Be REQUIRED to do roleplay the initiation of a shootout.

caballero

10 minutes ago, Le Englishman said:

I see this all the time, "oh its unfair, reaction time...."

You know whats unfair? Being killed but it happens

Bold statement but totally understandable. I stand behind it.

The game isn't about winning anyways.

Oh bo-ho, you got shot. It happens. It's part of what makes the game interesting. Develop your character of the situation.

The main thing in favor against this suggestion is just the realistic enforcment of reaction time. If somebody pulls a gun on you and just starts blasting, what are you going to do? "/me dodges like Neo" won't get you out of this one.

For me its clear like this: Bad situations happen and we don't have to continue talking about making life for victims easier.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Getting shot at isn't supposed to be fun. It's supposed to suck.

In real life you would have absolutely NO time to react. As other's have said, you already have an advantage because your character can eat a few bullets before falling.

If I had my way, I'd have an execution script where a close-range headshot is immediately fatal like 95 percent of the time.

So how exactly should you react if X roleplays taking out his gun and shooting you from behind? Do you 'hear them lurking' and automatically assume you're gonna die and pull out your gun? Oooorrr... do you already know you're going to die so you're 'paying attention to everything'?

• mj2002 locked this topic