TO IFM - What Is It You Want?

Kuma

I will chime in with a response that will probably be buried but anyways...
I see people complain way too often that their faction idea got denied by IFM without them even RPing prior to that.
I believe things would change drastically if people actually started RPing their group and then growing into a faction instead of waiting for faction to be approved before starting their characters.
So yes, instead of complaining IFM didn't let you be creative, I say start whatever you planned and if it works even after a month or two? Apply for a faction with something concrete to show and I'm sure IFM will be more inclined to accept.

10 minutes ago, DjoleK said:

I will chime in with a response that will probably be buried but anyways...
I see people complain way too often that their faction idea got denied by IFM without them even RPing prior to that.
I believe things would change drastically if people actually started RPing their group and then growing into a faction instead of waiting for faction to be approved before starting their characters.
So yes, instead of complaining IFM didn't let you be creative, I say start whatever you planned and if it works even after a month or two? Apply for a faction with something concrete to show and I'm sure IFM will be more inclined to accept.

That doesn't make much sense to me that you should be required to roleplay for a certain time within a specific group of people before you can submit for a faction, that wouldn't last so long. With the argument that you are saying that people should roleplay for a month before submitting, I'm sure it does not affect at all, and I have seen it with my own eyes. People start to roleplay their groups for weeks before getting a denial so I don't think that's the point of the discussion. And I'm sure people have posted 'something concrete' to show and still had a denial over 'server contiunity' whatever that now means.

Edited by ingenv
  • Upvote 1

I understand the server and staff are promoting a realistic setting, though at the cost of creative freedom. I don't see the harm in letting people create a Yakuza or Albanian Mob, so long as their members are roleplaying realistically. For example it most likely wouldn't even be a Yakuza, it would just be a crime syndicate with a majority asian population, then through IC means it's up to them if they adopt any traditions. 

6 hours ago, Gryphboi said:

We need a religious cult faction ASAP.

There is the freemasons of San Andreas(not a cult btw)... Though it's not like they take any character that is created with the intent of only RPing there. You need history in the server, actually be someone influential in LS. That's as much as I know, the rest is completely IC.

Edited by Chuck Lee
28 minutes ago, emil said:

What about Ndrangheta? Haven't seen a single one even though it's one of the most powerful mafias in the world right now, if not the most powerful.

Seems like we're stuck in the past just like SAMP times back in the years, a couple of LCNs, several asian factions and the rest mexicans/black gangs.

If we're talking realism, then let's all be realistic, it's twenty twenty, let's move forward.

Probably because the Ndrangheta has a neglible presence in the United States and practically no presence at all in the west coast.

2 minutes ago, arkan said:

time to make ndrangheta 1% MC while repping XIV crip....

we got some good factions open right now, whys everyone gotta try and make their own?

To be straight and honest with you, the group that consists of friends may not want to play in another faction, and maybe they have their idea and want to play after that, there is nothing strange about that. Just because there are "good factions" does not mean that you should restrict other people's ideas and concepts

6 minutes ago, arkan said:

we got some good factions open right now, whys everyone gotta try and make their own?

There are 6 trucking companies already, why join another? Competition, they prefer their own leadership, multiple reasons.

6 minutes ago, arkan said:

Because not every one is a follower, some like to branch out and do something that other people aren't doing. To answer for myself, I'm not interested in the current state of the black gang RP due to my background. I don't wish to be a Sureno, possibly down the line but I've never had much interest in it. The others just don't spark any interest, maybe an MC but who knows.

• Bospy locked this topic