5k Robbing Limit Change.

DoomedAmerica

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2020 at 10:32 PM, cryybabyycryy said:

Agreed, when I map I carry lots on me... Sometimes I am even doing it for the server.. No thanks.

Thank you fucking god somebody, It's already hard enough to make money with a illegal char since the Economy and drug system is so fucking trash.

On 10/16/2020 at 6:54 AM, Pete Williamson said:

Nope. Totally don't agree with this. 
Even if this is implemented, the trucking script would need shaping. Instead of paying money in hand, should do it with your card.

Having a trucking character myself, I second this. In real life, truckers are not rich, nor carry around lots of cash. The only reason they would be robbed if it ever happens would be their freight. On GTA:W, however, due to the trucking script demanding transfers in cash on both supplier and delivery point, truckers are a prime target for robberies solely due to the OOC knowledge of a 95% chance of getting the full "worth" of your robbery by taking $5.000 because they have to carry such amounts of money to start with. Ironically, what would be worth the most in real life, the cargo, remains untouched. Grabbing casual $5.000 from their pockets, maybe their phone too and yeet skideed - easy cash.

Personally, I roleplay the trucking process and deliveries through disposal and logistics apps on a tablet - including any money transfers because in 2020, not a single trucker would slap a wad of cash on the desk to get their delivery, transport it to location B and then receive a slightly bigger wad of cash, casually carrying it around town. Though, regardless of how you roleplay deliveries, as a trucker you are still target for regular robberies - more than any ordinary civilian or other role solely due to the knowledge of the trucking script. Increasing the robbing limit would only attract more people on going on robbing sprees and trucking roleplay is already as bad as it is consisting of 75% dealing with "idiots" around you from an in-character perspective and 25% getting robbed by bikers, gangsters or other individuals. 

Never change a running system.

Big negative here. The limit is in a good state, regarding the average quality of robberyRP and sometimes also the OOC bullshittery revolving around it. It would be much better if it just stays this way and we stop discussing how someone with low RP standards can make more asset money. Not to call anyone out here, but I am just talking about the standard of how robberyRP is executed mostly, which is, well, poorly.

On 10/15/2020 at 8:34 PM, JustAnM43 said:

/me pulls up on a foo lacking in broad daylight with 150 witnesses

/me aims his glawk fawty problem solver at foo number 1

/b rp gun fear

/s dont move bruh or imma air u out nahmean 

/me pats foo number 1 down quickly while aiming his glawk fawty problem solver at him

/do where is everything gimme ur shit

Hard pass. In two years of being on this server, I could count on my fingers the amount of properly roleplayed robberies.

Lmfaooo, its crazy cuz thats really how it be 💀, but that shit is annoying, Ive been robbed in the middle of the street by davis LTD, people just dont care,

• 3 weeks later...

Big no. The reason why people carry more than $5,000 is because we are forced to use cash as payment for a lot of stuff instead of using a card. If we didn't have this ooc limitation I personally would never carry more than like $100 on me. And the second point would be the extreme lack of proper RP when it comes to this type of stuff.

Soon as we have 1) maximum asset limits, 2) 40 minimum character hours, for robberies to be attempted, and 3) credit cards, then sure, let's look at the limit.

But I'm gonna flip my lid if one more person tries to block my economy driver with a luxury SUV and rob me.

So much robbery technique is based on metagame because the server tends to be inflexible in how you're allowed to RP the stress of such an encounter, and robbing players know that.

I don't know, I feel like right now the way that some people think of robberies and the way fear RP is expected to happen, a robbery right now is just getting a potential free 5k$ or threaten people with having to defend themselves OOCly on the forums. There is no real possibility of fight or flight right now and I personally feel real goofy when someone comes over in a car three times the price of mine and mugs me in the middle of the street, stopping me like we were in the middle of a favela in Sao Paulo.