The problem with gang roleplayers in rich areas

VikoMKD

The server in general has way too much crime. Like way too much.

It's too easy to get your hands on illegal guns ( especially SMGs ) , drugs, and the consequences for being caught ( IF you are caught, cause it's pretty easy to just run into a house and log out ) are usually far too mild.

Edited by arandomgamer

lmao can you guys take a second to acknowledge the fact that nobody in that faction owns one of the houses in the canals? like bidi said, you don’t have to live where you bang at. do you guys think every gang banger has a house inside of wherever their turf is? please read your response over because you’re contradicting yourself man.

Edited by the real trop
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Marksman said:

This is the opposite of gentrification.

This is gangbangers trying to operate in Vespucci Canals.

Venicecanals-fc01df20e4e343d59fa98a1539f9a9f7.jpg

image.jpg

Are you seriously telling me that these were, at some point, low-income housing? Or housing that bangers could afford? No.

There is quite a large difference between the entire area of Vespucci and specifically the Vespucci Canals. Similarily with Santa Monica and the Santa Monica canals. Yes, each of these locations house low-income areas and gangs. But that does not mean the entire area does. That's absurd, rediculous and making up so much shit I can't even fathom.

Like it or not there is documented gang activity around the  canal area dating back decades. You do not have to live somewhere to loiter around and conduct crimes on a daily basis. 

in terms of that vespucci gang hangin in the canals since i got experiences with them, tbh despite it being a little goofy to see gang members in the /middle/ of the canals, (i think the outskirts would be better or more legit, which from what i see they do hang out more toward the outskirts than they do smack dab in the middle), i havent personally had any problems. my current character (tyler holbrook the sk8r retard) is some rich kid living off his parents money in an apartment there and all the encounters with the gang've been good, whether funny or chill. they weren't provoking me or trying to fight, 1 of em was joking around with me and i joked back & another one basically became my weed connect & was bein chill asf. others have been cordial asf cause i'll just nod and say whats up when im around to make it obvious i dont have an issue with em and they do the same.

in a lot of cases, it's all about how /YOU/ interact with them thats getting you fucked up. its not hard to be passive/respectful. quit acting hard and swallow the pride, the issues dont just stem from gang rpers its on both sides

this shit what some of yall need 😂😂😂 BIG time.

someone please lock this thread LMAO its goin absolutely nowhere

• Upvote 1
Just now, ????????? said:

in a lot of cases, it's all about how /YOU/ interact with them thats getting you fucked up. its not hard to be passive/respectful. quit acting hard and swallow the pride, the issues dont just stem from gang rpers its on both sides

I mean the same can be said about rich characters RPing in poor areas. Rich characters buy places in poor areas so they can afford their fancy cars and an okayish house. It's ridiculous when I'm patrolling through the ghetto and I see more fancy cars and people in suits than I do gang members. But when I patrol in vespucci, it still gives that vibe "yea I could see how criminals would be here." It makes sense and trying to limit it via OOC rules would be ridiculous. This game is all about players being able to shape their own characters and their characters being able to shape how the the world is. 

Wealthy upscale commercial areas having territorial gangs is unlikely. While it’s not unheard of having territorial gangs in rich residential areas they typically aren’t your 90’s style bangers. That said Vespucci definitely has mid to low income areas.