Change the FLD URL

Fireworks

And what do you suggest? FLD = Firearms Licensing Division, its quite literally the people that issue firearms licenses. You can just make something up and use the url OOCly.

i.e you can say something like lspd.gov/licenses or like fld.gov.us? I don't know.

Also on a technical point of view, domains actually cost money, I'm in no way speaking for Nervous but I highly doubt he would purchase an entire new domain for something that can be solved by being creative, not sure if there are any good immersion-like domains out there.

Edited by Mike

A new domain will cost £30 a year, maximum. I'm sure Nervous could afford to purchase a new one.

The FLD is appropriate, I don't have an issue with that. It's just the gta.world part. As for the particular domain name, this is something that'd have to be looked into and possibly even voted on.

6 minutes ago, khaled said:

yh if u want just make something up that’s more realistic like what mike said above, just pm them after with the actual url to prevent confusion

This. "Oh, just visit FLD's website. You can access that via PD's main site." then just let them know in /b or /pm. Easy as!

7 minutes ago, khaled said:

yh if u want just make something up that’s more realistic like what mike said above, just pm them after with the actual url to prevent confusion

This is what I'm currently having to do, and telling my staff to do too. I'm just making this suggestion to see whether it could be changed/improved upon.

26 minutes ago, Mike said:

And what do you suggest? FLD = Firearms Licensing Division, its quite literally the people that issue firearms licenses. You can just make something up and use the url OOCly.

i.e you can say something like lspd.gov/licenses or like fld.gov.us? I don't know.

Also on a technical point of view, domains actually cost money, I'm in no way speaking for Nervous but I highly doubt he would purchase an entire new domain for something that can be solved by being creative, not sure if there are any good immersion-like domains out there.

the FLD in fld.gta.world isn't the problem. It's the gta.world that's the problem.

GTAW should really get a different name for all of its IC domains, so none of them have to have gta.world in the middle of the website name.

• 1 month later...
  • Developer
On 9/30/2020 at 10:19 PM, Marksman said:

the FLD in fld.gta.world isn't the problem. It's the gta.world that's the problem.

GTAW should really get a different name for all of its IC domains, so none of them have to have gta.world in the middle of the website name.

Like what?
LSGOV.US
LSGOV.COM
LSGOV.NET

are all taken, what kind of domain would make sence for all IC services?