Show 'A new SMS text has been received' in chat

ChaosOne

Short description: Show that you've received a text message in chat, i.e., [Phone Name] A new SMS has been received!

Detailed description: Receive a notification in chat that you've received a text message. As it is now, you get a pop-up on the bottom left of the screen that disappears after a short amount of time that reads [Phone Name] A new SMS has been received!.

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? This would allow for more visibility when a text message is received and less chance to miss them. I personally miss text messages because either I am in-depth roleplaying or just don't plain see the pop-up before it disappears. 

Additional information: My main suggestion is to add the same message you see on the bottom left ([Phone Name] A new SMS has been received!), to the chat appearing top left. Would it be a good idea to add the first few words of the text message in a sort of preview as you can do in real life on cellphones as well? How viable is that? Example screenshots attached.

preview-text.jpg

As long as it's off by default and can have it permanently enabled with a command, if my character misses the phone vibrating, it is what it is. Don't really fancy more chat clutter because I believe temporary notifications should be in the form of a pop-up box. Just my opinion, maybe something to consider.

EDIT: Might be wrong but I noticed text messages more when there was a text notifier on the SMS icon, now I don't seem to get any so I don't check them.

New Message Icon of Flat style - Available in SVG, PNG, EPS, AI & Icon fonts

Edited by Law

I agree with that. It should be an enable/disable type feature if implemented. As far as chat clutter, I don't think a text message notification would add a substantial amount of additional lines to the chat, depending on how often people text, I suppose. But if considered, please make the chat line a different color than these /bad adverts! Talk about clutter.

EDIT: After Law's edit adding in the SMS icon, I think that would also be a viable option to add in addition to the chat line. Perhaps make the icon default and in chat enabled/disable optioned?

Edited by ChaosOne
  • mj2002 locked this topic