IC Generosity on GTA:W.

yerro

9 hours ago, Homie said:

-snip-

What? You're wrong by your own premises. You acknowledge that the $200,000 starter cash comes from money already within the economy from taxes/server-owned businesses. So no, new players do not magically pump in $600,000 out of nowhere, because again, that money was already there and is simply recirculating to new hands.

I reread your post three times and am baffled as to how you even came to your conclusion.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, yerro said:

You know, aside your attempts to take jabs at people you're trying to prove wrong, your post just reeks of the LSRP attitude that I hope this community's never going to have.

Nonetheless, I respect your right to an opinion, but I defo hope I won't get to roleplay with you on GTAW.

If only you knew how ridiculous what you just said is, and how unfamiliar you are with the stereotypical elitist LSRP mentality. LSRP is the community that started the "hyper-realistic" movement, and in fact they take pride in that (don't make me link you a discussion I had with them there regarding the same thing, where people were bashing on me for saying exactly what I've received 3 upvotes here for saying).

Instead of being passive aggressive and saying "I hope I won't get to roleplay with you" which is incredibly childish of you since you haven't seem my quality of roleplay, how about you actually address what I said?

Also trust me, if I wanted to take a hit on someone, it wouldn't be a jab. I have absolutely no problem calling you a moron, if I deem that you deserve it (not referring to you ofc, as I don't think you do) ; passive aggressiveness is not my thing.

Edited by TritonXVII
1 hour ago, Exploits said:

What? You're wrong by your own premises. You acknowledge that the $200,000 starter cash comes from money already within the economy from taxes/server-owned businesses. So no, new players do not magically pump in $600,000 out of nowhere, because again, that money was already there and is simply recirculating to new hands.

I reread your post three times and am baffled as to how you even came to your conclusion.

I think their point was that the server started with 1b in that govt bank that starter money comes from. But hey, not sure if that's actually a lot in the bigger picture.

(And what else that money is spent on.)

Edited by yerro
56 minutes ago, yerro said:

I think their point was that the server started with 1b in that govt bank that starter money comes from. But hey, not sure if that's actually a lot in the bigger picture.

(And what else that money is spent on.)

Can we get a source that the government bank started with 1 billion? I see this number thrown around but I'm not seeing any information on it.  Keep in mind that having 1 billion in the bank would fund 5,000 characters without the government making any sort of other income.

The government also pays for legal factions and other items as well so you would have to take that into account. Overall you would need to take into account everything that the government both pays for, and receives money from. 

Overall it sounds like money doesn't spawn in out of nowhere. 

3 minutes ago, HerpToTheDerp said:

Can we get a source that the government bank started with 1 billion? I see this number thrown around but I'm not seeing any information on it.  Keep in mind that having 1 billion in the bank would fund 5,000 characters without the government making any sort of other income.

The government also pays for legal factions and other items as well so you would have to take that into account. Overall you would need to take into account everything that the government both pays for, and receives money from. 

Overall it sounds like money doesn't spawn in out of nowhere. 

Sorry, just repeating the point that was made earlier in the thread. Got no idea myself about that system, so. Feel free to scroll up to like p2 and you'll prolly find the guy claiming that thing about 1b with confidence.

8 hours ago, shot 2 da vein said:

Yeah, I'm roleplaying a homeless dude who busks on the streets. People legit throw racks at me to the point where I don't even have to be homeless and it breaks my immersion. It's wild.

Yup, it's the same with my character and him trying to get jobs. Don't know wth you're doing and wanna work in the big city? Sure, here's the job, here's the money for your new suit, here's all you need.

It's a bit irritating since people seem to have an unchecked desire to fix things when it comes to dealing with others' characters. I.e. get a homeless person a home, etc.

Edited by yerro