How active is TTCF?

Bauer

1 minute ago, eTaylor said:

I’ve found the jail to be an excruciating experience, especially for female characters. Not only did it add absolutely nothing in terms of development beyond a brief processing, the jail itself was devoid of literally anything. The only other person I’ve seen in the span of a week was a single correctional officer. The cell doors never work the way they should, and there was absolutely nothing to do and nobody to interact with. I logged in during peak hours, in both the European and American time zone. The whole experience was overwhelmingly disappointing.  

Well the female section isn't as active as the male section, obviously its the same in real life, however on the portion of developing your character you have to do that yourself, you can develop your character without the help of others, roleplaying getting a prison tattoo, roleplay writing notes and working out, change your body, change your appearance, age your character. There's ton to do, you don't have to have another play to still develop your character and have fun. granted its a lot easier but not mandatory. 

19 minutes ago, DoomedAmerica said:

Well the female section isn't as active as the male section, obviously its the same in real life, however on the portion of developing your character you have to do that yourself, you can develop your character without the help of others, roleplaying getting a prison tattoo, roleplay writing notes and working out, change your body, change your appearance, age your character. There's ton to do, you don't have to have another play to still develop your character and have fun. granted its a lot easier but not mandatory. 

I’m sorry, the same as real life? Female wings are sometimes worse than male wings, it’s almost like you imagine female wings to be devoid of activity. How exactly do you imagine me getting a prison tattoo, asspull a tattoo gun and dot over my own arm confined inside my cell? Sure, character development is a personal matter but it’s something you grow in participation with others and the relationships you build with that. The interaction you have with others is what makes roleplay in our niche section of that large world so interesting and engaging. And don’t get me wrong, I’ve definitely done my best. I’ve spent hours attempting to amusing myself, roleplaying the consequences of being abruptly cut off from your drugs. I’ve gone as far as roleplaying reading a book coincided by reading in real life just to satisfy the arbitrary timer mechanics. In the end the only real development I got was from the consequences after being released and returning home. The crux isn’t the expectation of having roleplay served to you, but roleplaying by yourself with nobody isn’t viable or enjoyable at all. Jail did not at all have the impact it should have, it has left a bad experience on an OOC level and I’m left to just bullshit my way through in the aftermath. Considering the vast potential the facility has, this is definitely disappointing. 

Edited by eTaylor
Just now, eTaylor said:

I’m sorry, the same as real life? Prison wings are sometimes worse than male wings, it’s almost like you imagine female wings to be devoid of activity. How exactly do you imagine me getting a prison tattoo, asspull a tattoo gun and dot over my own arm confined inside my cell? Sure, character development is a personal matter but it’s something you grow in participation with others and the relationships you build with that. The interaction you have with others is what makes roleplay in our niche section of that large world so interesting and engaging. And don’t get me wrong, I’ve definitely done my best. I’ve spent hours attempting to amusing myself, roleplaying the consequences of being abruptly cut off from your drugs. I’ve gone as far as roleplaying reading a book coincided by reading in real life just to satisfy the arbitrary timer mechanics. In the end the only real development I got was from the consequences after being released and returning home. The crux isn’t the expectation of having roleplay served to you, but roleplaying by yourself with nobody isn’t viable or enjoyable at all. Jail did not at all have the impact it should have, it has left a bad experience on an OOC level and I’m left to just bullshit my way through in the aftermath. Considering the vast potential the facility has, this is definitely disappointing. 

No i'm saying IRL that there's like 10x more men incarcerated than there are women. However the prison gun statement you can rp out that someone in prison gave you a tattoo, just saying that in real life women are less likely to join a prison CAR, or other various things in prison. Although prison RP isn't limited to only illegal rp, it is a large majority of the RP in prison, there's not much that you can do about prison activity though, people either get caught or don't. It just makes me wonder how many people get arrested and just log off until their sentence is complete. I can't blame them prison RP can be boring, however I feel like if just one or two people stayed on in prison people would be more likely to RP in prison that's why when I get arrested I usually just sit around waiting for a few hours to see if anyone comes. I think a prison faction forum would be a good thing for the activity of the prison. 

