5k Robbing Limit Change.

DoomedAmerica

The money shouldn't even factor into your decision to commit a robbery. That's the whole risk you're taking. What's next, mandating that people carry 5k minimum to be 'fair' to those committing robberies?

The whole point of a robbery is either to prove something internally/socially to your gang, to make a statement, or because of sheer desperation. At no point should you be trying to roll robberies into your fucking salary, no offence. It's high-risk low-reward by its nature.

Edited by Exploits

Seems to me that most people carry those high amounts of cash are because of OOC reasons, where purchases realistically should come from your bank or at least afford the option to choose bank or wallet (like a car purchase). Eliminate the OOC need to carry huge amounts of cash and make it more realistic along the lines of how people pretty much use a debit card for everything nowadays. Then I'd have no problem with an uncapped robbery limit. If people still choose to carry cash on them, even after these OOC reasons are eliminated, they deserve to be at risk to lose it. Just my two cents.

After some thought, there's only one circumstance under which I'd like to see the robbery limit increased or removed, and that's with the following changes:

1. Robbery limit is removed.
  2. Large purchases and interior furnishings are done through the bank rather than cash on hand.
  3. Legal penalties for criminal behavior are standardized. 1 month will no longer equal 1 day. One month is one month.
  4. You cannot name change a character to remove them from prison.

Crime is exceedingly risky behavior, but there is hardly any proper Fear RP regarding the prospect of being sent to prison - it's not much of an IC punishment at all. This would solve issues with the prevalence of poor robbery (and other criminal) RP.

If you want to increase the potential reward of criminal behavior, it's only appropriate to increase the risk.

5 hours ago, Wirbelwind said:

I carry 100k on me from point A to point B because I'm furnishing.

I end up getting robbed, because I went to furnish, doing something that's for the most part OOC.

How is this fair? 5k is solid and the rule needs no change.

Agreed, when I map I carry lots on me... Sometimes I am even doing it for the server.. No thanks.