The problem with gang roleplayers in rich areas

VikoMKD

12 minutes ago, DLimit said:

C.C.W. licenses should always be a last resort. Civilians shouldn't think "Don't worry, I can use this gun to protect my self after talking shit". Instead, they should think "Damn, I gotta de-escalate this. I don't want to have to use this gun".  Civilians shouldn't justify having a gun to be intimidating or egotistical in front of a gang banger, as the Law instructs them to use it as a last resort against extremely hostile or lethal situations. Before using the firearm? De-escalate the incident... attempt to evade it, through any means.

That's a huge issue here. Majority of people on this server don't think this way. They feel like they can be John Wick because they have a CCW. I wish more people were reported for this as its an issue that has gotten out of control as of late. Oh something not going my way? Oh this is a robbery? I'll just pull a gun and shoot before anyone has a chance to react. Entirely different issue, but it does contribute to this specific problem in the discussion.

4 minutes ago, Cellestine said:

That's a huge issue here. Majority of people on this server don't think this way. They feel like they can be John Wick because they have a CCW. I wish more people were reported for this as its an issue that has gotten out of control as of late. Oh something not going my way? Oh this is a robbery? I'll just pull a gun and shoot before anyone has a chance to react. Entirely different issue, but it does contribute to this specific problem in the discussion.

My char always carries a gun, but do you wanna know how many bullets I've used in the past two months, ZERO because I keep the gun for last resort as mentioned, I probably got more ammo and guns stolen from me than I've ever used. I agree that there are some Legal roleplayers with CCW that act like John Wick and think they can do anything with the gun, but also the Illegal roleplayers do the same, they use the gun more than they speak. So in the end we have a problem with both Legal and Illegal roleplayers and those player hopefully will reconsider the way they are using the guns.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
13 minutes ago, VikoMKD said:

My char always carries a gun, but do you wanna know how many bullets I've used in the past two months, ZERO because I keep the gun for last resort as mentioned, I probably got more ammo and guns stolen from me than I've ever used. I agree that there are some Legal roleplayers with CCW that act like John Wick and think they can do anything with the gun, but also the Illegal roleplayers do the same, they use the gun more than they speak. So in the end we have a problem with both Legal and Illegal roleplayers and those player hopefully will reconsider the way they are using the guns.

Oh yeah no doubt. It's definitely an issue on both sides. The only way to remedy these players is through reporting/instruction. I've seen plenty of situations where people didn't want to file a report because it was too much trouble. This is also part of the problem. Management can't act on the issue if these people aren't getting reported (both legal and illegal players). The end result is these players continue with their poor portrayal and non-fear RP.

Edited by Cellestine
13 minutes ago, Mobz said:

Okay I'm assuming most of you guys dont live in America. America is gang infested from the burbs to the hoods. Also Vespucci is suppose to portray Long Beach City so you lost me here with this topic.

Santa Monica/Venice but close enough...

rPfTURD.png

Venice beach is packed with gangs bro, from the crips to the skinheads. It's generally considered a gang neighborhood, houses in LA are overpriced in general, that's why people in Compton struggle with paying their morgage and/or rent since it's a problem. Just because the property value is high doesnt mean it's crime free, every gang has its own special folks tho that wanna act likr they own the whole beach and imo that's just poor portrayal.

Take my faction as an example; Seaside ABZ. We never test any people that look like civillians simply because we know they're not gang affiliated and are no threat to us. We don't go around claiming everything is ours because it isn't, we own a small part of Vespucci and that's not the beach at all. Even if people are in our area, we'd just ask them where they're from and if attitude is a problem then that's an IC issue.

Gangs aren't unrealistic, it's just poor portrayal. You don't own the beach bur you say you do just to come off as more dominant which should be the case. In no way should you go around testing every civillian just to show dominance as that gets you a gang injunction. ABZ for best faction 2020.

• Applaud 1
1 hour ago, ysl said:

Venice beach is packed with gangs bro, from the crips to the skinheads. It's generally considered a gang neighborhood, houses in LA are overpriced in general, that's why people in Compton struggle with paying their morgage and/or rent since it's a problem. Just because the property value is high doesnt mean it's crime free, every gang has its own special folks tho that wanna act likr they own the whole beach and imo that's just poor portrayal.

Take my faction as an example; Seaside ABZ. We never test any people that look like civillians simply because we know they're not gang affiliated and are no threat to us. We don't go around claiming everything is ours because it isn't, we own a small part of Vespucci and that's not the beach at all. Even if people are in our area, we'd just ask them where they're from and if attitude is a problem then that's an IC issue.

Gangs aren't unrealistic, it's just poor portrayal. You don't own the beach bur you say you do just to come off as more dominant which should be the case. In no way should you go around testing every civillian just to show dominance as that gets you a gang injunction. ABZ for best faction 2020.

Dis.

It's a gentrified area, there are still holdouts. Much like a lot of areas of my city, the northend is/was gentrified by hipsters. There are still gangs and criminals active in the neighborhoods. Holdouts and the like, fuck. Venice beach irl still has active gangs, and not only, it's been a tourist spot in the 80s and 90s. Tourists spots are still active hotspots for criminal activity. I mean, what better way to sell dope, you got a shit load of people congregating in one area, your bound to sell some grass or coke to tourists, especially when they dont have a local hook up. Even easier to catch an unexpected fanny packer and jack them up, happens here all the time, in a tourist centric city. Sounds more like people whining because they got caught lackin.

Hell a simple google search of venice gangs will show you that gang activity is still present in venice. Shoreline crips, etc etc. Whiteboys who dont claim territory, they are still active regardless if it's a "tourist hot spot". To say that criminals and gangs don't operate in a tourist destination is delusional, even in broad daylight. Yeah, it may be a dumb move to jack someone up or blast on someone in broad daylight in a populated area, but let's face it  it happens. Is it smart. No. But it happens.