Color to wheels

• Developer

It's easy for a player to say "nicer car menu" but you don't know the complexity of the system behind it. Same with the clothing stores we cannot just change it in a blink of an eye because its a HUGE system.

We have more priority stuff to work on than cosmetic things

#Don't try to fix what isn't broken. 

As for the suggestion, I have looked over it, its possible and I will discuss it with our @Nervous boss

4 minutes ago, St3fan[NL] said:

It's easy for a player to say "nicer car menu" but you don't know the complexity of the system behind it. Same with the clothing stores we cannot just change it in a blink of an eye because its a HUGE system.

As for the suggestion, I have looked over it, its possible and I will discuss it with our @Nervous boss

The car menu is fine to be honest. The only thing that bothers me is that if you press backspace in the menu to go to a different category you need to re-request the mechanic.

Also which I'm not sure is possible but I'd like to see. Is the different materials of paint. Matte, Metallic etc. 

But as you mentioned this is not high priority as the menu currently works fine..

3 minutes ago, St3fan[NL] said:

For the RGB? Nope not possible as far as I am aware.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I was talking about the different paint options like in GTA Online. Maybe there could be an extra column in the database that has a numeric value like: 1: Metallic, 2: Matte, 3: Metal. And then add the RBG options for that. However I don't think this is currently possible with the Rage framework. 

Edited by Qainer
2 hours ago, Qainer said:

Yeah, that's what I thought. I was talking about the different paint options like in GTA Online. Maybe there could be an extra column in the database that has a numeric value like: 1: Metallic, 2: Matte, 3: Metal. And then add the RBG options for that. However I don't think this is currently possible with the Rage framework. 

We have all of the paint types already, apart from metallic. All of the main paints are under the same index list. It’s the pearl that needs to have its own added to give us that metallic sparkle 

4 hours ago, St3fan[NL] said:

I agree. The menu is a bit clucky right now but it works overall. My thought was that seeing a lot of the menus in a similar format would make the server look nice from an outside perspective.

I do realize it's a total rewrite and in no way anything that would get done instantly or worked on right away even but I just like the idea of standardising the menu format eventually.