Rich people living in the ghetto for low housing cost

Juicy

On 10/15/2020 at 3:26 PM, yerro said:

Punish them. Steal their cars, key their cars, etcetera. I mean, I don't imagine a Lambo's gonna do fine in a bad neighborhood, so you guys should totally show them that IC.

But yeah, don't take my comment as "take it IC", I totally agree with you and I have pet peeves of mine when it comes to realism issues too.

Good way to get mowed down by a chick wielding a pf gun

8 hours ago, khaled said:

You could say gentrification all you want, but there's a limit. It's a gradual process that takes time, it doesn't happen in a span of two weeks. You're not going to see multi-millionaires or the like living in South Central with a gold-wrapped Lamborghini parked in their driveway of their run-down house. Why would someone who has the money to live in a safe location choose South Central? It makes no sense. You might see middle to upper middle class at most, but only in certain neighborhoods. Not in the heart of South Central crime, that's for sure.

In the process, the gentrification process begins by replacing foreclosed businesses with businesses that appeal to higher-income demographics. These businesses eventually increase the property value of the area, alongside with evicting lower-income locals that cannot afford to purchase items at their stores. This seems to be hardly the case within South-Central, as most businesses are relatively inexpensive for local consumers.

Why is a Whole Foods propped up in the Bronx? To increase the property value of the neighborhood while allowing higher-income families to reside in the area to fulfill their needs. The average lower-income person cannot afford to shop at Whole Foods... they stick to convenience stores and cheap grocery stores.

Edited by DLimit
  • Applaud 1
34 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Bro hood roleplayers have one fucking place and you’re trying to say you’re “gentrifying” it lmao please just stop 

I have to agree with this. Sure, you can classify this as gentrification but in the grand scheme of things, this area is primarily for low income gang/hood RP. If you allow gentrification to proceed IC'ly, it will basically cause an entirely new issue. Where do the people who enjoy this RP go? You have to balance the fact that this is a game along with the realistic, heavy role play aspect. Plus, let's be real. It's not actually gentrification, its players with poor RP standards who do this. You can sugar coat it all you like, but it won't change what it really is. They fall into the same group who think flipping trailers in Sandy Shores is realistic. Ridiculous. Just let it be the low income, gang territory and stop moving in just because they can't really do anything to you IC'ly. Have some common courtesy.

As discussed before, this kind of high class living in low class areas is already against the rules as per Property Management and should be reported. Not sure why we're discussing whether or not to take it IC because it's already been established that it's wrong via management. Report people who do this, don't let them get away with it.

Edited by Sting McGee
  • Upvote 3

There are two root problems:

-  Most of the actual houses are in southside LS. The only fix for that is re-mapping the world and that is a ton of work.

- The apartments, while many are not desirable at all. They are ugly lists to generic interiors with little differences between eachother other than prices. At the very least people would like apartments more if there were complex interiors instead of a list. 

Make apartments actually worthwhile and people will want them more than a house in south LS that has a garage. As it is, there's no good reason to get an apartment. 

3 hours ago, Momo's Revenge said:

There are two root problems:

-  Most of the actual houses are in southside LS. The only fix for that is re-mapping the world and that is a ton of work.

- The apartments, while many are not desirable at all. They are ugly lists to generic interiors with little differences between eachother other than prices. At the very least people would like apartments more if there were complex interiors instead of a list. 

Make apartments actually worthwhile and people will want them more than a house in south LS that has a garage. As it is, there's no good reason to get an apartment. 

You've been able to customise multi-interior apartments for around 2.5 months now and there's a lot of apartments being sold that have custom interiors because of that, it was introduced as a feature with 1.9.5b. It's true that the apartments don't have personal garages for their residents, but there's a lot of really nice apartments being sold.

Edited by Nightmaid
  • Upvote 1