[LSDEM] Official response to DEM's campaign discredit

Scarlatti

1 minute ago, MrValencia said:

Username: George Valencia

Comment: Although I represent the Democratic party, I’m a candidate that aims to represent the people of Los Santos first, whether they’re Democrat or Republican. With this stated, I’d like to introduce the idea of calming the tension between both parties before we create the same dividing chaos that is occurring on a national level.

We must remember that at the end of the day, our duty is to the people of Los Santos, and this drama will solve nothing, and will instead create further conflict between our parties, which will ultimately hurt not only our city’s progress, but also the people within it.

Miss Saleh, you seem quite the intelligent, and capable lawyer. Los Santos remains to be one of the grandest of cities in our nation because they are filled with incredible people like you. I truly hope that you and our party can remain on good terms.

With all that I’ve said, I will now extend my hand towards my Republican colleagues and ask that we instead maintain a healthy rivalry, and proceed with our dutiful responsibilities towards the people of our great city. After all, we’re both looking to create a more bright future for Los Santos, and even though our approaches are different, we still seek the same goal.

Username: msalehlaw

Comment: 

Thank you for your kind and heartfelt words, Mr. Valencia.

I'd like it to be known that I only have respect and regard for those brave enough to take up the mantle of running for office. While I am disappointed and frankly experiencing second-hand embarassment for Mr. Galloway's descent into uncalled for accusations of underhandedness, I hold none of you wonderful candidates nor any of the hard and dutiful workers like Ms. King or Ms Collins, liable for Mr. Galloway's unfortunate inadequecies.

Best regards and godspeed,

M. Saleh

Username: TheRaz

Couple of things. First, on behalf of Malikah Saleh. She is one of the finest legal councils available in the state of San Andreas. Calling her tactics underhanded when she offered her services to the Dems before the GOP, and being upset when she aids your opponent in their legal issues after you turned her away is simply petty. Trying to discredit her in any fashion after you turned her away not only tarnishes the very image of your party, but also your character as a person. In fact this could be taken so far as you choosing to slander someone's name and practice for doing their job in a way that inconvenienced you and your party. This woman has worked absolute magic for many people in the state of San Andreas. You chose to not put her on retainer. It's no fault of hers for being hired the people you're 'competing' against, and using the full extent of her ability for her client.

Secondly: You refer repeatedly to this entire campaign as a 'competition' casually. As if you're just competing for a prize. How can we trust our well being to your leadership if the election is naught but a prize to be won?  You haven't even been competing very well, letting the deputy reps do most of the work for the actual people trying to fill the seats. It seems to care more about winning against your rivals than you do about actually taking care of the people you're asking to vote for you.

But what do I know? I'm just a poorly educated county resident, according to Mr. Khan. I hope my post was literate enough for you.

Username: CRegas

Comment: I'm definitely not interested in politics like AT ALL, I don't even think I will vote, however I'm a hundred percent sure that these accusations against Malikah have no foundation, and let me tell you that you are risking yourselves by slandering her like that. Who would believe that an ULSA teacher, and one of the best public defenders in our office would do that. Makes no sense.

Username: Angela

Comment: The Dems should drop this hating campaign. They have no idea how to run anything and they start talking bullshit about other people. Now spreading fake rumours about Malikah Saleh?? She's nice and a great lawyer. It sucks that you have nothing better to do than to harass other people. The only decent democratic candidate is Valencia. He should have been republican... the rest of the party is just a nest of vipers.

Username: JonF

Comment: I've never really gotten into LS politics, but I can comfortably say that these accusations against Malikah doesn't make any sense, in my opinion. In my experience, Malikah has been such a kind and lovely lawyer to work with. And being a public defender to a personal case of mine, I'm forever grateful to her work. This is a person who truly cares about the people and her job. One of the best in town! 

Username: sexylexi3000

Comment: I don't understand the Democrat's disdain for Malikah Saleh. Not only is she one of the best lawyers in town, but she's also such a kind lady to everyone in the Los Santos community. Every interaction I have personally had with Malikah has been positive both in a legal sense and personal sense. Why are you hating her for doing her job in an unbiased, fair and and intelligent manner?

Edited by LexiLing
25 minutes ago, Sevataris said:

Username: JCDorn

Comment: Pretty sure Mr.Halford stated that it was his own belief, not that it represented the party's, he ended up with the line "This is the land of the free, after all." and stated that he had no interest whatsoever in restricting people's rights. In any case, he can't change the same sex mariage laws on a local level. 

User: Juno

Comment: That's true, but also true is that the issuance of marriage certificates, and, among other things, permits to officiate marriages, is typically governed locally. While local officials can't criminalize or restrict same-sex marriage, those officials can be crafty with their control over licensing, permits and certificates to achieve what they intend.

Username: DEMSquad

Comment: We are not throwing judgement or underestimating someone's capabilities. We're reporting real facts. We respect everyone's stance but you got to take your own responsibility. We have an organized party with a solid legal team formed by professionals and experienced people: every "legal" offer undergoes to this team and gets reviewed carefully.

However, I appreciate Republicans' attempt to move attention away from their LGBT's statement. 

Username: TheRaz

DEMsquad,

Can't help but notice that you're toeing the line against said cease and desist by throwing shade at the Republicans regarding the LGBT statement. And in the very same paragraph, throwing further shade at a legal professional whom quite a few people have stepped in to defend the integrity of on a professional level. You're a real shining example of Democratic integrity, friend.

• Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic