GTAW Economy status and possible rebalances

MartosG

16 hours ago, DjoleK said:

One thing I'm personally against is the hourly paycheck after say 100 hours. Why do I get 800 an hour ‚‚unemployment'' check when my assets are north of 2 million? 800 per hour doesn't sound much, but when we take that on average during the hour there is ~150 players early and ~400 during the peak, we're talking at 120k early and 320k peak added per hour, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week...

That money isn't actually being added, afaik. It's "government" money which is farmed through taxes, MP's, scripted dealership purchases etc.

But yeah there should be a net-worth check and not give any of that to people that have > 500 grand on their accounts.

Honestly, anything that brings prices down to a more realistic level will always have my support.

I'd rather pay $10 than $100 for a beer, although bringing down prices is not an easy feat, but it can be easily achieved by simply adding more money sinks and of course reducing the amount of money that players receive.

Just now, Seanny said:

Honestly, anything that brings prices down to a more realistic level will always have my support.

I'd rather pay $10 than $100 for a beer, although bringing down prices is not an easy feat, but it can be easily achieved by simply adding more money sinks and of course reducing the amount of money that players receive.

The extra zero bothers you? You're getting $800/hr which pretty much means $800/day. That's equal to $5600/week (7 hours).

If you remove the extra zero, that's $560/week real life money. My man... That's a little TOO realistic. In general most of our prices are just x10 the real thing.

Just now, TritonXVII said:

The extra zero bothers you? You're getting $800/hr which pretty much means $800/day. That's equal to $5600/week (7 hours).

If you remove the extra zero, that's $560/week real life money. My man... That's a little TOO realistic. In general most of our prices are just x10 the real thing.

I never said it bothered me, I'm just always in support of getting prices as close to a 1:1 ratio as possible. Reducing what people earn in-game will mean that in-game prices also go down, it's how inflation works (both real life and in-game).

35 minutes ago, Seanny said:

I never said it bothered me, I'm just always in support of getting prices as close to a 1:1 ratio as possible. Reducing what people earn in-game will mean that in-game prices also go down, it's how inflation works (both real life and in-game).

It'll never happen here. Prices didn't start out normal and then inflate to what they are now. What we have isn't inflation, it's designed to be that way. It's always been that way and I highly doubt it will ever be any different. The reason why they designed it that way is so that you don't have to spend weeks upon weeks upon months grinding to just be able to afford a house or a car. If you want 1:1 prices then you need 1:1 income, which means people would be working in-game for ~ $15 an hour. Cars would still cost thousands of dollars and houses would be out of the question. That doesn't sound fun at all. They sped that process up so this isn't 2nd Life or a 2nd job you come home to do. This is still a video game at the end of the day. I don't want to log on to grind mindless hours for a basic income. I know it's an odd concept, but the prices being the way are function as designed from the very beginning. You earn $200,000 in 40 hours by design and thus goods and services are higher to reflect that.

Edited by Sting McGee
1 hour ago, Seanny said:

Yeah this is just an incorrect point of view mate. 

1. It's extremely hard, if not impossible to even approach that 1:1 that you're looking for, for a very simple reason. 1 hour of in game progress cannot possibly equal 1 hour of real life. Otherwise you'd have endless grinding of farming jobs instead of fun, engaging roleplay. We've touched on this subject many times, we need to remember that this is a game. Grinding money to roleplay a character shouldn't be needed. (I mean imagine you have to grind 100 hours of farming jobs to be able to afford a basic bitch car, not a game anyone would stick with no?)

2. You don't want to be dealing with such small amounts. Multiplying everything by ten creates an efficiency with money that overall creates a better experience. That's because it completely eliminates cents from the equation. Additionally, it makes coding a LOT easier in many occasions (like taxing... What's 15% tax on $7? 1.05. What's 15% of 32952.32? $4,942.848. It's a fucking floating point precision nightmare with the cents, trust me I work for a bank :S.

• Upvote 1