Prison (Deputies not required to be at prison to do the visitation roleplay)

Zayyy

17 hours ago, Jonesy said:

We're always hiring custody assistants to help fix that! https://lssd.gta.world/viewtopic.php?f=571&t=2317

I think you are not getting what Nervous wanted to say. SD main purpose was to promote the prison roleplay.

"custody assistants" So, you are saying if we want to promote prison RP.. we should apply there? Correct me if i'm wrong but I think 'custody assistant' is more like a rank in the faction where you have to be roleplaying in prison? Right, I don't see if people are really interested for that in SD or else the prison won't be really dying.

Apologies but if the other SD members cannot do that and they want to patrol in the city like PD? They should join PD instead of making SD name look bad.

But.. anyway.. The main goal is to promote prison roleplay? If SD is not able to do that and instead of adverting the 'custody assistant' it's better of by deleting SD and just make a faction for prison guards.

Edited by Zayyy
27 minutes ago, Zayyy said:

I think you are not getting what Nervous wanted to say. SD main purpose was to promote the prison roleplay.

"custody assistants" So, you are saying if we want to promote prison RP.. we should apply there? Correct me if i'm wrong but I think 'custody assistant' is more like a rank in the faction where you have to be roleplaying in prison? Right, I don't see if people are really interested for that in SD or else the prison won't be really dying.

Apologies but if the other SD members cannot do that and they want to patrol in the city like PD? They should join PD instead of making SD name look bad.

But.. anyway.. The main goal is to promote prison roleplay? If SD is not able to do that and instead of adverting the 'custody assistant' it's better of by deleting SD and just make a faction for prison guards.

Let me touch on that very clearly.

The LSSD has made a lot of efforts to promote roleplay inside the jail and outside. We have set up Inmate Advisory Council and this got promoted on our forums and on our discord where inmates can freely join and get in the discussion. People were promoted three times to submit votes, but no one submitted them.

7895aa7f57ab9ef4aa813d4a2ee62e47.png

We have set up guides, information and requests for inmates where they can properly educate themselves on certain subjects.

f8e57d3d1cc0e1b16a4b1a26f2ff3ff3.png

We originally started with a jail that was small and where not a lot of roleplay could be done by the inmates. We have since mapped an entire new layout where multiple facilities are able to be used: Chapels, library, laundry, common areas, canteens, all was added for inmates to have more roleplay. 

We have made script suggestions dating back months where we suggested barbers so people can change their hair/beard overtime, we have suggested a tattoo shop so people could roleplay getting tatted in jail and get those visibly, we have suggested a payphone script so people can call others, we have suggested that upon being released, you would be released outside of the jail so you can roleplay being picked up by relatives. We have made a suggestion so that items upon being jailed are stored somewhere else so you can properly roleplay bought and received items.

This was posted in our boards with LFM and development where all the suggestions go to from the LSSD side. Mind you that there are other replies where we request the tattoo script and the ability to remove items upon jailing.

46bebede560bc3d8f96ecf97c0bed704.png

Those scripts suggestions were all sent to development but have not been implemented, we suggested it but it's out of our hands. We can't script that.

We have made jail duty a requirement each month for deputies. If they do not have a certain amount of hours in the jail, they are being punished. We have made Custody Assistants available for everyone who is interested in doing jail roleplay, but this does not mean that our other deputies aren't supposed to go there.

We have set up parole and probation for more roleplay for individuals that want to be involved in that roleplay.

Work Details have been done and we promote that to inmates to participate in, however, lots of times we have people not interested. Mind you that after the announcement, no one came in-game for this for the following hour. Out of the 8 inmates in-game who were approached, only 1 person was interested and we did it with them.

96082f2e472a9aae66582527da2e3cb3.png

If there are 4 inmates online, we have to cover the jail, this is actively being looked at by supervisors, command and executive staff. We can not staff the jail 24/7 since we do not have deputies online all the time or on duty.

Last month (August) we had a total time of 501 hours of deputies spending in jail, this is based on mandatory jail duty logs that people need to file when they are on duty and for how long.

