IC Generosity on GTA:W.

yerro

As pointed out earlier, it comes from people not knowing what to do with their money. Once you have a house and a car, there are no costs attached to owning either. Asset taxes and vehicle upkeep are completely negligible, and some people don't buy new cars every day. Then being generous is an easy way to go about things and getting people to like your character.

Caught me by surprise that this is already an issue, but it will be way more common as the years go by, the economy this server built is not meant to last five to ten years, because people get too much money. As soon as you create an account here you instantly have the opportunity of having $600,000 split between all three characters, just by staying online, which is not even a big deal considering there's no AFK system.

That's $600,000 per player, all that money comes from the server itself, not the players, while yes indeed a good amount of players will spend that money, at the end of the day is $600,000 per player.

As more players join more money is pumped into the server, if everyone got money then money loses its value, something will replace that value, whether is drugs, guns or even both. 

6 hours ago, Homie said:

Caught me by surprise that this is already an issue, but it will be way more common as the years go by, the economy this server built is not meant to last five to ten years, because people get too much money. As soon as you create an account here you instantly have the opportunity of having $600,000 split between all three characters, just by staying online, which is not even a big deal considering there's no AFK system.

That's $600,000 per player, all that money comes from the server itself, not the players, while yes indeed a good amount of players will spend that money, at the end of the day is $600,000 per player.

As more players join more money is pumped into the server, if everyone got money then money loses its value, something will replace that value, whether is drugs, guns or even both. 

As far as I know, you're wrong about money spawning. I've been told by other players that money is in circulation as opposed to being spawned out of thin air. But hey, I'm not sure about that, so.

14 minutes ago, yerro said:

As far as I know, you're wrong about money spawning. I've been told by other players that money is in circulation as opposed to being spawned out of thin air. But hey, I'm not sure about that, so.

Correct, as for the topic at hand, I roleplayed a homeless character for a short while and often times it ended up in unprovoked assaults and generous donations. I used excess money on medical bills with /charity, small money sink but it kept the realism alive by struggling to receive more than you lose.

I pay more because I know how un-rewarding some of those jobs are. I am not talking just random generosity but if they said $110 for a beer, I normally give them $300, because of the RP and what not.  I rather pay 5 IC dollars for a beer and then give them OOCly $500 but that's a different topic lol  

1 hour ago, yerro said:

I heard this too, but I can't help but believe this is a little far fetched. Even if that's accurate, it doesn't help with the situation described by the op.

7 hours ago, Homie said:

Which is not even a big deal considering there's no AFK system.

This is wrong. There is an AFK system but only under 40 hours. The money does not come from the server itself either, it's all taken from the government bank. Consider it a stimulus check for moving to the city. Maybe some parts of the economy are higher than others but I think there's a bit of players in each class category. 

Getting 200,000$ to establish your character is to be wisely used in order to forge their path.

Getting 200,000$ and doing mechanic, trucking, security, illegal arms/drugs dealing is not the viable source to go. According to server's economy, someone throwing 2 grand is 200$ and It's fine to give that to the homeless if you want.

I've seen greedy people with no heart that pay legit 10$ notes to people around. That's like 10 cents IRL.  

The problem isn't someone being generous, the problem is the way they do it. Driving a Banshee and slinging 10 grams of cocaine around for it isn't realistic. See the /problem/ not someone's /helping-attitude/.

- The AFK system works for the first 40 hours and reasonably enough helps a character to place his path. For characters RP'ing a faction, It's a grace so that they could realistically afford an apartment and vehicle without having to grind 9/24 jobs and then slowly start to gain cash. 

People need to be realistic themselves. It's not the admin's duty 24/7 to supervise us like we're from kindergarten.

4 hours ago, HerpToTheDerp said:

This is wrong. There is an AFK system but only under 40 hours. The money does not come from the server itself either, it's all taken from the government bank. Consider it a stimulus check for moving to the city. Maybe some parts of the economy are higher than others but I think there's a bit of players in each class category. 

Elaborate why I didn't get kicked by AFKing the first 40 hours of my character then, please. Also, do the test yourself and see what's what. 

Government bank? So you assume that players spend that money gambling, buying guns, drugs, whatever it is... And it comes back to the government?

Whoever told you that is just bullshitting you, I'm sorry. There is no way even half of that money will go back to the server itself, even if they buy cars, they'll buy from players because at this point is nonsense buying from a dealership, maybe when you buy an apartment that isn't being used, then yes, that money does go back to the server, other than that? No. 

I'm not saying the economy is fucked right now, quite the opposite it is going strong, but this is not an economy meant to last 5 to 10 years. If every new player has the "power" of pumping $600,000 into the server, the server is constantly growing with new players, how many players we need for the "government bank" run out of money and new players stop receiving money? That won't happen buddy, there is no bank. This money comes from the server itself.

Edited by Homie
6 hours ago, yerro said:

You are correct. The starter money comes from govt bank which is in turn filled with taxes and whatnot. The only issue is that govt. bank started with something like 1 billion in it.