4 minutes ago, DoomedAmerica said:

No i'm saying IRL that there's like 10x more men incarcerated than there are women. However the prison gun statement you can rp out that someone in prison gave you a tattoo, just saying that in real life women are less likely to join a prison CAR, or other various things in prison. Although prison RP isn't limited to only illegal rp, it is a large majority of the RP in prison, there's not much that you can do about prison activity though, people either get caught or don't. It just makes me wonder how many people get arrested and just log off until their sentence is complete. I can't blame them prison RP can be boring, however I feel like if just one or two people stayed on in prison people would be more likely to RP in prison that's why when I get arrested I usually just sit around waiting for a few hours to see if anyone comes. I think a prison faction forum would be a good thing for the activity of the prison. 

Thank you for clarifying your point. In relation to the tattoo I’m not one to NPC stuff, although that may just be a personal thing. Nobody NPCs their development in my circles, and the concept is relatively alien to me. I personally am of the opinion that roleplay in jail and anywhere should not rely on NPC RP. It’s frustrating to me because I’m forced to do so due to the absolute waste of a week, and it has ruined my flow. In order to pick up I have to make shit up, stuff that never actually happened but would’ve probably happened. Roleplay itself shouldn’t be boring, even when you’re doing something that’s boring to your character. I understand that the disparity in population between the sexes adds to the overal lack of engagement, but literally a single female character being online simultaneously would’ve made so much difference. None of the facilities were accessible, and the scares events were not applicable to my character. Most of the time I was stuck in a small cell with a bugged door, and being told that the only way to get out is using /fixinvi which only resulted in me falling through the ground. For me this experience was so bad that I’m likely to never participate with TTCF roleplay again. If I do ever have to go back I’m much more Inclined to just take a break and play another game for the duration of my sentence and work on a summary for the aftermath. 

On 10/20/2020 at 6:34 AM, eTaylor said:

Thank you for clarifying your point. In relation to the tattoo I’m not one to NPC stuff, although that may just be a personal thing. Nobody NPCs their development in my circles, and the concept is relatively alien to me. I personally am of the opinion that roleplay in jail and anywhere should not rely on NPC RP. It’s frustrating to me because I’m forced to do so due to the absolute waste of a week, and it has ruined my flow. In order to pick up I have to make shit up, stuff that never actually happened but would’ve probably happened. Roleplay itself shouldn’t be boring, even when you’re doing something that’s boring to your character. I understand that the disparity in population between the sexes adds to the overal lack of engagement, but literally a single female character being online simultaneously would’ve made so much difference. None of the facilities were accessible, and the scares events were not applicable to my character. Most of the time I was stuck in a small cell with a bugged door, and being told that the only way to get out is using /fixinvi which only resulted in me falling through the ground. For me this experience was so bad that I’m likely to never participate with TTCF roleplay again. If I do ever have to go back I’m much more Inclined to just take a break and play another game for the duration of my sentence and work on a summary for the aftermath. 

I recommend joining the LSSD Discord (https://discord.gg/sPN974j) and requesting the inmate role. You can do the same on the LSSD forum  (https://lssd.gta.world/) where you get access to inmate areas, here you can post suggestions and generally provide feedback so that it can hopefully be streamed through the appropriate channels in order for change.

7 hours ago, Fuzzy said:

I recommend joining the LSSD Discord (https://discord.gg/sPN974j) and requesting the inmate role. You can do the same on the LSSD forum  (https://lssd.gta.world/) where you get access to inmate areas, here you can post suggestions and generally provide feedback so that it can hopefully be streamed through the appropriate channels in order for change.

I have, thank you

Jail roleplay (prison roleplay as it was on LS-RP) will inevitably go through alternating periods of steady activity and almost complete emptiness. It's incredibly fun for some of us but you do need to take breaks every now and then, which is why entire factions can hit periods of inactivity. The key to any extended period of activity is to have active factions roleplaying within the separate cars, because they provide each other with things to roleplay around and they give the staff a lot to keep busy with. You really just have to catch it at the right time if you'd like to get involved and have a positive experience rather than one that'll turn you off it.

At the moment the Mexican car is very active, and I've seen a little activity from other groups. The deputies also seem to be doing well activity-wise right now.

Edited by Large Hazard
  • Woona locked this topic