The problem with gang roleplayers in rich areas

VikoMKD

What I've seen from Vespucci is not gang roleplay at all. It's a bunch of 16yo who doesn't have a glimpse of reality DMing each other and involving others on that activity. I've RPed there for 3 months and what I've seen was: Deathmatch, poor reason to kill, lack of knowledge on how a drug deal is performed, bad roleplay approaches as a criminal. I once was stopped by a guy from a faction which I'm not going to mention that said "You look mafioso to me" just because of the surname. The problem is deeper than just violence, the problem is POOR PORTRAYAL of the character. I've been in Vespucci back in 2019 and it wasn't like that, some heavy roleplayers used to be there, now there are just DM factions and that's the cold truth.

Edited by joaoivis
18 minutes ago, VikoMKD said:

Many of the illegal roleplayers that commented here got me wrong, I DO NOT want to remove the gangs from Vespucci or anywhere in Los Santos, I just want them to reconsider the way they roleplay because robbing me with a gun as soon as I park at my house just because I live there and drive a sports car isn't good enough reason. I've had some problems with the gangs around for basically nothing, I haven't even spoken to them let alone provoking them, because I roleplay fear of the gangs and don't want to have any problems with them. But my char is a legal PF and CCW holder and I carry a gun at all times, and I expect the kids who only have knuckle dusters on them to roleplay fear when I point the gun at them and not just charge me with the knuckle duster and start a fist fight. The thing is that most of the illegal roleplayers i've encountered around Vespucci act like they are made out of steel or wearing heavy body armor at all times, one time I shot a guy few times in the back and he kept running after trying to rob me in front of my house. So again I DO NOT want to remove any gang from anywhere I just want a realistic portrayal where they mind their own business and I mind my own, if I don't even make eye contact with them why would they come and try to rob/kill me in a populated area. I don't know how others got into problems with the gang but me and most of my friends/tenants that got into problems were just living there and minding their own business.

I don't think you guys get it... Complaining on the forums isn't gonna do jackshit. Instead of giving unnamed examples, you should be directing these complaints/concerns to faction leaders or simply report those who can't roleplay. You're not gonna achieve anything by not taking action.

• Upvote 1

Make vespucci safe again!!!

I hope joshua shephard or tanya sun adress the issue icly once elected. For example, I'd give lifeguards more power over the area, let them carry weapons and make them work as some sort of civil patrol, helping police. Roleplay installing CCTV cameras, that will be used when crime happens.

Other thing I would do icly, if I was the district representarive would be to get into an agreement with a less violent illegal organization (mob style not gang) so they would remove the criminal gangs, letting them run their illegal business in the area without affecting the local civilian population

The problem is that when someone is arrested they go out from jail after some days and do everything over again. I would take the issue icly, but once all those guys get arrested, shut down the faction oocly. Vespucci should be an area for civilian RP

A gang should protect the neighborhood, not go against it. Sell drugs and guns, run legal businesses in the area as a cover, integrate with the community. I think K town should be a role model here, a community of legal and illegal RP.

In other words, I'd remove those gangs, but in an ic way, either with police or with other less violent mobs

Edited by Angela
  • Applaud 1
5 minutes ago, xdthe said:

I don't think you guys get it... Complaining on the forums isn't gonna do jackshit. Instead of giving unnamed examples, you should be directing these complaints/concerns to faction leaders or simply report those who can't roleplay. You're not gonna achieve anything by not taking action.

So I don't care about this thread either way. But you just brought a point that is the basis of the whole argument. Nobody here is wrong in their own eyes. Gangbangers think they can move into neighborhoods on new characters and project history of "been down here since the 80's. You moved into us." when that's 100% not the case at all, and the people who live down in these neighborhoods project an air of probably too much confidence and try to take on a bunch of name changes that already have guns because of a flawed name change system we have. Both wrong. Yes.

However, everyone gets bent out of shape and comes in like "wElL ThIs iS An iC IsSuE AnD YoU NeEd tO HaNdLe iT In cHaRaCtEr oR RePoRt iNsTeAd oF MaKe tHrEaDs". 

So instead of doing that, consider it a courtesy call, faction leaders, gang roleplayers, etc. People find some behavior unacceptable, and instead of sitting in this thread just vehemently defending your character's existence in the area, reach out and find out what's unacceptable that is going on. Get specifics. If I had a faction that had pissed everyone off OOC, I'd wanna know why. Because what you're asking for is for people to start faction reporting you for every little indiscretion and you don't really want that. It's a waste of IFM's time and a waste of yours. So what you should do, is figure it out amongst yourselves. It's a novel concept, I know. But the thing that everyone seems to miss - gang members and locals generally speaking, don't clash. Because they all live in the same area, and it's not smart to shit where you eat. If there is a single thing that the gangs in Vespucci, or really anywhere should realize it's that.

But everyone is out to be mega power. Gangs? Insert region here belongs to us and so does everything in it. Not true. Residents There would be no gangs in my high priced living area. Probably more true than the previous statement, but still not completely true. It's all about balance. Figure that out.

