How'd you feel about the addition of legal semi-auto rifles?

caballero

Been role-playing a character that plots a legislation to have legal rifles with respect to the update & something to include hunting licensing as part of 1.1's wildlife that comes with it and to justify rifles in a fairly liberal state but unfortunately it's a Faction Management decision to make.

My suggestion is to role-play about it since now there's a City Council who can lobby & pass motions to recommend state laws to an upper body represented by LFM on an OOC basis.

Would it be good for the server? Depends. I personally don't like reaping the benefit of many for the mishaps of a few. Sure, there's gonna be people dumb about it. Sure, it's gonna cause some reports and some issues, but I do hope it's not gonna come down to the developers making enticing updates to then have server management & faction management police the server on what guns they can take or not.

2 hours ago, Shekh said:

i get outdoor ranges but who hunts with a semi-automatic rifle? Honestly makes 10x more sense to hunt with the shotguns available to PF now. And what would you even be hunting.

Shotguns are often used for birds and what-not, usually duck. Things like an AR-15 are commonly used for small game, and most people who hunt bigger game OFTEN use rifles. You can use slugs on bigger game, yeah. But a 30-06 or something similar is usually someone's go-to hunting caliber for things like deer. As for the thing that's being hunted, could just be NPC'd, or, possibly, spawned in. Not all too sure how hard it'd be to get deer's scriptly put in. Even doing it NPC wise would be just fine. And the whole semi-auto rifle thing isn't just for hunting. Can be for sport too. Especially if outdoor ranges actually get pushed and become a thing. A famous sport in the world of firearms, in America at least, is three-gun competition. On top of general competition shooting and all that fun jazz. And obviously self defense.

Super bad, pistols gets abused. This will only get abused, sadly. The idea is cool and all but let’s be real, it won’t work if the admins don’t make the licensing a lot harder with more checks on who the player is oocly. Pf pistols are getting tossed around like nothing and out of all the times I’ve been robbed or deathmatched over 3 years soon, it’s been a pf pistol involved. And people will always find a way to asset transfer pf weapons as they have done it over a year. They only get caught when they fuck up with deathmatching  now I believe. We also have these illegal factions that more or less only get pf weapons right now. Giving them rifles as well? Nah. And ofc its ooc transfers, just check recent player reports.

Edit: if admins wanna sit and go through every application, sure otherwise it’s a no from me for reasons stated above. People who are saying “just report dude” I don’t think you realize how heavily abused pf weapons are right now, lmao. I’m not gonna sit and gather evidence which is almost impossible.

Edited by DanneBRE
  • Upvote 1