Thoughts on Yakuza roleplay?

scar

As much as I love the idea of a yakuza, I don't think it'll happen with people constantly portraying it terribly. It's 2020, you're in America. You don't drive around in a convoy, walk around in suits, sport your irezumi tattoos to anyone, or emphasize your missing pinky. In my opinion? A Japanese-American with a small part of the yakuza integrated in it with a few high-ranking members would work. But in the end, it still depends on who portrays them and if IFM accepts the idea of it.

2 hours ago, Cowboy said:

Stop hating on the concept just because you don't understand Japanese culture. 

You’re an idiot if you think not wanting an organization that has no place in real life Los Angeles is simply “not understanding Japanese culture”.

Edited by Stiggz

I think the issue is mostly on portrayal of the Yakuzas, People have not done “good” so to speak portraying Yakuzas. Yakuzas in the US, Especially LA won’t really make sense, but I’m sure if it’s portrayed correctly it’ll be really cool.

1 hour ago, Stiggz said:

You’re an idiot if you think not wanting an organization that has no place in real life Los Angeles is simply “not understanding Japanese culture”.

Said like a true LA criminal. You clearly don't understand how Yakuza works in the US. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic