Thoughts on Yakuza roleplay?

jointmikey

11 hours ago, Cowboy said:

Said like a true LA criminal. You clearly don't understand how Yakuza works in the US. 

Okay, if you can find me proof that a full Yakuza clan is in LA and actively is involved in illegal activities I'll suck up my words.

15 hours ago, Cowboy said:

Stop hating on the concept just because you don't understand Japanese culture. 

Not hating on the concept, just addressing that there's a higher probability of other unique groups that could exist within GTA: W, which were rejected by I.F.M. 

EDIT: Studied Judo for 7 years, being forced to learn Japanese to earn my blue belt. Sensei then expected you to only speak Japanese under a strict code during training etc... but I don't understand Japanese culture. You mean Yakuza culture, and their very small presence in Los Angeles.

Edited by DLimit
9 hours ago, DLimit said:

Not hating on the concept, just addressing that there's a higher probability of other unique groups that could exist within GTA: W, which were rejected by I.F.M. 

EDIT: Studied Judo for 7 years, being forced to learn Japanese to earn my blue belt. Sensei then expected you to only speak Japanese under a strict code during training etc... but I don't understand Japanese culture. You mean Yakuza culture, and their very small presence in Los Angeles.

I don't think old mate realizes that Japanese culture isn't Yakuza culture and I guarantee that many people in the public in Japan fear the Yakuza. They may operate with a somewhat more reasonable moral code and may not be as indiscriminately violent as MS-13 for example, but they're still a pretty feared and vicious group in their home country. Us saying that the Yakuza in the US doesn't operate on the same level as the ones in Japan has nothing to do with Japanese culture, it has to do with Yakuza culture and the way they operate.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, rallo said:

Let's be real, the only reason people are attracted to concept of Yakuza is because of the tattoos and their practices. Take that away, and no one will care anymore. They barely operate in the US anyway.

Might aswell RP MS then, they got p cool tattoos, and are ruthless with practices. Might not be a OCG, but hey... they're only attracted only due to tattoos and practices right?

On 1/3/2021 at 11:07 PM, DLimit said:

Sorry for the comment fam I just really like Yakuza

On 1/4/2021 at 1:00 PM, bidi bidi bom bom said:

Might aswell RP MS then, they got p cool tattoos, and are ruthless with practices. Might not be a OCG, but hey... they're only attracted only due to tattoos and practices right?

Guess it depends where you are tbh the higher ranks in MS run a lot like the Mexican mafia 

4 hours ago, Stiggz said:

Guess it depends where you are tbh the higher ranks in MS run a lot like the Mexican mafia 

I mean they're worlds different in El Salvador & operate differently in San Andreas. Their ties to eMe is really only exclusive to San Andreas because eMe tolerates them. They wouldn't even exist in San Andreas if they didn't operate with the Mexican Mafia.

It's the same for the Yakuza, they wouldn't really exist in San Andreas unless they were involved in more financial type crimes like money laundering, fraud and other types of blue collar crimes., the Yakuza don't operate the same in Japan as they realistically would in SA. They don't really do anything violent or claim any territories.

Edited by Garras Up
  • Wuhtah locked this topic