[LSDEM] Official response to DEM's campaign discredit

Scarlatti

logo2.png

OFFICIAL PARTY STATEMENT

[LSDEM] Official response to DEM's campaign discredit

The Democratic Party wishes to take this opportunity to respond to the Republic Party's press release entitled "LSGOP condemns slander campaign by LSDEMs."  That press release contains the serious accusations which, given their gravity, warrant a response. The Democratic Party's campaign slogans are aligned with the truth; they are not assumptions, or misinformation.  

Chairman Oswald Halford, during their public meeting, and in response to a question specifically about marriage asking what the definition of marriage is, stated that "[t]hroughout the country you'll find chapters of the Republican Party, their opinions on the matter will vary." He then added that he personally "[saw] the traditional union of marriage as [between] man and woman." These words were spoken in public.  They were not said in confidence, and so anyone was free to make references to that statement. The statement was also unambiguous. There's an implication that Mr. Halford would roll back the access to the institution of marriage and restrict it to the opposite-sex couples only in line with this belief. 

Read with due care, the comments in the advertisement and what they implied were fair. They were also constitutionally protected. First, while Mr. Halford did say he was speaking for himself, the question directed at him asked for the party's stance. Mr. Halford appeared to try to dodge the question by prefacing and personalizing his answer while knowing, perhaps uncomfortably, the Republican Party's terrible track record on the issue of LGBTQ inclusion, and not exclusive to LGBTQ, but also equal women's right, Planned Parenthood, Abortion Rights, and Pro Choice issues.
While claiming to speak only for himself, Mr. Halford happened to reveal what that track record shows: that Republicans, by and large, believe in rollbacking the advances we made in the institution of marriage. What Mr. Halford did there was classic dog-whistle politics. Second, please note, our advertisement will show that it was speaking about the "Republican Party." Not a subset, or branch of it.

Halford himself knows this. As Mr. Halford himself said, the Republican Party contains many chapters. For this reason, the cease-and-desist is baseless. Any proceedings based on it would not have withstood First-Amendment inspection in any event.
The Democratic Party, and truly, any fair person, regardless of political color believes in a just political competition and campaigning. We remain devoted to holding ourselves to a high standard, but also remain vigilant against public statements that, in their attempt to pander to a demographic, attack another. And if the attack was against cis couples and families, our stance would be the same. The Democratic Party represents everyone, not just a few, or some. We are surprised and outraged to learn that the LSGOP would resort to threats, standing on what our Legal team finds it to be flimsy legal positions and careless reading; and not even taking account their own statements. Politics can be risky and every word should be weighted accordingly, which is something we must all recognize.

We would like to add that we received an e-mail from Malikah Saleh, a lawyer for the Republican Party who also defended Alexander Orleans in his proceedings.  Ms. Saleh tendered a $20 000 "consultation fee" to our executive team in exchange for information about the LSGOP's intentions prior the release of their official announcement against the advertisement in question. We obviously declined an offer of this kind as we suspected it would be against the very fairness of competition and campaigning that we have stated before. 
While the LSGOP had not yet retained Ms. Saleh when she submitted that memorandum, our legal team suspects that her act was underhanded. The Democratic Party wants no part in that.

The Democratic Party is the first major party to embrace the much needed normalization for everyone's sexuality, identity. We thank you for that, for voicing this. Our diverse team is living proof to our commitment to the LGBTQ+ cause.
We're striving to empower you and give you a voice in government. Our target is not putting our interests over yours. We appreciate all the love we received from our party supporter and future voters: you are the ones who makes us proud.

Forward Together,
u7CM1IX.png

Edited by Scarlatti
  • Thanks 2
  • Applaud 1

Username: TeamGOPOfficial

Comment:

Mr. Halford was asked what the traditional conception of marriage has been until relatively recently historically. He answered that in the past that conception was between the binaristic man/woman dichotomy. At the current time Mr. Halford affirms all rights and privileges be equal between gay and straight Americans.

Any attempt to further twist his words feeds into the growing body of evidence that the Democrats are uninterested in arguing policy and therefore have to rely upon base and petty political theater and virtue signalling to gain votes.

This is extremely embarrassing and obvious to voters and really anyone with a basic level of reading comprehension. We advise elevating your political strategy and perhaps trusting voters enough to rely solely on your policy ideas rather than these theatrical accusations.

