CCTV Script

Morseon

Short Description: An item that property owners/tenants can install the same way they install a door lock, a safe, or an alarm.

Detailed description: Basically the idea is to install the item (and have the furniture installed correspondingly), having a similarity with the alarm or the safes. This way the owner/tenants can see a registry with all the RP that has happened in the past in that interior. This registry could be accessed with a simple command such as /cctv or /managecctv which would open up to a UI where we would see the logs of the /me, /do and all the entrances and exits to the interior. In that UI we could also manage other settings such as how far in the past do the cctv logs save, or if we want to save a specific cctv extract for the future (for example for robberies and their corresponding investigations). For the exterior cctvs this could also work but with a limited area around the building (and always roleplaying on where the cameras aim, and their weakspots). Adding automated "[Name] has entered the property." messages could also be an option, even if the characters don't actually roleplay inside.

Commands to add: /cctv or /managecctv, /installcctv

Items to add: cctv as a purchaseable item such as the doorlocks, alarms and safes.

How would your suggestion improve the server?

This way we can reduce the load on the admins without having to ask them for the logs in case something happened. This also helps reducing the powergaming done by the workers in a business for example that don't roleplay some situations, or roleplay them badly. Also, it'll help in situations where actual criminals would refuse to accept cctv, thus forcing them to actually roleplay having their actions being saved.

Additional information: I'm open for any suggestions, but this would be all in the overall, it'd specially help the businesses and the legal factions.

Edited by Morseon
  • Upvote 6

YES YES YES YES YES I SUPPORT THIS.

Okay, but seriously, I definitely support this. This will let us do less /dos and will help business owners and cops see who did crime. I was thinking that this was needed for a while. If this were to get added, it would be amazing.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/20/2020 at 10:30 PM, Sim said:

Could also register transactions, items pulled, etcetera etcetera, things that can be seen by an IRL CCTV.

This is what would be shown in the UI that I mentionned. Not a chatlog but only the IC stuff done (and maybe said?) by the people in the interior.

100% supported and avoids people lying about information, OOCly, to evade the consequences of their actions. It'd be objective information rather than a recollection of one's memory, which could be jaded if a case arises a week after the criminal act was committed.

• effion locked this topic
  • mj2002 unlocked this topic