5k Robbing Limit Change.

DoomedAmerica

15 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

This attitude seems to be wildly one-sided in how it is applied when criminal roleplayers are justifying what should and should not happen. Should muggers be at risk of CK whenever they mug someone in risky conditions? Apparently that is unfair according to the criminal roleplayers. 5k limit prevents too much loss? "don't play if you don't like realistic risk bro!"

I would be willing to support upping the limit if muggers and criminals are in turn automatically CK'd if they are killed during the attempt.

My apologies DasFroggy, I wasn't sure if I would de-rail things if I got into specific ideas. But yes, if something like lifting the limit was implemented, there would need to be equally or even more harsh consequences for the criminals committing the crimes, that's a given. Things like increased jail time, possible CK scenario's (for both players) or whatever it might be. 

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Sush said:

How about we raise the limit you're allowed to rob people for but make it a requirement where the robber needs to be past their 40 hour starter pay period to be able to rob/scam other players in any capacity. This would solve the alt chain robber problem and the 5k limit.

I don't see how this would change anything that they have 40 hours, I still understand the need for it to be raised.

Robbing 5k is an insane amount to gain on one robbery, people work legal script job and only get 4k an hour, this is done in 5 minutes?

8 hours ago, Pepper said:

I don't see how this would change anything that they have 40 hours, I still understand the need for it to be raised.

Robbing 5k is an insane amount to gain on one robbery, people work legal script job and only get 4k an hour, this is done in 5 minutes?

Currently a significant portion of robberies are done on throwaway alt accounts, having a minimum time would help prevent that. Someone tried to rob my character 2 days ago on an account that was only 12 hours old. Once they realized they might be arrested for the robbery they deleted the character and created an identical one with a different name to continue that way. The majority of times I've been robbed it's by these accounts where they'll never have repercussions of any sort 

Not when robberies are a largely OOC thing the way they are now. People are in it for the assets, not the roleplay. If people on this server had more than double digit IQs and could roleplay to the fullest no matter what they're doing, I'd say yes. But where the server stands now, people just aim a gun at you and do /b show items. It's gonna be a no from me dog.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

I think 5k - 10k is completely normal ammount.  If we let robbers rob everything off the person, it will end up badly.

Robbers will do chain robberies.

Victims will try to PG their way out of the robberies at all costs, just not to loose their @-items.

As stupid as it may sound, this is an issue that can be rectified easily by simply offering a better experience. 

The five thousand dollar theft limit is entirely optional, for the victim. Any victim is entirely free to offer and give more than the five thousand dollar limit, but obviously that is not a likely outcome when the criminal participants see their victims as little more than walking ATMs.

Without getting too convoluted, there absolutely are people out there that want to have encounters with the criminal element, and there is without a doubt a (surprisingly small) section of the criminal population that brings more than *"/b showitems in 3 or i shoot u in 2... 1..."*, criminals that I and others are fully willing to pay more than the 5k limit to.

You just have to find the people that enjoy these encounters, and give them a bit more than the barebones one line running of pockets.

...and before you say these people don't exist, I'm entirely willing to work with you to set up a mugging somewhere that is safe for you, and pay fifty thousand dollars if you actually have an interest in making the scene fun for both parties involved

Bonus points if you start finding out and culling anyone that engages in low quality roleplay. A criminal enterprise thrives when they expect some level of professionalism from their own and their competition. By turning a blind eye, your sabotaging yourselves.

Market your roleplay better, because there are people interested in meeting you and roleplaying with you. You just need to make it an experience worth paying for.

Most criminals doing robberies are just looking to score your PF guns anyway. A 20-40k firearm is worth substantially more than all the cash in a string of robberies. Many gangs specifically target legal roleplayers they suspect are packing guns.