Jump to content

Make the $450 starter car disappear after ~10 hours of gameplay


icarusfeather

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, zaXer. said:

Just remove it all. Its a crap feature that killed the already half dead taxi community. 

New players should not be put on the same level as players with a lot of hours. The 200k starter paychecks are too much in my opinion too but the reasoning behind it is better than this new car thing. 

I agree with this. 

Link to comment
11 hours ago, zaXer. said:

Just remove it all. Its a crap feature that killed the already half dead taxi community. 

New players should not be put on the same level as players with a lot of hours. The 200k starter paychecks are too much in my opinion too but the reasoning behind it is better than this new car thing. 

 

Link to comment

I feel like having a starter car is a good idea - sense of personalizing (rentals can't be locked, you can't store things inside it) 
Increase the cost to a bit more than $450 so they can't instantly go out and buy it. Also, remove the dealership from the Airport and place it somewhere else so players have to use a taxi to get to wherever for let's say the first hour of gameplay?

Link to comment

Honestly when I started playing again I was so confused about the lease vehicles. I spent a lot of time just trying to find out the downside to the lease vehicles and the only true downside is they're not as good as some of the vehicles you pay for but they're still pretty nice. 

 

I feel like there should be a downside to a lease, maybe they need to get maintenance more often, can't modify the parts at a mechanic shop just the paintjob, just something to make it stand out. 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, HerpToTheDerp said:

I feel like there should be a downside to a lease, maybe they need to get maintenance more often, can't modify the parts at a mechanic shop just the paintjob, just something to make it stand out. 

I think not being able to modify them would be a good start. That would at least give them a disadvantage to other vehicles.

Link to comment

Just gonna give my 2 cents.

 

I think that whilst this is a nice incentive, it makes it to easy to get your hands on a car. Renting a vehicle is already cheap enough to start players off and the starter paychecks soon mean players can afford cars anyway.

 

This would hopefully also mean that the taxi service sees increased demand, which it deserves.

 

I understand that most people in a real setting have their own vehicles but it takes time to save for any car, no matter how luxurious, and this is something that is currently missing.

 

You should either have to:

1. rent a vehicle short term 

2. save and purchase your own vehicle

3. get a taxi

Link to comment
12 hours ago, Lockhart said:

This would hopefully also mean that the taxi service sees increased demand, which it deserves.

This was an issue way before the $450 car was introduced. Can't hurt something that's already pretty much dead. Knew a lot of taxi drivers that just sat around forever when it was just the rental car system. It's not the $450 car that's hurting taxi RP. It's a lack of people who are willing to use a taxi. Just like the issue of tow trucks and how few calls they get simply because people won't use the system for RP's sake. It's an inconvenience to lazy RP'ers, which unfortunately are always in higher numbers over the good ones. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see an uptick in the taxi RP area, but it's been t an uphill battle long before the $450 car was introduced.

Edited by Cellestine
Link to comment
20 minutes ago, Cellestine said:

This was an issue way before the $450 car was introduced. Can't hurt something that's already pretty much dead. Knew a lot of taxi drivers that just sat around forever when it was just the rental car system. It's not the $450 car that's hurting taxi RP. It's a lack of people who are willing to use a taxi. Just like the issue of tow trucks and how few calls they get simply because people won't use the system for RP's sake. It's an inconvenience to lazy RP'ers, which unfortunately are always in higher numbers over the good ones. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see an uptick in the taxi RP area, but it's been t an uphill battle long before the $450 car was introduced.

They altered the system to only allow Rental cars to drive at a maximum of fifty miles an hour. During this time, I would receive non-stop requests for a taxi throughout the entire day. Thus, only allow new players to possess the cheaper vehicle for only a maximum of ten hours to force them to either A) Purchase a new vehicle or B) To request for a taxi. Otherwise, simply abolish the system and allow players to rent a vehicle for an hour at a time, rather than only thirty minutes, as I believe that this system was implemented since rental vehicles would continuously despawn on players while they are completing the tutorial.

Link to comment
On 10/10/2020 at 6:29 AM, zaXer. said:

Just remove it all. Its a crap feature that killed the already half dead taxi community. 

New players should not be put on the same level as players with a lot of hours. The 200k starter paychecks are too much in my opinion too but the reasoning behind it is better than this new car thing. 

 

Link to comment
  • mj2002 locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
  • Create New...