[SALEH LAW BLOG] Civil Liberties Pledge - Elected Officials & Candidates

image.png.b5ba195b49d4ea850be195d8082c10d6.png

Posted 10/02/2020

About us and the Pledge

Civil liberties are guarantees and freedoms that liberal governments commit not to abridge, either by legislation or judicial interpretation, without due process. They are a cornerstone of an orderly democratic society that respects a rule of law, the mandate of the voters will, and serve to invest people with an actual sense of autonomy over the course of their lives as citizens of the great State of San Andreas. 

Saleh Law is a non-partisan legal firm with the mission of providing quality legal protection to those in society who traditionally have the least access to it. As of recent, Saleh Law has also been drafting bi-partisan legislation for the betterment of society and offers comprehensive political consultation services to candidates who uphold a basic standard of protecting civil liberties and expanding them meaningfully. We believe that all candidates should wholeheartedly pledge to protect and, when necessary, expand civil liberties to make sure all citizens in Los Santos have their civil rights protected and so that all those who may find their rights infringed upon under any circumstances have explicit and unequivocal support from the highest levels of government. This is why we created the Civil Liberties Pledge.  A copy has been sent to each candidate and elected official. .

image.png.6bcd44361a38472289feacdb85fb6f6d.png

10/02/2020

Expanded 20/02/2020

I, the undersigned, agree to abide and stay true to all of the provisions of this pledge, "Civil Liberties Pledge," to the best of my ability if I should take office in the capacity of any public office, city or state.

• I hereby promise to never design nor allow a piece of legislation to come to law that might curtail or infringe upon the civil rights and liberties guaranteed to San Andreas citizens.
  • The standard for what constitutes civil rights and liberties that shall be protected, strengthened, and reaffirmed by the signers of this pledge shall be the rights and privileges granted by the United States Constitution and affirmed internationally in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (U.N. Resolution 217,  10 December 1948)
  • The signer also recognizes the value of certain enumerated economic rights as a crucial part of ensuring an equitable proliferation of opportunity, autonomy, and prosperity among all citizens and swears to uphold the spirit of these rights as laid out in Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Economic Bill of Rights (FDR 11 January 1944).
  • The rights enumerated in these landmark documents shall be upheld by the signer guaranteeing the civil liberties of all people regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, gender identity, religion, religious practice, age, disability, and sexual orientation. 
  • Any potential infringements of these rights shall be curtailed by the signer if made duly aware of the possibility of infringement and if within their power to prevent.

To all of which, I hereby affirm and sign onto wholeheartedly and promise to observe and protect these liberties without any hesitation in my capacity in holding Public Office.

image.png

Spoiler

PRINT NAME & TITLE: Chloe Eliza Knight, Democratic Candidate for San Andreas State Senate

SIGNATURE:  3pW6wlu.png

SIGNING DATE: February 15, 2021

COMMENT: None needed.

PRINT NAME & TITLE: Edgars Gudlevskis, Republican Candidate for San Andreas State Senate

SIGNATURE:  hhXdJ80.png

SIGNING DATE: February 15, 2021

COMMENT:  N/A

PRINT NAME & TITLE: Malikah Saleh, Independent Candidate for Mayor of Los Santos.

SIGNATURE:  83677299415092247605073e54fed087.png.2f170e978bda5d227e8f6c782869a344.png

SIGNING DATE: 10th October 2020

COMMENT: I wrote this pledge to set a high standard for leadership in Los Santos. I sign it now, holding myself to that same standard. 

PRINT NAME & TITLE: Charles Galloway, Candidate for Mayor of Los Santos.

SIGNATURE:  u7CM1IX.png

SIGNING DATE: 2nd October 2020

COMMENT: Civil Liberties Pledge is something that the Democratic Party and myself wishes to sign. In our party manifesto we have a few paragraphs, pointing out how much the aforementioned civil liberties are important to us since the day the party was created. I am very happy to sign this additional pledge.

PRINT NAME & TITLE: Oswald Halford, Candidate for Mayor of Los Santos.

SIGNATURE:  8NMKek0.png

SIGNING DATE: 10/02/2020

COMMENT: This pledge is something  that should be officially integrated into the oath that elected representatives swear by when entering office. I fully stand behind it.

PRINT NAME & TITLE: George Valencia, Eastern District Representative

SIGNATURE:

image.png.b868f614a5a9c799a47576129cfff00a.png

SIGNING DATE: 10/02/2020

COMMENT: I willfully and proudly sign this pledge in order to protect and honor the civil liberties for each individual within our great city. It is our duty as officials to serve and represent the People of Los Santos, and I believe that by signing this pledge, we are initiating our dutiful service to the People.

PRINT NAME & TITLE: Wallace Abbasi, Southern District Representative

SIGNATURE:  LnpY0bC.png?1

SIGNING DATE: 3rd October 2020

COMMENT: I believe that everybody in public office should align themselves with this pledge.

PRINT NAME & TITLE: Alex Flynn, Central District Representative

SIGNATURE: qRsTMLH.png

SIGNING DATE: Oct. 3rd, 2020

COMMENT: Yes.

PRINT NAME & TITLE: Joseph Hoffman, County District Representative

SIGNATURE: 1628500183_ScreenShot2020-10-03at11_27_51AM.png.9efd3bb7d937df3244abf882357c9769.png

SIGNING DATE: Oct. 3rd, 2020

COMMENT: I fully support this pledge. 

Candidates & elected officials sign digitally:

PRINT NAME & TITLE: [Full Name], [Candidate for ____/District Representative for ____]

SIGNATURE:  [SIGNATURE]

SIGNING DATE: 

COMMENT:

Comments enabled:

Username:
Comment:

(( @Scarlatti @NexusExodus @liq @vrb @Suxen @MrValencia @SunFun @Certified Lover Boy Jola ))

Edited by Al-Malikah
formatting, sigs
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

PRINT NAME & TITLE: Oswald Halford, Candidate for Mayor of Los Santos.

SIGNATURE:  8NMKek0.png

SIGNING DATE: 10/02/2020

COMMENT: This pledge is something  that should be officially integrated into the oath that elected representatives swear by when entering office. I fully stand behind it.

Edited by NexusExodus
  • Upvote 1

PRINT NAME & TITLE: Charles Galloway, Candidate for Mayor of Los Santos.

SIGNATURE:  u7CM1IX.png

SIGNING DATE: 2nd October 2020

COMMENT: Civili Liberties Pledge is something that the Democratic Party and myself wishes to sign. In our party manifesto we have a few paragraphs, pointing out how much the aforementioned civil liberties are important to us since the day the party was created. I am very happy to sign this additional pledge.

Edited by Scarlatti

PRINT NAME & TITLE: George Valencia, Eastern District Representative

SIGNATURE:

image.png.b868f614a5a9c799a47576129cfff00a.png

SIGNING DATE: 10/02/2020

COMMENT: I willfully and proudly sign this pledge in order to protect and honor the civil liberties for each individual within our great city. It is our duty as officials to serve and represent the People of Los Santos, and I believe that by signing this pledge, we are initiating our dutiful service to the People.

PRINT NAME & TITLE: Wallace Abbasi, Southern District Representative

SIGNATURE:  LnpY0bC.png?1

SIGNING DATE: 3rd October 2020

COMMENT: I believe that everybody in public office should align themselves with this pledge.

Edited by Certified Lover Boy Jola
  • 4 months later...
  • Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic