The problem with gang roleplayers in rich areas

VikoMKD

For this particular case I'm talking about the whole Vespucci area, I have a house in Vespucci that I'm renting out and ICly and OOCly I got notified that the tenants get constantly attacked by the mexican gang roleplaying around that Area, I've also had this problem while living there and tried to take care of it ICly but the police didnt't seem to care about it. I don't think it's realistic for gangs to live in such an expensive area and be killing/robbing people in the middle of the day. Because if we are talking realism here the IRL Vespucci Beach(Venice Beach) which is considered the most expensive neighbourhood in LA and houses cost upwards of million dollars would be constantly full with people all around and you wouldn't get away with robbery or murder in the middle of the day. I've had many cases where they knew I or my friend are online and just camping around our houses and as soon as we get out we get pistol pointed in our face. Also there were few cases when my tenants got stabbed for no reason and because of those people who roleplay like that Vespucci isn't considered to be a really safe are as it should be .I'd like to hear the opinion of other players what they think about this and hopefully resolve the issue.

• Upvote 3

thats what happens when you get people that think one of the biggest tourist areas in LA is now the 90s again and time for American History X and a Venice/Vespucci rendition of Mi Vida Loca. The skatepark is a prime example. Everyone's screaming about how irl this irl that but IRL that skatepark is always packed with skaters both local and professional yet "ey foo whatchu doin around here" or "AY YOU AINT WHITE FUCK OFF" lmao, vespucci's always housed some of the worst gang/criminal rpers IMO

Edited by ?????????
  • Upvote 7
  • Applaud 1
1 minute ago, ????????? said:

thats what happens when you get people that think one of the biggest tourist areas in LA is now the 90s again and time for American History X and a Venice/Vespucci rendition of Mi Vida Loca. The skatepark is a prime example. Everyone's screaming about how irl this irl that but IRL that skatepark is always packed with skaters both local and professional yet "ey foo whatchu doin around here" or "AY YOU AINT WHITE FUCK OFF" lmao, vespucci's always housed some of the worst gang/criminal rpers IMO

Pretty much this. From what I have seen, most of the criminal roleplayers are stuck in the 90s or something and resolve to such tactics whilst they forget it's 2020. The age of cellphone surveillance where one wrong move at the wrong time can end up bringing down heaps of trouble.

• Upvote 1

To be honest, my worst experiences roleplaying is with the gangs in Vespucci, they think they are unstoppable and many of them RP underage char which are not afraid of death and roleplay 0 fear, I've pointed a gun at a player who was roleplaying a 16 y/o and trying to take my friends car, the guy just ran in circles and started to punch us which is not realistic at all. I think there should be more regulations ICly and OOCly because trying to murder/rob someone in such a packed area is pure sh*t RP.Also there would probably be cameras in every corner since we are 2020 and not stuck in the past as mentioned above.

Edited by VikoMKD
  • Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, ????????? said:

This. It ain't the 90s anymore, these areas are packed with tourists 24/7 and the real estate around there is way too expensive for a mere ex-con white trash drug dealer to be renting (and let alone owning) property around the area. People really gotta step away from their 90s fantasy about gangs.

5 minutes ago, VikoMKD said:

To be honest, my worst experiences roleplaying is with the gangs in Vespucci, they think they are unstoppable and many of them RP underage char which are not afraid of death and roleplay 0 fear, I've pointed a gun at a player who was roleplaying a 16 y/o and trying to take my friends car, the guy just ran in circles and started to punch us which is not realistic at all. I think there should be more regulations ICly and OOCly because trying to murder/rob someone in such a packed area is pure sh*t RP.Also there would probably be cameras in every corner since we are 2020 and not stuck in the past as mentioned above.

Welcome to gang rp in 2020. If you do anything that would IRL warrant them to fuck off and not test you, they do the opposite and try to kill you, then blame you and scream play to win, like you have to comply like a robot and skip any form of actual roleplay when they roleplay with you/try and rob you. YET, if you kill them, you're a faggot clown and a shit roleplayer. Literally 9 times out of 10. That and you get called mallrat, pf banger etc. In 2 years I've had 1 encounter with someone from a Vespucci gang that was actually chill and RPed rather than provoking to start a fight for 0 reason. I feel bad for the people that actually roleplay this shit well cause there's plenty of great gang rpers on the server but they all get a bad name cause of the shitters.

Edited by ?????????

Vespucci isn't a rich area, it's not an ooc problem, it's an IC problem. Stop acting like Vespucci Beach is Beverly Hills, please. It's  a westside los santos neighborhood that much like parts of South Central, has various gangs within it. The same goes for Little Seoul, which also isn'tbeverly hills.

• Upvote 2