How active is TTCF?

Bauer

Hi.

I'm interested in starting a little prison character, maybe a lifer. My only concern is I don't know how active Twin Towers is. I am in the process of coming over here from LSRP and as I'm sure many of you know, prison RP on LSRP is basically non-existent, both in terms of COs and prisoners. So, how active is TTCF?

Prison RP on LS-RP wasn't non-existent. It went through periods of inactivity because it's a niche within a niche. Not everyone finds prison RP enjoyable which is completely understandable.

Jail RP here is the same really. There's always people there but the lifers go through spells where they don't log in so it's mostly tourists. There's politics, there's fights and there's plenty of passive roleplay. A lot of times there is a deputy in-game as well. 

It's active but the roleplay can be a little lacklustre at times. 

8 minutes ago, Declan said:

Prison RP on LS-RP wasn't non-existent. It went through periods of inactivity because it's a niche within a niche. Not everyone finds prison RP enjoyable which is completely understandable.

I second this since I had spent most of the time doing prison roleplay before deciding to move here. Also, a little fact, it's not like we had ever managed to balance the counts between CO and inmates, it's a sad equation honestly. There had been times with plenty of COs but little inmates, and vice versa. Alas.

It's truly fun if you're genuinely interested in prison lore and the whole surroundings of a penitentiary. I'm not entirely sure how it works on GTA:W, seeing that there is no correctional faction whatsoever - so I'm not direly sure if TTCF is considered a "level 4 yard" as to how we're used, I may find out later.

Otherwise, should you find prison roleplay interesting, there's much more room to improve your character's roleplay, background, and the whereabouts - books, videos, and others if you're interested.

Declan had hit the nail on the head in his reply, however.

• 4 weeks later...

TTCF has gone through a lot of changes since it was first implemented. There's now a dedicated commissary, yard, infirmary, etc. I really enjoy the roleplay that goes on inside and there's a few factions for surenos and white gangs inside. I recommend starting off with a youngster or older character and naturally bring them into TTCF in case you think it's not for you.

I actually don’t know and was thinking of doing something like this myself as some point. I’d love to do prison RP but i’m not even sure how to do it.

Do I just commit a crime and stick around? Or can I request a cop to arrest me OOCly and simply tell someone that i have the intention to do prison RP?

Prison RP happens in spurts, there's either tons of RP, or no RP due to not being any criminals.

As for @celestialrage I recommend going through the arresting process IC and letting it develop it makes you character have more depth, criminals get caught often you don't got to stick around just keep committing petty theft and eventually you will be caught, and then your character develops through the prison, he starts meeting new people perhaps he joins a CAR [Prison Gang] he gets tatted up, he ages, he gets buffer. Tons of things happen in prison you just got to be creative. Perhaps your character kills a rival gang member in prison and he gets sentenced to life that way, there's tons of RP you just have to make it, if people see there's someone in prison they are more likely to stick around and RP, rather than leaving. 

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, DoomedAmerica said:

Prison RP happens in spurts, there's either tons of RP, or no RP due to not being any criminals.

As for @celestialrage I recommend going through the arresting process IC and letting it develop it makes you character have more depth, criminals get caught often you don't got to stick around just keep committing petty theft and eventually you will be caught, and then your character develops through the prison, he starts meeting new people perhaps he joins a CAR [Prison Gang] he gets tatted up, he ages, he gets buffer. Tons of things happen in prison you just got to be creative. Perhaps your character kills a rival gang member in prison and he gets sentenced to life that way, there's tons of RP you just have to make it, if people see there's someone in prison they are more likely to stick around and RP, rather than leaving. 

Thanks man! this helped a lot

Additionally, I invite you to the LSSD Discord and request the inmate role, you'll be pinged with important information about the jail or when we do work details: https://discord.gg/FkcbeG7

You can also request a criminal record and have a deputy or admin jail you in the jail instantly so you won't have to commit crimes to be sent there: https://lssd.gta.world/viewforum.php?f=359

Edited by Tseard
  • Thanks 1

I’ve found the jail to be an excruciating experience, especially for female characters. Not only did it add absolutely nothing in terms of development beyond a brief processing, the jail itself was devoid of literally anything. The only other person I’ve seen in the span of a week was a single correctional officer. The cell doors never work the way they should, and there was absolutely nothing to do and nobody to interact with. I logged in during peak hours, in both the European and American timezone. The whole experience was overwhelmingly disappointing.  

• Woona locked this topic