We are fully uninterested in participating in campaigns of mudslinging more fit to reality television than electoral politics and this will be our final comment on the matter.

• Upvote 2
Just now, NexusExodus said:

Username: TeamGOPOfficial

Comment:

Mr. Halford was asked what the traditional conception of marriage has been until relatively recently historically. He answered that in the past that conception was between the binaristic man/woman dichotomy. At the current time Mr. Halford affirms all rights and privileges be equal between gay and straight Americans.

Any attempt to further twist his words feeds into the growing body of evidence that the Democrats are uninterested in arguing policy and therefore have to rely upon base and petty political theater and virtue signalling to gain votes.

This is extremely embarrassing and obvious to voters and really anyone with a basic level of reading comprehension. We advise elevating your political strategy and perhaps trusting voters enough to rely solely on your policy ideas rather than these theatrical accusations.

We are fully uninterested in participating in campaigns of mudslinging more fit to reality television than electoral politics and this will be our final comment on the matter.

Username: Ink

Comment: damn sounds like you guys regret your own leadership already right? don't blame you considering the GOP has never looked worse in the USA

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Ink said:

Username: Ink

Comment: damn sounds like you guys regret your own leadership already right? don't blame you considering the GOP has never looked worse in the USA

Username: SovietPrussia.

Comment: Oh shit who'd have thought you'd be here spewing your shit out again? You vote for your Demo-rats and see how far it gets you cocksucker.

Username: DEMSquad
Comment: I do consider ridiculous the way Republicans try to hide their trash. Halford's sentence against LGBTQ+ has been transcripted word by word. At this point, just admit your fault, going any further is just digging your hole. How come your lawyer Saleh asked the Democratic Party for a 20.000$ "consultation fee" and once denied a cease&desist was forwarded? Republican party of Los Santos proves to be not ready for government, they don't even know what to do.

17 minutes ago, Scarlatti said:

Username: DEMSquad
Comment: I do consider ridiculous the way Republicans try to hide their trash. Halford's sentence against LGBTQ+ has been transcripted word by word. At this point, just admit your fault, going any further is just digging your hole. How come your lawyer Saleh asked the Democratic Party for a 20.000$ "consultation fee" and once denied a cease&desist was forwarded? Republican party of Los Santos proves to be not ready for government, they don't even know what to do.

Username: msalehlaw

Comment: First off, when I offered the Democratic Party of Los Santos my political consultation services at the standard rate of $20,000 dollars for the entire duration of the election cycle, I was not employed by any political party. In fact, I was offering you and Ms. King my services as a courtesy due to our overwhelmingly positive relations in the past. Upon refusal, I did in fact reach out to the only other political party actively running in Los Santos to offer my services. 

The Republican party offered to hire me for the same exact rate and I proceeded to assist them with a Cease and Desist regarding the matter you're talking about (ad nauseum)

Unless you have a lawsuit or an actual formal complaint against me or my law firm, I highly recommend keeping your flaccid and largely incoherent insinuations to yourself, making your case earnestly the voters without further dragging yourself through the mud, building an entire bridge, and getting the fuck over it. 

Best Regards,

Malikah Saleh

Edited by Al-Malikah

Username: George Valencia

Comment: Although I represent the Democratic party, I’m a candidate that aims to represent the people of Los Santos first, whether they’re Democrat or Republican. With this stated, I’d like to introduce the idea of calming the tension between both parties before we create the same dividing chaos that is occurring on a national level.

We must remember that at the end of the day, our duty is to the people of Los Santos, and this drama will solve nothing, and will instead create further conflict between our parties, which will ultimately hurt not only our city’s progress, but also the people within it.

Miss Saleh, you seem quite the intelligent, and capable lawyer. Los Santos remains to be one of the grandest of cities in our nation because they are filled with incredible people like you. I truly hope that you and our party can remain on good terms.

With all that I’ve said, I will now extend my hand towards my Republican colleagues and ask that we instead maintain a healthy rivalry, and proceed with our dutiful responsibilities towards the people of our great city. After all, we’re both looking to create a more bright future for Los Santos, and even though our approaches are different, we still seek the same goal.

• Applaud 1
  • Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic