[AZ Reports] An interview with Nayeli Greyfeather!

Zani

39TUbTR.png

AZ

An Interview With: Nayeli Greyfeather

Wow. Who would have thought that I would be doing such a thing as reporting? Well, get over it because this is just a side hobby that I thought of in the middle of the Election. Speaking about the Elections, it was a wave of 1-2 Mayweathers and 3-4 McGregors to everyone's faces. With accusations flying around on both parties to alleged domestic and violent disputes, people did not know who to believe. We all followed the press releases from both sides of the election as well as Los Santos' dominant news network, Los Santos News Network (LSNN.) I must say, they did provide Los Santos with some juicy reports, but how accurate were they? We also noticed that LSNN would seem to lean more towards the left as they pushed out more reputable reports towards the Democratic side (though when they heard of that Orosco report, they just could NOT let that one slide.) Unfortunately, unbiased media is hard to come by. That is when myself, AZ, a white privileged male (that's a joke) thought of digging deeper into the system. The real corrupt system! The media! One individual shone throughout these Elections on the face of the media; the young and beautiful Nayeli Greyfeather. That's right, all you other editors and reporters suck! Kidding of course but not really. So, I went on the hunt to track down and locate Nayeli's whereabouts and I can tell you exactly how tough the journey was and what I had to go through to get Miss Greyfeather to agree to an interview. Literally Facebrowser. It was that easy. So, I posed a series of questions that some of us may have wanted to ask Miss Greyfeather herself. With the help of her attorney, Miss Greyfeather did a real solid job of answering my questions. It is a simple format. Question = My question to Miss Greyfeather, Answer = Miss Greyfeather's answer in bold. My reaction to an answer will be in italics.

Question: Tell us about your position in the Los Santos News Network, and what does it entail?
Answer: My position is Lead Editor. It requires me to proof read and approve articles for publication by our journalists. I'll consult when required with my bosses Ashley Cross, Adrian Winter, and Mathias Viramontes about editorial decisions that I need advice on. I also get to write and research, which is still what I love.

Question: Tell us what kind of pressure or stress exists working in a media company such as LSNN? Is it rather laid back or is there pressure on finding content worthy of press releases?
Answer: My bosses are great to work for. All have a lot of experience in the media industry. There's never been pressure to find a "press release"; we only go to where the facts are, or show our readers something they wouldn't usually see. In the lead up to the election there was pressure, but it was external. For example, I had one Democratic staffer in particular approach me numerous times in clubs where I was dancing or elsewhere and demand that we run more damaging articles against the GOP. Obviously, we didn't do that.

Those crooked democrats. S-M-H.

Question. The Los Santos News Network seems to be biased towards the Democratic party. People have raised concerns as the Los Santos News Network continues to push media revolving mostly around the Democratic party. What is your personal take on this?
Answer. I disagree with your statement. 'Seems to be biased' according to who? We cover the news, we're not here to hurt anyone. But let's narrow the question to the articles we wrote during this campaign and who they were most damaging to. On one side - the Republicans - we have only Mr. Orleans. On the other side we have Ms. Collins, Mr. Orosco, and finally on the eve of the election, after I spoke to Democratic Party sources the night before, we published an article very critical of the Democratic Party Chairman, Mr. Galloway. With those numbers, I think its difficult to argue we have a bias. But it makes for a healthy comments section.

Question: Does the Los Santos News Network stress pushing a liberal/democratic agenda and would you consider it a left-winged media outlet?
Answer: I've never seen or heard anyone push an agenda at LSNN. Our people supported whoever they supported in the election as private citizens because everyone has a right to vote. None of that leaked into their reporting, if it did I would have corrected it. I personally don't vote, because I'm Lakota and I know my people's history. Some people might be surprised to learn that I think Donald Trump's election in 2016 was a good thing - not because I like him or even think he's competent (he's not) but because he was a hand-grenade that disempowered people got to throw at the establishment in retaliation for years of political neglect by both parties.

Well, some people will hate Trump, some people will support him. All I know is, Trump over Biden any day.

Question: How accurate is the content from the Los Santos News Network? How hard does the LSNN verify its content?
Answer: We always try to verify accuracy to the best of our ability and resources. We have many tips come in to the network that we don't take out to a published article because we can't be confident in the facts. We also speak to the media affairs branches in the LSPD, LSSD and LSFD to help us to verify our facts. I know that Adrian is very passionate about this and our reputation depends on it.

Question: How come the LSNN covered significantly more articles regarding the Democratic Party as opposed to the Republican Party?
Answer: That's interesting and something which happened organically. After Kasper wrote the Badar Khan article, we had an internal discussion about whether we should do one on a Republican candidate. But we'd moved to setting up the apparatus for both our live results page and election broadcast. I originally had an article I was preparing covering the Republican fundraiser for the San Andreas Veteran's Organization. I think from memory it raised $400,000. I'd planned to have it out maybe a few days prior to the election. Then I got a tip that one, or maybe two, Democratic Party candidates were thinking of going public about their unhappiness with Mr Galloway's handling of their campaign. 
I also heard their anger related to how he'd handled the Orosco/Pierce story in a Party press statement. Since I'd also been dissatisfied with the Democratic Party's press statement, I then shifted focus to the Party's female candidate, the only female candidate, to see if I could lay the foundation for a story I thought would be more politically important. In my mind I had bet that Tanya Sun would be one of the two.

Question: Los Santos News Network has published articles such as the ALLEGED Orosco domestic abuse report. What was this article based off of?
Answer: Evidence, eyewitnesses, and the accuser who was prepared to go on the record.

I personally did not see any physical evidence. That could just be me. But, I don't know if 'eyewitnesses' or the 'accuser' suffices until cross examination or a Court verdict is pronounced after a fair trial.

Question: Don't you feel as though releasing such an article before a Court verdict is made is rather harmful to the accused party? 
Answer: Mr. Orosco's allegations were severe and with the information we gathered we were confident to release the article. Every news article can be harmful in one way or another, this time it happened to be during the election because the information was brought up during it. Considering Mr. Orosco still had 62 votes, only five less than his competitor, I doubt that the article did hurt his chances.

Great response miss Greyfeather. Kudos.

Question: How can you reconcile and justify publishing an article without a proven verdict that is extremely sensitive?
Answer: Richard Orosco was, at the time, a public figure running for office. Public figures are held to a higher standard than private citizens and voters have a right to know about any possible problems that might impair their candidate's ability to govern.

Question: Do you or the LSNN believe in innocence until guilt is proven?
Answer: I can only speak for myself, and yes.

Question: Lately, the term 'Defund the Media' has been introduced across the United States. This merely a symbolic statement as media outlets are owned privately. How do you respond to such a statement?
Answer: I understand. I think that phrases like defund the media would largely dissolve if media organizations clearly distinguished between their opinion and news content. I also think that there's not enough diversity of opinion in the mainstream media - by this I mean that there needs to be more conservative voices. This can, and should be, fixed in colleges. Luckily, I never went, so I think I avoided some of the left wing ideological indoctrination that might go on there.

Yeah, thank God you did not go to colleges with those 'RACE-ONLY safe spaces.' That's toxic and a breeding ground for liberals and white-apologists.

Question: You published a post on Facebrowser account about a legal issue regarding yourself and an ex/boyfriend of yours? Could you tell us what is going on with that?
Answer: Nothing, I hope. I had already stopped communication with him entirely, and now have no interest in revisiting that chapter of my life. Right now, I've an excellent lawyer who is handling that whole side of things while I'm moving forward. I'm actually really happy to say there's now someone who provides me more than enough to think about these days.

Personal 'FUN FACT' Question: Who is your current boyfriend? Let the world know!
Answer: My boyfriend is wonderful, and he puts me first in his life. I'm not used to that...being put first. So I love him. And I reward him for it. As for who he is? I'll only say he's a 'Broken Cowboy'. He'll know what that means.

Do I spot a little kinky statement in that response? Man. All I can say is, if it's that Chad guy, we lost a good woman. Come on guys, we've gotta move on.

Well. I would have to say that developing this little thing was actually really fun! I might actually do more of this. I thank Miss Nayeli Greyfeather and her attorney(s) for cooperating with me and answering these questions. I don't really expect anyone to care about this but, if you want to say something or have an idea for next time, comment below? Thanks!

Disclaimer: 'AZ Reports' and it's editor(s) are not an accredited media company. This is purely a hobby and is not meant to represent anyone's opinions/views on any matter.

Edited by Saccs
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
22 hours ago, DLimit said:

Username: Arrow
Comment:
"I personally don't vote, because I'm Lakota and I know my people's history."

Prolly the smartest shit u ever said in ur fuckin life @Greyfeather

Username: Ayzee

Comment: Oh she’s pretty smart. See how she averted my questions with her responses? Gotta give her credit. I’ll get her on the next one though.

• Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic