Color to wheels

Short description: Adding colorable wheels, as seen in normal GTA

Detailed description: I found this; https://wiki.rage.mp/index.php?title=Vehicle::wheelColor. Perhaps it will be able to finally change having to choose between chrome and black. Black is boring. Black hides the lines and curves. It kills details.

First and foremost, wheels should be set to the default alloy color that exists. Wheels shouldn't come as standard as black on cars that come with colorable wheels. It doesn't look good.

Secondly, the mod menu should have the color index introduced that cars have. There are a number of colors to choose from. Black, grey, silver, white, bronze and more.

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: N/A, technically.

How would your suggestion improve the server? More diversity, less ugly black wheels that don't belong in most cases. uniqueness and creativity.

Additional information:

• Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, Sixth said:

M a l l r a t s 

Disagree, I think itll end up looking goofy where 90% of the cars I see would have them

ah yes

tell me more about an lsrp term that makes no sense here. This isn't about making wheels bright pink or orange or yellow or green. I dont know about you, but I don't want the wheels on my car to be BLACK. I want them to be ALLOY colored, like they should be.

But in the event someone wants to be creative with their vehicles, they should have that choice.

Spoiler

e4638f7caa599f1a1b7150fd4d1a4206.png

f74696630b6d67683f2db6be3c5f93c1.png

Do you see how all of these are just a flat black color. Can't be changed to white, red, blue, bronze. Something that could better reflect them.

Spoiler

4e35122a1e361310944e5dac3d8e07f5.png

e1383b2abd78704a2c76290d8437d21c.png

See how these are just grey or bronze? They suit the vehicle, they provide better style and above all else they aren't the blackest black. Even stock cars come with colorable wheels and because Rage defaults to black, they look terrible.

This isn't some fabulous new script feature. This is a CORE feature of Grand Theft Auto 5. Something that has no reason to be purposefully neglected. 

Also @KarMagick Chrome wheels are already possible. They have their own model. This isn't that. This is to stop the ugly black wheels everyone is forced upon.

Edited by Marksman
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Also @KarMagick Chrome wheels are already possible. They have their own model. This isn't that. This is to stop the ugly black wheels everyone is forced upon.

Didn't know about the chrome rims - To be fair, whole vehicle modding menu (as 90% of the other menus on the server) is a total clusterfuck, hard to find anything. But yeah no I agree, I definitely want this changed, allow colored rims.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, KarMagick said:

Didn't know about the chrome rims - To be fair, whole vehicle modding menu (as 90% of the other menus on the server) is a total clusterfuck, hard to find anything. But yeah no I agree, I definitely want this changed, allow colored rims.

We need more menu's redone like the face creation system/hair

• Upvote 1
Just now, HerpToTheDerp said:

We need more menu's redone like the face creation system/hair

No you really don’t, the car modding menu has been the same since the start of the server or so it feels like.

OT: more realistic colours for rims, yes it’s needed

2 minutes ago, Jura said:

No you really don’t, the car modding menu has been the same since the start of the server or so it feels like.

OT: more realistic colours for rims, yes it’s needed

You know what else was the same since the start of the server....

The face creation and hair system until they were redone.