246d40186a8a921f59754507876ffae2.png

Let me ask you this; if we would disband the LSSD. Would you be interested to roleplay back in the Mission Row cells? Would you want to be locked up for murder charges in a station? There wouldn't be any of te the facilities that you can use right now. 

You claim that you can just make a faction for prisoner guards. This has been tried two times on this server and failed miserably. What people would be interested in roleplaying prison guards? If they are interested, they would've been in our faction and do custody work. Look at previous servers, there has never been a prison faction with a large number of faction members that are active 24/7 at the level of roleplay and immersion that we have on GTAW.

Do we at times fail to provide the roleplay we want to the inmates? Yes, we do. I'm not beating around the bush for that. It can be better and we are constantly evaluating on how we can do that. 

Edited by Tseard
added some sections
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
2 hours ago, Zayyy said:

I don't think you're getting what Nervous was saying, nor do I think you know what you're talking about. The Sheriff's Department has spent months mapping new jail interiors, talking to inmates, increasing our jail coverage, and ensuring we do everything we can on our end to retain jail activity. The Sheriff's Department is statistically, hourly, active at least 80-90% of the day inside of the jail if you check the /onduty list.

Edited by Bospy
1 hour ago, Bospy said:

I don't think you're getting what Nervous was saying, nor do I think you know what you're talking about. The Sheriff's Department has spent months mapping new jail interiors, talking to inmates, increasing our jail coverage, and ensuring we do everything we can on our end to retain jail activity. The Sheriff's Department is statistically, hourly, active at least 80-90% of the day inside of the jail if you check the /onduty list.

Sure, I believe you.

Went through the official SD thread? Couldn't find 'showcasing' of prison roleplay at all. Maybe I was blind? I did double-checked the eight last pages but still, couldn't find anything where I could say 'Yeah, prison is not actually dead.''

Edit : Another thing I missed. SD main duty is to patrol around the county side and keep it safe. Most of the time I see them in the city, why is that?

You might reply with. "Because there is not much to do in the county" Well.. for that.. Why are you even rp'ing in SD if you not interested to patrol in the sandy shores? The traffic is not much there as compared to the city but still. We have PD to patrol in the city for that. If someone is really 'interested' to patrol in the city? Please join PD.

Edited by Zayyy
8 minutes ago, Zayyy said:

Sure, I believe you.

Went through the official SD thread? Couldn't find 'showcasing' of prison roleplay at all. Maybe I was blind? I did double-checked the eight last pages but still, couldn't find anything where I could say 'Yeah, prison is not actually dead.''

Edit : Another thing I missed. SD main duty is to patrol around the county side and keep it safe. Most of the time I see them in the city, why is that?

You might reply with. "Because there is not much to do in the county" Well.. for that.. Why are you even rp'ing in SD if you not interested to patrol in the sandy shores? The traffic is not much there as compared to the city but still. We have PD to patrol in the city for that. If someone is really 'interested' to patrol in the city? Please join PD.

Can confirm. My main spent a few days in prison.
I saw exactly three Deputies, and those only hours after someone had called to visit me, or out of boredom.
Prison is dead.

• Applaud 1

So after a long post explaining the attempts to fix and improve roleplay in the jail (continually calling it the prison shows you haven't actually done your research) you just chose to say I don't believe you. 

The point of my post was to say feel free to join as we are still building the faction and we can always use more people to fill these positions and ensure jail coverage. Be the change you want to see, your complaining without offering viable solutions isn't really fixing anything. 

The jail needs improvement from an activity, scripting, and roleplay quality level. We can all agree on that. We are not going to force deputies to do visitation sessions, thats just not going to happen. Instead we are going go look at a way to streamline them such as encouraging a phone script. Deputies will continue to be mandated to do a monthly jail time quota or else face suspension and/or removal and as the faction grows we will continue to improve the jail in the ways that were mentioned above in my post as well as from others in previous posts.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
  • Jonesy locked this topic