The problem with gang roleplayers in rich areas

VikoMKD

26 minutes ago, Marksman said:

lol ok bro. So if a bunch of rich white guys moved into Jamestown and started parking their quarter million dollar cars there, it would suddenly be a high end neighbourhood? Despite the property value being low and the area being trashed?

I mean you ever heard of Gentrification?

2 minutes ago, MCB666 said:

@Marksman I'm not gonna say all of Vespucci is a "gang neighborhood" but it does have a very LARGE PORTION of it INFESTED by 2 Major GANGS. So technically it is a gang neighborhood and it isn't at the same time because of how much area the gangs cover in Vespucci.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I have no issue with the lower end areas of vespucci being occupied by bangers. My issue stems from these bangers then acting like the whole neighbourhood is theirs to run free in. You know, robbing people in sight of main roads, that kind of thing.

3 minutes ago, MCB666 said:

@Marksman I'm not gonna say all of Vespucci is a "gang neighborhood" but it does have a very LARGE PORTION of it INFESTED by 2 Major GANGS (Woods included but they aren't turf based so.). So technically it is a gang neighborhood and it isn't at the same time because of how much area the gangs cover in Vespucci.

3 actually, one of which doesnt claim turf, but there's 3.

CCB, CWB, ABZ

Just now, Marksman said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I have no issue with the lower end areas of vespucci being occupied by bangers. My issue stems from these bangers then acting like the whole neighbourhood is theirs to run free in. You know, robbing people in sight of main roads, that kind of thing.

Then report them for poor character portrayal. How do you expect the issue to be fixed if you just complain about it on this thread? Gather evidence and report them just don't spam away on your keyboard because it won't fix anything.

If you do not wish to be hurt by gangs you should RP fear. It seems to me much of what happens to people at the Beach is a result of such. You also have to keep in mind that for the sake of RP Vespucci Beach is influenced heavily by Long Beach and Culver City. These areas, along with Venice, aren't exclusively, and in fact have large communities of people that are adversely affected by the gentrification of these communities. I think that RP could improve on both sides. Generally, if you don't want to start a fight with a gang, then you should roleplay fear around them. 

1 minute ago, Ears Up said:

3 actually, one of which doesnt claim turf, but there's 3.

CCB, CWB, ABZ

And its concentrated into a few blocks, none in the pier iirc, as someone had mentioned about irl santa Monica not having a high crime rate, trying to group venice with santa Monica, while sharing the same beach front, isnt the same area nor demographic. Gang activity in proximity to boujee areas still spills into rich areas. To me, this sounds like mall rats getting hard with gang members and not rping fear and losing when they pull PF guns. Simplest solution, when dealing with actual fucking gangs, dont act like a john which hero, which seems to be an issue with mallrats anyways. 

1 minute ago, Ted said:

If you do not wish to be hurt by gangs you should RP fear. It seems to me much of what happens to people at the Beach is a result of such. You also have to keep in mind that for the sake of RP Vespucci Beach is influenced heavily by Long Beach and Culver City. These areas, along with Venice, aren't exclusively, and in fact have large communities of people that are adversely affected by the gentrification of these communities. I think that RP could improve on both sides. Generally, if you don't want to start a fight with a gang, then you should roleplay fear around them. 

That's just it, people rp 0 fear around gang members just cause they have a PF/CCW.

I personally think im one of the only people who doesnt get bothered by gangs when im in vespucci, must be because my char carries himself respectfully or something.

1 minute ago, smoke_ said:

And its concentrated into a few blocks, none in the pier iirc, as someone had mentioned about irl santa Monica not having a high crime rate, trying to group venice with santa Monica, while sharing the same beach front, isnt the same area nor demographic. Gang activity in proximity to boujee areas still spills into rich areas. To me, this sounds like mall rats getting hard with gang members and not rping fear and losing when they pull PF guns. Simplest solution, when dealing with actual fucking gangs, dont act like a john which hero, which seems to be an issue with mallrats anyways. 

Both Venice & Santa Monica are packed with gangs though bro.

• Upvote 1