Car Dealership - Multiple features & improvements to an already existing system

Vash Baldeus

Short description:

Adding more functionality & features to the script, as it currently stands. The script is lacking quite a few features, all you get is a menu (that requires an active employee on site) & /carsign which with all honesty should be accessible regardless if you have the script or not.

Detailed description:

Since I got the script to my dealership (about two weeks ago) along with hearing from other dealership what the script actually gives you. You pay $150,000 once your script request is approved, which gives you a CEF UI that shows you a business menu that allows to add & manage employees, sell cars through said menu & /carsign. Other than that? Your employees can not spawn the cars, they can not lock or unlock the cars, they can not sell the car via /sellvehicle command (where money from sale would go to business bank, since it's possible to know what business bank it need to go to based on what business the vehicle is linked to).

The purchase menu, yes, an employee can make sales through that, but it kills ability to show the vehicle, allows a proper test drive, haggle over the price (unless owner of vehicle is present on site!). In real life an employee can drop a price of a second hand car by negotiating price, even perform a test drive after the client fills in the paperwork. In the current state of the script? None of the employees can, which causes major problem, because they need the owner to be present at all times in order to open. With these changes an employee would be able to open anytime. This suggestion was born in order to address these issues and resolve them.

As paying $150,000 for mainly /carsign, is a bit much, I'll be honest, since it was launched and people started to get the script, my car lot was one of the last to get it because with the lack of features(no blip, no features mentioned above) it did not seem reasonable to fork over that much money for so little. Eventually I decided to bite the bullet and get it, the script itself is not a bad idea, but it definitely CAN be better with some features mentioned here added.

There was another suggestion made (24/AUG/2020), and has been over a month with zero interest shown from the development team, I understand they are busy with writing new system and features, but leaving other systems that lack features is not good either, especially system that could benefit from having more additions made that with all honesty should've been there.

/carsign, the entire feature of it disappearing when a player enters a car? where you need to renew it each time should not work like that, should disappear on /sellvehicle or /carsign clear commands used. That is the only feature that is useful most times from the dealership script. One of my employees who sell's her own stock, while I was away advertised us having more cars than actually spawned on the lot, people came and IC started to bash us for "Lying about cars", "stock sucks" even though she said check our Catalog (aka the CEF system) they refused.

Moreover /carsign, should be available to every player that he/she can put a sign on a car they own 1~2 sign(s) per car without the need it being part of the dealership, why limit the /carsign just to a dealership while in-real-life you can put any sign you want on a car you own. Because quite a few people did pay for a system to help manage their lot while having employees, but it lacks a bunch of features in order to be worth the price PM asks for the shop script.

As it stands, the script is useless (for having employees at the least), having employees is pointless as long as owner of the cars is not present on the lot. Meaning the employee can sell the car via the CEF UI but he can not organize a test-drive if client wants to, nor he can negotiate price. Yes, allowing all Employees to /sellvehicle might be risky, but maybe put that command for Supervisor and higher, while regular Employee can still sell via the CEF UI while being able to accommodate at least the test drive.

Commands to add: All the commands already exist in game, they just need adjustment to work with Car Dealership script.

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? Additional features to an already existing system that lacks those features.

Additional information:

A suggestion that was done on August 24th and since then zero interest from development team, on similar topic, I tagged it here so that input is also considered.

I will tag a few people who I know that they run a dealership:

@Screw

@BlondeX

@Shane Price

@Hawken/Moscropp

@mj2002

@StoneFire

@@horiaa

Edited by Vash Baldeus
  • Upvote 4
  • Applaud 2

Carsign should be available to everyone imo. It's not uncommon to see cars on the side of the road with signs on them and a number to call for more information. I suppose the easiest way to do this right now is to leave a stack of notes or a scene marker on it. 

Like the idea overall and this will be useful and more dealerships pop up. 

7 minutes ago, HerpToTheDerp said:

Carsign should be available to everyone imo. It's not uncommon to see cars on the side of the road with signs on them and a number to call for more information. I suppose the easiest way to do this right now is to leave a stack of notes or a scene marker on it. 

Like the idea overall and this will be useful and more dealerships pop up. 

I agree, moreover the additions to the dealer script are a bit of  amust

I totally agree with the suggestion and I also believe that /carsign should be available to anyone. Besides the fact that you can simply put a sign on your car in real life, there’s a ton of things that can be done with carsigns on the server from advertising to whatnot. 

I would also like to give the employees access to spawn and manage the vehicles, even sell them. 

• Upvote 1

I support this. The problem with the script at the moment is it's very lacking. It really doesn't work as a dealership, I personally still don't see the reason to get a dealership script. Whats the point of having employees when they can literally do nothing in a realistic manner.

Thanks for making this thread! This script definitely could use some love. I hope @St3fan[NL] or another developer will take notice of this thread. The dealership script as it is works, but there's a lot of room for improvement. Most of the important ones are mentioned in this thread.

I'll go few a things that I'm not a huge fan of, but mostly this is all very sensible stuff, which I'd love to see implemented.

3 hours ago, Vash Baldeus said:

As paying $150,000 for mainly /carsign, is a bit much, I'll be honest, since it was launched and people started to get the script, my car lot was one of the last to get it because with the lack of features(no blip, no features mentioned above) it did not seem reasonable to fork over that much money for so little. Eventually I decided to bite the bullet and get it, the script itself is not a bad idea, but it definitely CAN be better with some features mentioned here added.

I disagree with this specific part. For a dealership owner, $150.000 is really nothing special. Especially if the suggested changes go through it is more than worth it. I thought the price was steep at first, but the signs are such a time saver. I just wish they'd stay after someone sits in the car, their range is reduced, and they disappear when using F7.

The last link seems to have been taken up by St3fan. I hope this means we don't have to redo the sign whenever someone is in the car.

Moreover /carsign, should be available to every player that he/she can put a sign on a car they own 1~2 sign(s) per car without the need it being part of the dealership, why limit the /carsign just to a dealership while in-real-life you can put any sign you want on a car you own. Because quite a few people did pay for a system to help manage their lot while having employees, but it lacks a bunch of features in order to be worth the price PM asks for the shop script.

I don't agree with this bit. Then you'll bypass Property Management because everyone will skip the dealership script.

As it stands, the script is useless (for having employees at the least), having employees is pointless as long as owner of the cars is not present on the lot. Meaning the employee can sell the car via the CEF UI but he can not organize a test-drive if client wants to, nor he can negotiate price. Yes, allowing all Employees to /sellvehicle might be risky, but maybe put that command for Supervisor and higher, while regular Employee can still sell via the CEF UI while being able to accommodate at least the test drive.

This is really everything. Employees make a business and provides roleplay. Right now, its a constant battle with the script mechanics.

As a fellow dealership-er, (Shameless Ride N' Rule plug, come check us out yall), I've opted not to use the script because of it's absolutely uselessness. Granted my inventory is still very small and I don't have a need for employees just yet, but for it's hefty price, it definitely should offer more than /carsign, a feature which everybody should be allowed to use without running a business.