5k Robbing Limit Change.

DoomedAmerica

Just now, Playboii said:

so yeah, you roleplay as if you've got no cash, but whenever a shipment of drugs comes your way, you're the first one bidding and snatching it up. trust me, i know how all that works, because it's literally done in most communities who have this rule enforced. no hate bro, i just think you care too much about pixels but thats just my opinion. imma see what happens, stay blessed!

I'm baffled as to what scenario you're making up in your head about my characters, but I'll make you aware that you're very wrong. My legal character does not use drugs, my illegal character gets them whenever he either finds them, or has enough money left by to afford them. He also gets them from friends who are able to spare a few grams, this isn't a regular occurrence, and not my sole drive for illegal character development either.

I think we're best to agree to disagree here, as I can't sway your opinion, and you're not able to sway mine.

• Upvote 1

I think it could be good to increase the limit to something like 25k to get a feel for how removing the limit entirely might turn out.  However, I think to address the concerns with how players carry money OOCly for certain script features (such as furniture), simply give the option to use bank money for some of these features instead of using money on your character.

12 hours ago, heat465 said:

I think it could be good to increase the limit to something like 25k to get a feel for how removing the limit entirely might turn out.  However, I think to address the concerns with how players carry money OOCly for certain script features (such as furniture), simply give the option to use bank money for some of these features instead of using money on your character.

I'm afraid this situation would devolve just as you mentioned in a previous thread. The RP surrounding petty theft would become so borderline overused, the RP from it would become even more lazy and half-assed and I'm sure quality of RP would continue to decrease further. Robberies would in fact increase just on the simple fact of the limit being raised. It'll bring out all the script grinders and I personally believe it would make this problem worse, rather than better. When you remove the OOC issues of carrying cash all the time, robberies would basically become about stealing phones/objects rather than money. I don't think the limit removal would improve this area of RP at all. It would simply increase the amount of low quality situations that happen surrounding it.

Edited by Sixty
  • Upvote 1

increase it don't remove it, but allow for people robbing money at organized meetups to have the limit of the agreed amount to purchase.

for example you set someone up, tell them to bring $200,000 to a deal, they agree to it and you stick them up, you should be able to take that $200,000, since they'd be allowed to rob drugs from you if it was the other way around.

Random robbery limit should be $50,000 to stop people from getting rich by robbing one person leaving a poker den. Robberies are viable and you can make a good amount of money off of them but you won't get rich from sticking up a single person, it'll take a career of targeting people likely to have money on them.

Big no from me, robberies are already terribly role-played. The reason some people carry high amount of money is because of the inflated money on the server. It costs you a few hundreds just to fuel up a car. And I can only imagine that the already badly roleplayed trucker robberies at the docks would go up.