The problem with gang roleplayers in rich areas

VikoMKD

3 minutes ago, Ears Up said:

that doesnt change the fact that gang presence near/in the canals is a completely in character issue. gangs exist in all environments.

Vineland Boys 13 is a great example of this, as it's a Sureno faction in a fairly middle-classed area. They even host massive parties with tons of Valley Girls etc... like rich white boys.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Vineland Boys 13 is a great example of this, as it's a Sureno faction in a fairly middle-classed area. They even host massive parties with tons of Valley Girls etc... like rich white boys.

No doubt. There's hundreds of gangs in middle class areas in real life. You've got about 15-20 Hispanic/Asian gangs in Koreatown (A popular tourist place in LA, I might add). There's an 18th street offshoot on the street directly north of the walk of fame in Hollywood aswell, along with the MS-13 and other Sureno/Crip/Blood gang  presence in both North and East Hollywood aswell.

Edited by Ears Up

No offense man but if someone's robbing you every time you leave your house in a gang area they're most likely trying to terrorize your character. Consider moving IC. IMO the crime rate is also an IC issue, while some may say it's unrealistic, imo it's fine. This is a game afterall.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

I think the problem isn't whether or not there should be gangs there, but the crime rate. You know I am a dedicated roleplayer, but if someone bags me everytime I leave my house...I just say "Err no." and Alt+f4 the game.

It's an IC issue.

We have a city council that has an incredible amount of power, why the crime rate wasn't a main campaign issue is beyond me. You as a citizen now have elected officials who you can actively lobby, why not do that?

IC issue IC issue. Yes and no. But you know that already. Life of a gangster is in reality quite boring. They spend more time just hanging around and dealing with their daily struggles than hitting licks or doing drive-bys. But of course that part of life is boring enough to be left out from roleplay, which is why we have daily shootouts and multiple robberies on the same street per day. You may argue that it does happen in real life too, yes it does.

But in a city with millions of people. We have roughly what 600? People only seem to focus on the action part of criminal life. 

Maybe they come from outside the area as well? You living in a house that someone sees five pricey cars outside of, or just living in the area alone, makes you a target. Just because you don't live in the area doesn't mean you can't waltz down into it and commit crimes. Just play smarter with it, really. Get a CCW, call 911 if you don't feel safe or something's off, make RP out of the situation. 

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, Engelbert said:

I think the problem isn't whether or not there should be gangs there, but the crime rate. You know I am a dedicated roleplayer, but if someone bags me everytime I leave my house...I just say "Err no." and Alt+f4 the game.

this man just admitted to ltapping STAFF

12 hours ago, Dustyboi said:

Maybe they come from outside the area as well? You living in a house that someone sees five pricey cars outside of, or just living in the area alone, makes you a target. Just because you don't live in the area doesn't mean you can't waltz down into it and commit crimes. Just play smarter with it, really. Get a CCW, call 911 if you don't feel safe or something's off, make RP out of the situation. 

Please, no more PF warrirors. 

However, it is very  much an IC issue, most wealthy people with million dollar cars have GARAGES for a reason, if you don't? That's on you for buying a expensive car instead of a nice house.

18 hours ago, Engelbert said:

IC issue IC issue. Yes and no. But you know that already. Life of a gangster is in reality quite boring. They spend more time just hanging around and dealing with their daily struggles than hitting licks or doing drive-bys. But of course that part of life is boring enough to be left out from roleplay, which is why we have daily shootouts and multiple robberies on the same street per day. You may argue that it does happen in real life too, yes it does.

But in a city with millions of people. We have roughly what 600? People only seem to focus on the action part of criminal life. 

Yes in reality the life of a gang member is probably rather boring, most just sit at home playing video games or whatever while they wait for someone to hit them up Tryna score drugs, along with the fact that this is a game, this also happens in real life because most gangs have permanent injunctions on them. Most gangs can't even be on the streets without cops fucking with them. IC there's literally 0 gangs with injunctions on them apart from tortilla flats, but I think that ended. Regardless, there is no IC injunctions on West Los gangs meaning they're free to do whatever. 

In real life there's a street gang known as Harpys 13, they're located literally adjecant to the USC campus in a middle class neighbourhood and were known for harassing the students, robbing, extorting nd terrorizing them, this happens in all gang neighbourhoods, the gang wants to show it's dominance so they harass people. The harassment only stopped when an injunction was enforced on the gang.

This is why I say that if anyone's harassed by a gang it's 100% an in character issue. Take it to the government and pressure them to enforce things on gangs instead of trying to make it an ooc issue.

Also you can't just act like us only having 600 players ig at a time is IC, those are server and playerbase limitations. In reality los Santos population would be in the millions.

Edited by Ears Up