Make the musket purchasable in gunstore

DirtNasty

Short description: Let people RP the musket as a single shot 308 rifle

Detailed description: Don't see any reason we're letting the animations of the musket rifle dictate the way we treat it. Aside from the engraved hammers the rifle resembles modern 308 hunting rifles far more then a musket. I'd argue it's some weird hybrid between a shotgun and a rifle, or a flintlock. But again don't see any reason why we can't just say it's a single shot rifle. People claim handguns are any type of handgun their hearts desire.

Commands to add: na

Items to add: Musket to gunstores 

How would your suggestion improve the server? More variation in the gunstores, more possibility for sport shooting RP and such

Additional information:

GTA Musket: ifWtkan.png

Real Single shot 308 rifle: d5LaOsb.png

Edited by DirtNasty
  • Upvote 3
Spoiler

02d53b9c0e.png

Sadly, I'll have to say no to this one chief. Muskets are not needed, and I think it'd look pretty damn goofy if I see a hillbilly running around with a musket roleplaying it as an M1 Garand or something.

Edited by Sim
spoiled the meme

I give a large + support to this idea.

I personally enjoy the idea of hunting roleplay being reintroduced into the server, and everything associated with it - and I feel that going out with a pistol would simply feel too goofy.

Everyone's biggest argument against the re-addition of the Musket is the fact that people won't roleplay it properly. However, I feel that there is a simple and easy solution to this, as there is with every other "proper RP" idea - the admin team. If you see someone doing something along the lines of:

1 hour ago, Sim said:

a hillbilly running around with a musket roleplaying it as an M1 Garand or something.

you could simply report, and it'd be dealt with, as is any other scenario that circles around the idea of poor roleplay.

In my eyes, I see that the re-addition of the Musket has more positive (roleplay expanding) potential than it does negative (the occasional idiot who'd end up punished either way?), and that is why I support this suggestion.

What modern day gun store sells fire-ready muskets? Honest question. Outside of more specific niche shops selling older, collectible weapons and most of those shops or online stores sell reproductions of muskets in a non-firing state. Very rarely will you find one in a firing state and even then, they are collectibles at this point let alone weapons to be used for hunting.

As for treating a musket as anything different than what it actually is? If it's a musket, it's a musket. As you said we're here to role play. We shouldn't pretend it's something that it's not.

Edited by Cellestine

Yes and no.

I think this could be a good thing, as it kind of makes sense - but it has to be taken into moderation completely otherwise the streets of South LS are just going to turn into Napoleonic Wars, where gangs are armed with muskets and are creating firing lines just to wipe out the opposing gang.

26 minutes ago, Cellestine said:

What modern day gun store sells fire-ready muskets? Honest question

This is a valid question, and am asking myself the same.

• mj2002 locked this topic