How'd you feel about the addition of legal semi-auto rifles?

caballero

9 minutes ago, UTOPIA said:

Bartender by day, 'car enthusiast' by night with PF, CCW, GC draws his rifle on you for laughing at him, what do you do?

This is why legal rifles should be handled by Legal FM. Don't give it to people that are bartender slash car enthusiasts and instead give it to properly made characters fairly portrayed. Not only would it cut back on forum reports, it would also improve the whole outlook of gun toting legal rpers.

Edited by JustAnM43
57 minutes ago, Marksman said:

What's more likely? Bad roleplayers from criminal groups waving rifles around or bad roleplayers from civilain rpers waving rifles around?

The answer, obviously, is criminal groups.

no not really, we already have automatic rifles and ive never seen it abused by a crim rper ever. The reason is that they cost a lot ingame nobodys gonna wave a rifle around just to lose it to PD. 

31 minutes ago, UTOPIA said:

Bartender by day, 'car enthusiast' by night with PF, CCW, GC draws his rifle on you for laughing at him, what do you do?

Same bartender and car enthusiast can already do that to you with a shotgun or handgun. They can already do that with what is available right now, adding a rifle doesn't change that.

As for my opinion, I think it'd be a lovely idea to allow legal individuals the ability to get legal, semi-automatic rifles. Provides a lot more potential roleplay in so many ways I can only see it being beneficial. On top of the POSSIBILITY of outdoor ranges and hunting becoming a thing, which invites dozens of more things that can be done with said rifles on top of general self defense. I could see it being reasonable to make it into needing another license for it, for the ability to purchase any sort of rifle. 

• Upvote 1
44 minutes ago, UTOPIA said:

Rifles are not illegal and are a superior method of self-defence on ones own property than that of a handgun. If someone fucks about, they can find out with a forum report. The same for every single rule on the server. 

• Upvote 3
31 minutes ago, Skar said:

Same bartender and car enthusiast can already do that to you with a shotgun or handgun. They can already do that with what is available right now, adding a rifle doesn't change that.

As for my opinion, I think it'd be a lovely idea to allow legal individuals the ability to get legal, semi-automatic rifles. Provides a lot more potential roleplay in so many ways I can only see it being beneficial. On top of the POSSIBILITY of outdoor ranges and hunting becoming a thing, which invites dozens of more things that can be done with said rifles on top of general self defense. I could see it being reasonable to make it into needing another license for it, for the ability to purchase any sort of rifle. 

i get outdoor ranges but who hunts with a semi-automatic rifle? Honestly makes 10x more sense to hunt with the shotguns available to PF now. And what would you even be hunting.