5k Robbing Limit Change.

DoomedAmerica

Remove it. 

The only legitimate issue people have raised is the fact that mappers need to carry that much OOCly. Easy fix, change it so furniture purchases come from the bank not cash on hand. You shouldn't be carrying more then 5k anyways, which is the equivalent of $500. If you are your either being reckless and should assume the risk or your transporting a large sum of money and should be taking the precautions to stay safe, again accepting the risks. 

We have rules against spree robberies and poor RP robberies. Use the report function if someone is breaking the rules instead of operating under the assumption that the server will somehow become Somalia because an arbitrary limit is removed.    

42 minutes ago, Henning said:

The only legitimate issue people have raised is the fact that mappers need to carry that much OOCly.

• Interior Furnishing
  • Trucking Script
  • Garbage Truck Script
  • Fishing Script
  • Vehicle Upgrades / Mechanical Garages
  • Government Supplementary 4k paycheck

Those are a few things that come up to my mind which requires you to have cash on hand simply how the script currently works. Especially truck drivers have been a prominent target for low quality chain robberies because people know they have to have cash on hand in order to do deliveries and there is usually a PF gun to grab as well.

Aside from that, most robberies are already motivated by the script/item gain opposed to the roleplay value and the ever so present meta is being abused all day long; blacked out clothing, mask, BF400 - running up to someone /me holds gun to head. /b showitems. Thus, you already see a shitload of low quality robberies, let alone vehicle breakins (e.g. right outfront a police station in hopes for a PF gun). Lifting the limit without considering the above listed things (and probably a bunch more that I have not listed on the spot) will lead to an increase of these low quality robberies motivated by asset gains hoping to make that big score of 5 digit numbers onwards.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, orca112 said:

Those are a few things that come up to my mind which requires you to have cash on hand simply how the script currently works. Especially truck drivers have been a prominent target for low quality chain robberies because people know they have to have cash on hand in order to do deliveries and there is usually a PF gun to grab as well.

Aside from that, most robberies are already motivated by the script/item gain opposed to the roleplay value and the ever so present meta is being abused all day long; blacked out clothing, mask, BF400 - running up to someone /me holds gun to head. /b showitems. Thus, you already see a shitload of low quality robberies, let alone vehicle breakins (e.g. right outfront a police station in hopes for a PF gun). Lifting the limit without considering the above listed things (and probably a bunch more that I have not listed on the spot) will lead to an increase of these low quality robberies motivated by asset gains hoping to make that big score of 5 digit numbers onwards.

All the things you listened can be fixed. It's just a matter of changing the way paychecks work (Which lets be honest, should be addressed anyways) and where the money has to come from for certain purchases (The fact that some mechanic shit is through your bank while alarms, etc aren't makes no sense anyways).

As for people putting in low effort robberies? Report them. Admins have made it no secret that the BF400 meta shit isn't acceptable. Robberies aren't magically going to get better. You have to report the bad behavior as well as change other meta's about the server. Like the fact that the gun market is absolutely ridiculous or how because of the robbery rules are written this way, it really just forces all robberies to be muggings. Nobodies planning a robbery out over the equivalent of $500. But if I could rob 25k off a shop owner when he's transporting it from his business to the bank, I might be more inclined to plan shit out.

Your right in a way. If we just change the limit and do absolutely nothing. The servers going to suffer, but that's like a starting a small fire in your garage and then just not calling the fire department. Letting the fire completely engulf your house. But Jesus Christ, this community does this with every suggestion. 

We can never do X because Y will happen, even though Y is completely avoidable if people just report poor behavior.

I still don't know why furnishings don't come out of your bank account, it'd fix this problem if they remove rob limits. Should also add something when it comes to high stakes poker, like a system of buying and cashing in chips using bank account funds.

With these both it'd be fine having no robbery limit.

if ur rping robberies for the asset gain ur a spergazoid im sorry. i once robbed a guy on my alt at 4am in k-town with a hammer. he gave me $50 script money because he rped having a $50 bill in his jacket pocket that i briefly searched and i rped taking his phone, but let him keep it ooc. u want to encourage people to be happy they got robbed for the RP provided, not frustrated because u did 1 emote and robbed them of potentially months of development/progress. ive seen plenty of robberies, committed several and even been victim of a few, every single time it's ppl just trying to score a lucky gun because they're a gang faction who get PKed every other day and lose their weapons over stupid beef.

robberies are in my opinion killing rp on the streets in this server. u cant even walk through mirror park at the middle of the day without having a black car roll up and aim a gun at you. the more bad robberies that occur, will mean ppl will simply either go outside with no items on them or stop going outside to begin with, the former which makes you look like a clown when you aim ur gun at someone and they've no script assets to take. you then, by merit of doing this, make it harder to find robbery targets because are scared of even going outside in broad daylight in places like vinewood and central point.

never have i seen a robbery where they rp taking someone's coat, or pants, or shoes to "sell" on or w/e. it's purely motivated by "shit, my gang needs guns, let's head out in this unregistered 4 door and find some mallrats". they rely on the mindset that as soon as they do /me aims gun at X they automatically "win" the scenario and are assured a pretty paycheck. you shoot them as they roll up, they scream DM and claim they werent doing anything. you try to fight back after they emote, they hungrily attempt to CK u for ur assets. no wonder there's a limit of 5k. otherwise you'd walk out your front door and have 5 black 4 doors queued up neatly to run yo pockets lol

Edited by LICE
  • Upvote 4
6 hours ago, Scorch said:

Big negative on this one. I have carried upwards of $300,000 on me before when furnishing. If people lost this amount in a few seconds due to some greedy players looking for a quick buck. Eventually the server would simply become just a bunch of robbers running around robbing each other until all the money was banked.

On a side note, in a year on this server, I have been robbed three, maybe four times. Only one of these was actually successful. The others were all immediately voided due to poor RP quality or chain robbing. My particular favorite of these was the time someone tried to rob me by posting the wonderfully hilarious "/me runs up to the Malia in attempt to rob her." followed by the character running up to me and starting scriptly puching me.

To lose all of your money to a situation like this would simply boot players from the server.

What if furnishing was taken out of the players bank instead of on person? 

1 hour ago, LICE said:

i once robbed a guy on my alt at 4am in k-town with a hammer. he gave me $50 script money because he rped having a $50 bill in his jacket pocket that i briefly searched and i rped taking his phone, but let him keep it ooc.

Honestly, I would have insisted on paying twenty thousand as a reward for this attitude. If your priority is roleplay over script gains, that is something I want to encourage!

1 hour ago, DasFroggy said:

Honestly, I would have insisted on paying twenty thousand as a reward for this attitude. If your priority is roleplay over script gains, that is something I want to encourage!

be da change you wish to see...

YAOItB3.png

13 hours ago, LoLo.Jpg said:

What if furnishing was taken out of the players bank instead of on person? 

Honestly, that might help. But there are other script limitations that affect this. Thise would all need to be looked at as well. Personally, for fairness and enjoyabilty, I still think the 5k limit is a good thing. Why should illegals have such an easy time of grabbing other players money. 

My point also still stands about the quality of RP however. To lose so much to low quality RP woukd very much dissuade people from continuing in the server.

I understand that there are people who RP it well, but in my experience, this is exceedingly rare.

Edited by Scorch