Smell Feature + New business type

Cody F.

Do you want to see this implemented?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Short description:

A new smell feature, to be implemented as a complete realistic system.

New business type suggestion, offering a wide selection of fragrances.

Detailed description:

We will agree that the roleplay experience includes all of our characters' senses, except for the smell. It's rare to see a player stating the smell spreading out in a place. 

So why not have this new system, allowing us either to buy fragrances from specific stores (NEW BUSINESS TYPE SUGGESTION) or simply to smoke a cigarette, to automatically let your entourage know if your smell is pleasant or not.

Whenever you [/useitem] a perfume, a cigarette, or whatever, a message can be submitted to characters within a determined range based on how strong is the smell (can be chosen from the variety of fragrances you buy from the store).

A very small demonstration:

WOwCZg1.png

pcmZGT6.png

(Please note that I used [/do] for demonstration purposes only, the formatting can be different, it will be up to the development team after all). 

To make it more realistic, a timer can be set after you use smelly products, so if you apply perfume on your body, the message would appear for maybe 3 hours or so. That way, we can assure continuous marketing for the suggested new type of businesses.

This system can also be customized to include any flowers or any bad smells (i.e. trash, fart, etc..).

Commands to add:

The business script can have some more commands for fragrances. If not, the existing commands are completely enough, I'm referring to [/useitem].

Items to add:

A new business script related to fragrances. Flower shops can be upgraded as well.

How would your suggestion improve the server?

An easy, realistic, and very unique system, we will be using all our character's senses.

Additional information:

Nothing to mention, thanks a lot!

Edited by Cody F.
Formatting as per your request
  • Upvote 2
5 hours ago, KarMagick said:

Make it not so bad on the eyes for people with eye problems like me and I'll read it, what kinda formatting is that, why, why these colors, there's literally a format to use on suggestions

Short description:

Detailed description:

Commands to add:

Items to add:

Additional information:

Well, what a surprise. God bless you^^.. 

4 hours ago, joshua said:

not too sure i want to walk through a crowd and have my chat filled with various stench descriptions, honestly. i see the essence of the idea but it needs to be something that doesn’t just add to chatbox clutter

I completely agree with you, but.. Not too sure if it's possible in another way, one more line in your chatbox can improve the whole roleplay experience after all.

8 hours ago, KarMagick said:

Make it not so bad on the eyes for people with eye problems like me and I'll read it, what kinda formatting is that, why, why these colors, there's literally a format to use on suggestions

Short description:

Detailed description:

Commands to add:

Items to add:

Additional information:

He fixed the format yet used the same colors.

• mj2002 locked this topic