Certain cults symbols onto the forums profile pictures.

Daquan Kingston

I check the forums of GTA World every now and again, and I did witness before various people having certain religious symbols as their pictures such as crosses, or half moons, and so on. However, I see repetitively people who use various cults with a negative background in the societies that some of us live, and that may be disturbing for some of us. I am very worried on what these players show, and what they might think like when I see certain things, even from the staff.

fc906dc16d73a59fea65d1a3c254404c.png

Can we all keep things like this private instead, please?

Edited by Daquan Kingston
  • Applaud 1

I don't see this as an issue. It's an avatar — unless it's explicitly offensive (e.g. Nazi symbolism, burning of national flags, gore et al), I feel like it's a non-issue. But, perhaps, an option to (locally) disable avatars could be something to look into in order to stop such things without affecting others.

Some people, much like myself, enjoy expressing themselves with imagery. Forum signatures aren't a thing anymore, and people just have to be crafty with their avatars.

5 minutes ago, Wirbelwind said:

I don't see this as an issue. It's an avatar — unless it's explicitly offensive (e.g. Nazi symbolism, burning of national flags, gore et al), I feel like it's a non-issue. But, perhaps, an option to (locally) disable avatars could be something to look into in order to stop such things without affecting others.

Some people, much like myself, enjoy expressing themselves with imagery. Forum signatures aren't a thing anymore, and people just have to be crafty with their avatars.

Personally to me a symbol of a religious cult can be just as harmful as a Nazi flag, if not more. They both preach dangerous ideologies that can absorb followers behind them, but let's not enter into that discussion. I agree with you that we need some sort of a filter, because I wouldn't want for a person who is in a certain age group to be confronted with all these things, despite on how well their family educated them.

Edited by Daquan Kingston