How'd you feel about the addition of legal semi-auto rifles?

caballero

Heavily against this, there's already an overflow of unrealistic PF usage "warranting" civilian characters to get into large shootouts which realistically they should never think to be a part of with common fear for their lives. Time and time again I see firearms (more often than not PF's) be used to settle common disputes which could easily be solved through an old fashioned fistfight or even a verbal argument, adding PF rifles would only add to the unrealistic aspect of this. Even though some people could very well use PF rifles in a realistic manner, the potential for abuse is just far too high with the current, lenient PF application system. As mentioned before, rifles are readily available for the people that take the time to seek them out IC.

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Phiz said:

Heavily against this, there's already an overflow of unrealistic PF usage "warranting" civilian characters to get into large shootouts which realistically they should never think to be a part of with common fear for their lives. Time and time again I see firearms (more often than not PF's) be used to settle common disputes which could easily be solved through an old fashioned fistfight or even a verbal argument, adding PF rifles would only add to the unrealistic aspect of this. Even though some people could very well use PF rifles in a realistic manner, the potential for abuse is just far too high with the current, lenient PF application system. As mentioned before, rifles are readily available for the people that take the time to seek them out IC.

Then as an admin surely you should be the one dealing with this kind of poor character portrayal? Players do it time and time again because they get away with it time and time again. Why should negligence be an excuse?

Civilian players do not want rifles to go kill people, so why do you suggest they seek out illegal firearms?  It's nonsensical and missing the point completely.

• Thanks 1

Soon enough the mall rats will be pulling up with their gang of purple and blue haired friends and shooting at everyone with rifles. Some heavy regulation will have to be done for this to not to turn out bad. A different kind of license may be needed.

Edited by mattmocz

I think a lot of you are overthinking this. If this goes in, there's no way staff's gonna make them available as PF's or something. They're going to be heavily restricted for specific people only on an application based system. Best bet would be making them application based like a property request or something similar where a person describes their development and other necessary info.

I highly doubt it you're ever going to see a Pariah driver with pink hair hop out on anyone with a legal rifle without getting ajailed/banned, IF they get a license either way, cause like I said, making them app based eliminates every moron with shit tier RP from owning them, and if that DOES happen which if you ask me would be stupid rare, an easy report fixes that almost instantly. 

Legal rifles open a ton of doors for roleplay opportunities. Outdoor gun ranges (Please. I've been wanting these for two years now), gun competitions, three gun shoots, home defense and overall rifle roleplay. By making these restricted and app based, you're allowing solid roleplayers that won't drift Elegies into Davis and then hop out with rifles after pissing a gangbanger off own rifles.

A lot of yall are quick to judge civ RP thanks to the sometimes seen special cases in their fancy ass cars drawing PF's for no good reason, but yall need to understand there's a ton of good civ legal RPers that outnumber the shit ones. It's easy to taint a group's reputation but I feel like this needs to be given a shot, at least application based. Restricting everyone over a few shitters isn't exactly fair or normal. There's a lot of experienced RPers that would love to get into legal rifle RP, gun shop wise or just personal.

• Upvote 1

Y'all acting like a Vespucci Mexican gang didn't get block wiped with AKs over a FB post like a month ago. Illegal RPers are quick to point out that mallrats are gonna be around shooting everyone with their 'PF rifles' but you're doing the same shit in broad daylight over social media posts. Fix your rifle issues first and let legal RPers worry about their own.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2

Gangs are out here block wiping with AKs on the daily and treating LS like it's Iraq and yall are worried about some goofy neon sports car driving idiot with a PF? Bro. Jail them and take their PF. There's tons of perfectly fine roleplaying people that deserve to have their commiefornia'd AR15 with 10 round mags and semi only. LET THEM. Be more vigilant on getting rid of the PF users that immediately jump to violence every chance they get with their PF gun. They obviously have no concept of how a human works and shouldn't be allowed to have a PF or a CCW to begin with. There's no reason why civilians shouldn't be allowed to have some budget semi auto hooptie rifle that's at all logical. You're arguing shit that half the server's already doing anyway from what I can see. Legal rpers need to stop being treated like NPC's that are there for fluff for PD and illegal rpers.

I agree with the people saying it should be it's own seperate license and be a lot harder to get than a PF/CCW however. That alone will weed out a lot of the people everyone's worried about. Legal rper does not equal mallrat, and if you think that? You're probably a mallrat yourself and have no idea wtf you're even talking about to begin with.

Edited by ?????????
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 2