/blip license

yag tnera spart

Short description: Allow nightclubs/bar/garages non premium owners to place a /blip, after an UCP request and keep /blip the same for platinum.

Detailed description: Create on the UCP a /blip license that costs 50-100k and also make that every time the establishment's owner changes the license is revoked (exception for name changes). This would allow players who cannot afford premium to actually advertise their business in-game without any too many blips on the map. I would have personally suggested to allow this license for all kind of business, but it could potentially create too many blips.

Commands to add:

Items to add:

How would your suggestion improve the server? It would allow people that cannot afford premium to actually advertise their roleplay activities and generate more roleplay overall. 

Additional information:

Keep it to donators so there's an incentive to donate. Right now there's two incentives to get donator ranks, blips and XMR. Loose one and you loose a huge portion of donators, loose the other and you drop the other half. Server stores too many gigabytes already, mainly being outfits and whatnot but still, keeping it behind paywalls is the only option to incentivate people to cough up the €15.

Edited by Sim
9 minutes ago, Sim said:

Keep it to donators so there's an incentive to donate. Right now there's two incentives to get donator ranks, blips and XMR. Loose one and you loose a huge portion of donators, loose the other and you drop the other half. Server stores too many gigabytes already, mainly being outfits and whatnot but still, keeping it behind paywalls is the only option to incentivate people to cough up the €15.

I'd argue that furniture slots are a much bigger incentive to donate than XMR

2 minutes ago, Sim said:

That is true but the blip it's on another level compared to the other features. The blip directs people to roleplay, especially to those who just joined the server and don't know what to do. Some people just can't spend 15 euros, maybe because they live in a country with a fucked up inflation and stuff like that or just can't afford to spend 10-15 euros for some reason for example they are minors and their parents don't give them money for some reason.

I honestly think that the /blip should be allowed to everyone, but as previously said by Nervous: it would create too many blips on the map.

This is not just in the people's interest but also the server's.

Just now, Ellix said:

I'd argue that furniture slots are a much bigger incentive to donate than XMR

You've seen the amount of XMR stations right now? Plus you can get furniture slots separate, I'm talking about the gold-plat package.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm really late to the party on this, especially since it's been a whole month, but I figured it'd be better to bump this thread instead of making another one. In a short tl;dr before I get into the specifics, I harshly agree this shouldn't be a donator exclusive thing, and I'm sure most of the staff, donators and others agree with this, but the real issue lies in the question of whether or not it's financially sustainable to change the way it currently works, to which I have no clear answer. 

To start, in particular, my issue with this being a donator-exclusive perk lies in the fact that it's exceedingly restrictive to anyone who has any hopes of starting a business without the possibility of purchasing donator for whatever reason. To exemplify this, I'll simply admit that in the year and a half of playing on this server, I've only seen a single music store open; in particular (one which was ran by Karol Zarnovic. (?)), which is an idea I've had for the better part of a year now, but haven't been able to follow through with due to this restriction. The same could be applied to anyone else with a creative, but unfulfilled idea. There's potential to sprout more activity and creative ideas within the community and the server in this.

Now, as a non-donator, I obviously can't testify to this myself, but I'll try to look at this through a few donators' I spoke with's lens also, and, in a very short fashion, explain how it could be beneficial to them, also. Note, however, that I say this having heard also that people have also purchased donator for the sole purpose of being allowed to place blips in the first place. However, the overwhelming majority of the people I personally spoke to felt like, as business owners, also, they felt compelled to check whether or not their employees had the ability to place a blip or not, in which case, if they didn't, they'd either have to segregate them and put them to work alongside a donator or have someone with a donator rank be online for several hours for the sole purpose of placing blips. The fact that this perk is exclusive is both a positive and a bad thing, in this light, so take which position suits you the most when it comes to this.

Finally, however, as for the real issue within this discussion, it's ultimately up to management to find out or test whether or not it's financially sustainable. In my own personal (hopeful) opinion, I like to imagine this would be a positive thing, spawning more businesses and activity within the server aside from the usual handful of spots that donators own that have grown to get old over time, whilst also bringing more players to the server which could, ultimately, bring in more donators, also. In addition, I think the real selling points of the donator ranks lie in the furniture slots and the overall QoL features, such as /blockpm, but, well, regardless of my opinion, this is ultimately just my opinion, after all, and not fact, and the truth might be that it is financially unsustainable, in which case, all of this is moot, but once again, I think it's an investment worth taking for the sole reason that most people who I personally observe leaving the server seem to do it out of lack of activities, which I believe stems from the staleness of seeing the same old businesses open day in and day out. Once again, there are numerous creative ideas which could serve as a breath of fresh air for the server which aren't fulfilled because of this restriction. Thanks.

Edited by DFRT13
  • Thanks 1