Easier to obtain attachments for illegal guns

RUNYOUOUTYOURHOOD

I am a legal roleplayer, where's my attachments? It would actually make more sense for my gun-loving character to pull up to Ammunation and buy a box of hollow points and a rail with a red dot sight rather than from some dude in Rancho.

I actually think Nervous himself said that legal roleplayers will never get attachments, but he also said we wouldn't be getting more guns which we did.

Hi. As the person that originally developed the attachment script, here's my input:

Originally, the attachment script was created and rolled out to LSPD SWAT, a very small subset of people (5-6) at the time who were trusted by legal faction management. This was done because the sync was manual, and, if I'm being honest, not the best. This meant that sometimes attachments would/wouldn't appear and it has - and will continue to lead to some interesting scenes. This was intended as a test which was later rolled out to legal factions with flashlights on their pistols.

Even in 1.1, the sync isn't perfect - you can't sync weapon flashlights (to my knowledge). Imagine if you were killed by someone rocking an extended mag only on your screen for them to be reloading after they fired X rounds because the attachments didn't sync?

4 hours ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

So I worked in the gun business for a long time. And I saw a lot of bangers come buy guns, and I saw a lot of bangers come sell guns back to me.

You're so far off the mark with this statement it made me laugh out loud. Gangbangers aren't buying Glocks with compensators and crimson trace setups. They're buying what's cheap. Seeing some banger with a flashy piece in a movie or a Nat Geo documentary isn't what "most" people do.

Another pretty baseless statement. First off, ammunition is not an attachment, Second, hollow points, not hollow tips. I don't care what the rappers say. Third, you're not getting the whole being a poor gangbanger thing. It's a money thing again. Tell me if you're a poor gangbanger, what are you buying? 20 rounds for 30 bucks? Or 50 rounds for 21-23 bucks?

There three kickers here. First one is that is actually going to help you against a cop with a rifle. And two, if hollow points get distributed the factions, you know that PD is getting them too. Hell I can drive down to any sporting goods store and buy a box of Hydra Shoks or some Cor Bon and be good. If it's that easy to get them, you know the legal factions are getting them too. The third, and my favorite kicker on this unresearched, not very well written proposal.

None of what you asked for is illegal. You asked for lasers and, sights, and extended mags. I guess a suppressor could fall under "all types of other stuff" but I'm not really going to include it since you didn't and given the content above, I'm almost 100% positive you have no idea what the process is to get a suppressor. And that's okay. But you should also understand that it's not as simple as ordering it off the internet.

So I support the distribution of some attachments. But to make the claim that every banger is carrying around some souped up piece with all that on it, it's incorrect. Does it happen? Sure. Is it the norm? Absolutely not. I reverse image searched both of those images you posted. And I realize you might have got them from discord but they both hit back with a big presence on tumblr. Tumblr is not a good place to do your research.

Modern day LA as of night now is pretty boys with skinny jeans and waves driving foreign cars that will smoke you with a flashy ass Glock that holds monkey nuts, that's facts. 

• mj2002 locked this topic