Some ideas about the Maze Bank Arena

I have an idea about the Maze Bank Arena/Stadium. So, here goes;
Map a legal racetrack located in the interior of the Maze Bank arena. Maybe reuse the demolition derby interior from the Arena War update and furbish it so that it resembles a proper racetrack?

Why I have this idea? Well, honestly it'll help with the current car community of GTA:W. In order to go racing, whether you like it or not, you have to either go for illegal racing in the countryside/outskirts/canyons or join the current legal motorsport events such as ASCOSA. I believe that with this addition, it can be a good training grounds for people in the racing scene(maybe just normal car enthusiasts in general) and a cool hang out spot. I would like to add that if a suggestion like this were to get added, I'll most probably like it to be after GTA:W goes 1.1. I know rendering and sync for 0.3.7 isn't the greatest thing in the world.

I'd like to know what feedback I'll get from this idea!

While not a bad idea, I think it would be better if it was given other uses that resemble their purpose a bit more? Like, I get racing tracks and stuff are commonly set up in these kind of buildings, but it would benefit everyone more if it was set up as a general event venue. Things like concerts, political rallies, and such.

I like the racing track idea, just think it would be more beneficial to have it set up differently. Maybe with time it and some effort from our mappers, it could be adapted as a building with multiple interiors, switching to one or another depending on the event hosted while keeping the same interior structure and appearance, like it's done with real Arena buildings. Soccer/Basketball field, Concert Hall, Event Venue. But that's shooting too high, I gotta admit. Just a long-term suggestion at this point.

Edit: I feel this fits more in the suggestions section more than general discussion, so might wanna start a separate thread there.

Edited by Barross
  • Upvote 1
On 10/19/2020 at 10:57 PM, Barross said:

While not a bad idea, I think it would be better if it was given other uses that resemble their purpose a bit more? Like, I get racing tracks and stuff are commonly set up in these kind of buildings, but it would benefit everyone more if it was set up as a general event venue. Things like concerts, political rallies, and such.

That's exactly what I thought about while making this thread. But, I wanted to see how people reacted if I suggested or at least discussed about a full-on racetrack instead(If that intention makes sense lol).

On 10/19/2020 at 10:57 PM, Barross said:

Edit: I feel this fits more in the suggestions section more than general discussion, so might wanna start a separate thread there.

I had a slight dilemma about this while making this thread, not gonna lie. I originally tried posting it to suggestions but I asked a friend and told me maybe this can fit more in the General Discussion's forum section(Which I don't blame him, I also thought it would be more fitting).

Edited by Flickin'TheWristo
Word choice...
On 10/19/2020 at 3:57 PM, Barross said:

I like the racing track idea, just think it would be more beneficial to have it set up differently. Maybe with time it and some effort from our mappers, it could be adapted as a building with multiple interiors, switching to one or another depending on the event hosted while keeping the same interior structure and appearance, like it's done with real Arena buildings. Soccer/Basketball field, Concert Hall, Event Venue. But that's shooting too high, I gotta admit. Just a long-term suggestion at this point.

I agree with this, although you could have a couple different interiors set up for different types of events. Just like IRL where the same venue can be used for sports events, concerts, racing, etc. I'm not sure of the logistics of that on the script/admin side, but if it's possible to quickly change the interior of a property while keeping the others, I think this would be the best option.

Maybe it becomes a government property which can be hired for short periods of time by businesses/organisations such as political parties or racing event organisers to hold their events. 

• 2 months later...