5k Robbing Limit Change.

DoomedAmerica

The questions here is, do people rob others for the money and items or do they rob for the roleplay? Removing the limit just means people would focus on the monetary gain rather than how the roleplay would develop their character. People need to realize that this is a roleplay server and not a money grinding server.

5 minutes ago, QuadTurboW16 said:

The questions here is, do people rob others for the money and items-

Absolutely for the money and items. I have been told up front here on these very forums, that the priority is winning, and that anything that limits "winning" should not be something criminals adhere to.

The current generation of criminals are caught in a trend of downward quality for the sake of winning, and it seems to be accelerating.

No this has been brought up time and time again and the answer is always the same. The majority of the players who want this raised or removed are those who engage in chain robberies, and vehicle breakins on a daily basis, which are already an issue without making it an easy cash grab. @Wirbelwind Also gave some pretty good reasons as to why it shouldn't be implimented.

4 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

Believe it or not, Nervous said it himself. It will be removed with new inventory/money update. Probable when RAGE 1.1 gets implemented. Just be patient. 

Even then I'd still be 100% against a complete removal of the robbery limits. It would encourage unrealistic roleplay.

Edited by Moonsong
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Moonsong said:

Even then I'd still be 100% against a complete removal of the robbery limits. It would encourage unrealistic roleplay.

it would encourage people to fear for their money, to move carefully, and not like now, let's put 200k of my drug money on the bank, or let's walk with 200k on me, just because people can took only 5k from me

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

.pluto is spot on tbh. people should fear just depositing ill gains without laundering it, people should fear walking around with 100,000 on them. you're telling me i can persuade someone to just give me $100,000 for drugs to scam them if I deceive them well enough and peacefully BUT if I stick a gun in the top drug dealer in the whole of Los Santos' face who just done a massive drug deal and has thousands and thousands and thousands on them but I can only take $5000? 

8 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

it would encourage people to fear for their money, to move carefully, and not like now, let's put 200k of my drug money on the bank, or let's walk with 200k on me, just because people can took only 5k from me

Is walking around with large sums of cash stupid? Certainly if there's no reason for doing so or script limitations requiring cash to be on hand. That aside though, let's not pretend that there wouldn't be swarms of players robbing everyone in sight on the off-chance they'll be carrying a load of cash thus leading to a disproportionate spike in robberies due to script changes.

Let's also not forget this would have a detrimental effect on new players, who still won't know how to properly utilize the new inventory system yet. Let's say you roleplayed around for a few hours and save up 20k from starter money, only to have that swiped from you in a matter of minutes. It's not gonna be a nice experience for them, and will surely make some consider not logging back in.

On 10/16/2020 at 12:39 AM, Wirbelwind said:

I carry 100k on me from point A to point B because I'm furnishing.

I end up getting robbed, because I went to furnish, doing something that's for the most part OOC.

How is this fair? 5k is solid and the rule needs no change.

Big negative on this one. I have carried upwards of $300,000 on me before when furnishing. If people lost this amount in a few seconds due to some greedy players looking for a quick buck. Eventually the server would simply become just a bunch of robbers running around robbing each other until all the money was banked.

On a side note, in a year on this server, I have been robbed three, maybe four times. Only one of these was actually successful. The others were all immediately voided due to poor RP quality or chain robbing. My particular favorite of these was the time someone tried to rob me by posting the wonderfully hilarious "/me runs up to the Malia in attempt to rob her." followed by the character running up to me and starting scriptly puching me.

To lose all of your money to a situation like this would simply boot players from the server.

Edited by Scorch
Typo

It just gives a lot of players a bad experience when the robbing limit is over $5,000 which I think is already high enough. Robbing in a roleplaying game like gtaw also takes the realism away because most people do carry a lot of money here and in real life the best you'd probably get is a few hundred bucks if you're lucky because nowadays everyone uses online banking anyway, so it isn't really balanced enough to compare this to real life. "If a person is dumb enough to carry such amount around", yeah. Robbery in real life is a last resort option that only happens when you hit rock bottom or you need urgent money to support a drug habit. Something in that category.

A big organised robbery is a different ball game, though.

I do think that a robbing appeal (similar to a CK app) could make sense here, if you're planning a big heist on another faction or person, could even be a heist on a legal enterprise. This way the admins could have insights in your reasoning and check your history and your roleplay, so that the roleplay is of a high standard. And me personally? I wouldn't mind getting robbed if it's with good reasoning and done in a realistic way, properly roleplayed, I think I'd even find it enjoyable to be a part of such roleplay.

Edited by Paul Iacobelli