• Applaud 1
6 minutes ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

So I don't care about this thread either way. But you just brought a point that is the basis of the whole argument. Nobody here is wrong in their own eyes. Gangbangers think they can move into neighborhoods on new characters and project history of "been down here since the 80's. You moved into us." when that's 100% not the case at all, and the people who live down in these neighborhoods project an air of probably too much confidence and try to take on a bunch of name changes that already have guns because of a flawed name change system we have. Both wrong. Yes.

However, everyone gets bent out of shape and comes in like "wElL ThIs iS An iC IsSuE AnD YoU NeEd tO HaNdLe iT In cHaRaCtEr oR RePoRt iNsTeAd oF MaKe tHrEaDs". 

So instead of doing that, consider it a courtesy call, faction leaders, gang roleplayers, etc. People find some behavior unacceptable, and instead of sitting in this thread just vehemently defending your character's existence in the area, reach out and find out what's unacceptable that is going on. Get specifics. If I had a faction that had pissed everyone off OOC, I'd wanna know why. Because what you're asking for is for people to start faction reporting you for every little indiscretion and you don't really want that. It's a waste of IFM's time and a waste of yours. So what you should do, is figure it out amongst yourselves. It's a novel concept, I know. But the thing that everyone seems to miss - gang members and locals generally speaking, don't clash. Because they all live in the same area, and it's not smart to shit where you eat. If there is a single thing that the gangs in Vespucci, or really anywhere should realize it's that.

But everyone is out to be mega power. Gangs? Insert region here belongs to us and so does everything in it. Not true. Residents There would be no gangs in my high priced living area. Probably more true than the previous statement, but still not completely true. It's all about balance. Figure that out.

Fair enough, can respect and understand your POV.

• Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, xdthe said:

So what you are saying  that is we need to make faction reports for every case when we get DMed or non realistically robbed by the gang members? If we start doing that IFM is going to be drowned in reports, I opened this discussion to see if we can solve the problem as a community, but no you all came here with your "Mallrats acting like superman and provoking gang members" when I said that none of that was the case for any of the attacks that I've withnessed or been part of. So as you say we are Mallrats, and what do we do about the wannabe gangsters who came into the server, bought guns with the starter money and act like it's a cops vs robbers server and anyone that gets inbetween them has to be shot down. The main reason of this discussion was to discuss and find a solution as a community, not argue who is wrong and who is right, it's as simple as this, We don't get into the business the gang members have and don't provoke them and they leave the locals alone in peace.

1 minute ago, VikoMKD said:

So what you are saying  that is we need to make faction reports for every case when we get DMed or non realistically robbed by the gang members? If we start doing that IFM is going to be drowned in reports, I opened this discussion to see if we can solve the problem as a community, but no you all came here with your "Mallrats acting like superman and provoking gang members" when I said that none of that was the case for any of the attacks that I've withnessed or been part of. So as you say we are Mallrats, and what do we do about the wannabe gangsters who came into the server, bought guns with the starter money and act like it's a cops vs robbers server and anyone that gets inbetween them has to be shot down. The main reason of this discussion was to discuss and find a solution as a community, not argue who is wrong and who is right, it's as simple as this, We don't get into the business the gang members have and don't provoke them and they leave the locals alone in peace.

No not neccesarily. I never said you had to submit reports to IFM? I understand where you're coming from but at the same time, gang leaders don't know who the bad apples are that you refer to. It would be helpful if you told them in PMs etc. I am more then happy to provide you with contact information. I never stated you were a mallrat either? 

Edited by xdthe

I would say that this kind of problem is based on IC and OOC things so we can't put it under one "topic".

When it comes to IC:

There are detectives, gang units, police officers and etcetera that can help you out to solve all the problems. If you have a problem with some kind of gang activity in your area - you can contact the boys and they will do the job for you. When it comes to server part... We even have panic buttons, alarm systems and safes in the server itself. What else do you need to protect your business or your house? When it comes to car jacking - there are plenty of security systems too (I believe that you can even turn off the engine of your stolen car with anti-theft system (correct me if I am wrong)). If you would have this kind of problem IRL you would try to solve this while trying to find solutions. And we have plenty of those.

When it comes to DM/MG/PG and other problems... 

We always have admins IG who can help you out to solve these problems ether. Don't hesitate to write a /report or post everything on the forum.

Problem solved.

Thanks for such a long discussion:

25 minutes ago, VikoMKD said:

The main reason of this discussion was to discuss and find a solution as a community, not argue who is wrong and who is right, it's as simple as this, We don't get into the business the gang members have and don't provoke them and they leave the locals alone in peace.

Then talk to the gang leaders! They have a vested interest in keeping their area "clean" in terms of roleplay. If there really are bad people burning their name they'd want to know, even if they're not affiliated. I see this in other hoods too, you get really dumb and troll characters about but people just work together to do their best to push them out and get them dealt with. That's literally a community working together to preserve something. Just because someone falls outside of your contact circle IC and OOC doesn't mean they're against you, or that you have to be against them. We're all players here, all trying to play this game and have fun. And if a gang leader tells you to go fuck yourself, then you know enough and you honestly should report that. It's literally common courtesy to help each other, not just jump straight to reports either. And if reporting isn't your thing, that's fine! But then don't come out and complain expecting results when you're coming out of nowhere. People may not have seen what you have seen, and people can't do jack shit about stuff they don't know about. And keep IC and OOC stuff separated, and clean your own house before you start worrying about other people's houses.