• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
yerro

IC Generosity on GTA:W.

Yeah, I'm roleplaying a homeless dude who busks on the streets. People legit throw racks at me to the point where I don't even have to be homeless and it breaks my immersion. It's wild.

• Upvote 1

yerro    16
8 hours ago, shot 2 da vein said:

Yeah, I'm roleplaying a homeless dude who busks on the streets. People legit throw racks at me to the point where I don't even have to be homeless and it breaks my immersion. It's wild.

Yup, it's the same with my character and him trying to get jobs. Don't know wth you're doing and wanna work in the big city? Sure, here's the job, here's the money for your new suit, here's all you need.

It's a bit irritating since people seem to have an unchecked desire to fix things when it comes to dealing with others' characters. I.e. get a homeless person a home, etc.

Edited by yerro

3 hours ago, yerro said:

Yup, it's the same with my character and him trying to get jobs. Don't know wth you're doing and wanna work in the big city? Sure, here's the job, here's the money for your new suit, here's all you need.

It's a bit irritating since people seem to have an unchecked desire to fix things when it comes to dealing with others' characters. I.e. get a homeless person a home, etc.

I've had this same issue before. It's kind of a poor way to manage your characters money both ICly and OOCly. 

You really don't know what kind of person you're giving that money to, they could easily go buy hard drugs with that money or waste it on something else. 

I'd much rather have someone sit down, talk with my character for a bit, get to know them for half an hour to an hour. Then maybe give them a bit of cash. At least it feels earned at that point rather than a hand out and it feels like my character has gained some sort of progression, even if it's small. 

hentai!    45

Well that's what the server staff wanted. A perfect economy. The economy is so perfect that you seriously don't have to roleplay being poor or homeless. You get 200K thrown at you for the first forty hours and after that you can just... I'm not gonna say leech on society but you can basically live off people feeling bad for you because they're so fucking rich that they can feed you and buy you things like you're their child.

This is a problem nobody talks about.

yerro    16
38 minutes ago, HerpToTheDerp said:

I've had this same issue before. It's kind of a poor way to manage your characters money both ICly and OOCly. 

You really don't know what kind of person you're giving that money to, they could easily go buy hard drugs with that money or waste it on something else. 

I'd much rather have someone sit down, talk with my character for a bit, get to know them for half an hour to an hour. Then maybe give them a bit of cash. At least it feels earned at that point rather than a hand out and it feels like my character has gained some sort of progression, even if it's small. 

Yeah, I'm not against charity. It's totally realistic for a specific character to feel empathy when dealing with the homeless, or financially struggling characters. Maybe they have their own experiences of being in a bad place.

It's just that the experiences I've had are so far from that tbh.

Edited by yerro

DLimit    262
19 minutes ago, hentai! said:

Well that's what the server staff wanted. A perfect economy. The economy is so perfect that you seriously don't have to roleplay being poor or homeless. You get 200K thrown at you for the first forty hours and after that you can just... I'm not gonna say leech on society but you can basically live off people feeling bad for you because they're so fucking rich that they can feed you and buy you things like you're their child.

This is a problem nobody talks about.

The numbers on the top right section of your screen shouldn't really determine whether you're poor.

3 hours ago, DLimit said:

The numbers on the top right section of your screen shouldn't really determine whether you're poor.

Right. 

But that's not what he's getting at. I've roleplayed for years both on LSRP and now here and what I tend to find with regular "RPG Lite" type of roleplayer's is that they don't really see the value in the money they posses. In a realistic situation, a generous person who wishes to give a homeless person something of use like money or food... they can maybe afford a little, I don't know maybe 10 dollars? 20 at a push? I've personally given a homeless dude ten pounds once and that homeless dude acted like I gave him a million.

We need to start taking responsibility of our money, otherwise we're simply going to end up with another LSRP situation within the next 5 years where everybody is ridiculously rich and the wealthiest people OOC control everything (even low level street criminals).

Edited by shot 2 da vein
  • Upvote 1

DLimit    262
4 hours ago, shot 2 da vein said:

Right. 

But that's not what he's getting at. I've roleplayed for years both on LSRP and now here and what I tend to find with regular "RPG Lite" type of roleplayer's is that they don't really see the value in the money they posses. In a realistic situation, a generous person who wishes to give a homeless person something of use like money or food... they can maybe afford a little, I don't know maybe 10 dollars? 20 at a push? I've personally given a homeless dude ten pounds once and that homeless dude acted like I gave him a million.

We need to start taking responsibility of our money, otherwise we're simply going to end up with another LSRP situation within the next 5 years where everybody is ridiculously rich and the wealthiest people OOC control everything (even low level street criminals).

It simply won't happen, as player quality reports would be filed against "low income criminals" that are monopolizing on the market. It hasn't been an issue, at all, as money circulates very well, on this server. Most of the people producing this argument haven't even been on this server longer than three months.... the ones that are disagreeing with these claims have been on this server for years.

I've RP'd as a homeless person on numerous occasions. Once in a while, I'd receive a generous donation. Most of the time? I earn enough for a sandwich.  

Edited by DLimit