the roleplay and thus not put much efforts into it. Heck, some don't even have or use an office just casually carrying all vehicle documents in the very same cars glove box you just took for a test drive which realistically, one with crooked intents, could just steal the car and legally register it on their name. Good luck trying to get that car back and argue you didn't gift or sell that car.

With the current system as is, the vehicle plates would have to change or be removed every time a car is sold from one player to another to consider such thing as temporarily or trader plates. Then again, is that system worth it? Do the benefits outweigh the deficites such as 'whoop di doop, commit crimes and them flip the plates to have them changed or erased from the database.'?

I'm afraid you guys lost track of how dealership plates are used.

They don't stay on the car until it's sold. It's put on so we can drive the car without having to insure it seperately.

After taking a car to the mechanic, you take the plates off, park it up, done.

I don't know where you got the idea that plates will be changed and erased?

This is something that is used in real life..

Edited by Paranoid Cobra
  • Rauf locked this topic