Thoughts on Yakuza roleplay?

jointmikey

2 minutes ago, navarrette said:

That's sad! Me and a few others actually have something closely similar to that in mind, guess we'll have to wait and see.

One could devise a Japanese-style faction that is unique and more probable in California that doesn't conflict with the heavier organizations.

1 hour ago, Ears Up said:

I mean sure, power shifts, but it's generally the same types of groups that end up taking over the former group's area and taking their 'power', if you will.

Personally I think you'd have a much greater chance of being accepted as a faction if you instead of rping the yakuza, opted to portray one of the many Asian gangs there is in Los Angeles. There's a shitload of them to choose from too. The Korean gangs in particular are heavily organized and secretive, somewhat like the Yakuza, only they're street gangs. Those are the types of groups that hold power in the Asian areas in LA, generally the Yakuza are very unheard of, which is why they typically get denied on here.

Yakuza is registered as Organized Crime Group in L.A, just to let you know there's a community at Los Angeles that exist IRL that called Little Tokyo and there's also a big Japanese Community at Los Angeles.  These criminals blend in wherever there are Japanese community, the only reason they're unheard because they operate secretive and they rarely follow the old tradition of Yakuza, they don't cover their bodies with Irezumi tattoo or cut one of their fingers. That's the old-tradition and modern Yakuza barely do any of that because they don't want anyone to identify them as a member of Yakuza.

In Japan, if you're identified as a member of Yakuza you'll be put on watch-list, you can no longer get a loan, get an apartment, etc.

Some people are saying they're dead, but based on some newly articles about them. They're not dead, they're just getting smarter that mean they have their own new way. 

Edited by Dizaster
4 minutes ago, Dizaster said:

Yakuza is registered as Organized Crime Group in L.A, just to let you know there's a community at Los Angeles that exist IRL that called Little Tokyo and there's also a big Japanese Community at Los Angeles.  These criminals blend in wherever there are Japanese community, the only reason they're unheard because they operate secretive and they rarely follow the old tradition of Yakuza, they don't cover their bodies with Irezumi tattoo or cut one of their fingers. That's the old-tradition and modern Yakuza barely do any of that because they don't want anyone to identify them as a member of Yakuza.

In Japan, if you're identified as a member of Yakuza you'll be put on watch-list, you can no longer get a loan, get an apartment, etc.

Some people are saying they're dead, but based on some newly articles about them. They're not dead, they're just getting smarter that mean they have their own new way. 

Yeah but the thing is they just don't have enough of a presence for it to be a plausible thing. I'm not the one who makes the rules, personally if it was up to me? I wouldn't care what kinda facs people were making, but FM wants specific types of facs though.

No one's saying old mate who posted the thread can't give it a try tho

Doesn't mean you don't see them at the news or read stories about them, they're not around. These people blend in wherever there's a Japanese Community, because of Japan's Anti-law it's hard for them to even to stay in their country so I am sure that they head somewhere else and establish there. There's a large Japanese Community at Los Angeles called Little Tokyo, they also rarely follow the old-tradition about full-body tattoo or cutting your fingers. There are some members of Yakuza who doesn't have tattoo and these people operates in foreign country.

55 minutes ago, Dizaster said:

To add onto it, I don’t see anything wrong with people rping it. There’s a LACF spin off, and irl the Los Angeles Crime Family isn’t very powerful, so that excuse doesn’t cut it when there’s one on  the server.

My advice is to rp a community faction within Little Tokyo, and instead of rping a Yakuza family: RP a group w organized criminals within the community and maybe have a Yakuza representative in the faction.

• Upvote 3
10 minutes ago, bidi bidi bom bom said:

To add onto it, I don’t see anything wrong with people rping it. There’s a LACF spin off, and irl the Los Angeles Crime Family isn’t very powerful, so that excuse doesn’t cut it when there’s one on  the server.

My advice is to rp a community faction within Little Tokyo, and instead of rping a Yakuza family: RP a group w organized criminals within the community and maybe have a Yakuza representative in the faction.

13 minutes ago, bidi bidi bom bom said:

That's actually a good idea, bro.

just to set everyone's expectation though, how Yakuza operates in United States and Japan are not the same. 

In Japan, they have a big ranking structure or hierarchy while the one at United States. It's only consist of three ranks which are  Shateigashira, Kyodai and Shatei. In La Cosa Nostra, that's for Captain, Made-man and Associates. Yakuza operates like LCN crew in United States not like a crime family or a clan from Japan.

It's been tried but it was like 90% female and just awkward cringy stuff from what I was able to learn/see of it. Some legitly RPed Yakuza would be dope as fuck to see, just so long as it doesn't become the fivem voicerp quality RP. I see some people with trollish "Ah herro Hiroshi!!" type shit with bad stereotyped accents in text and backstories that are goofy asf. Some genuinely serious and well done shit would be terrifying if the characters are portrayed right and the people behind em got good mindsets toward rp. A lot of the Japanese characters in the server right now aren't the greatestly thought out characters in general (though there are a few quality ones) so again, if done right this would be rad. Love Japanese stuff so seeing some well done rp on that side of the illegal spectrum would be hella cool IMO.

• Upvote 2

Only Yakuza type of faction I have rped in is Inagawa-kai.
Like many said before in this thread, it's just better to rp a community as "Little Tokyo" and rp as criminals in it. Because as soon you mention "Yakuza" in the faction thread it gets denied. And like @????????? said you really need people with good mindsets to rp this. You have many people that RP Japanese immigrants and claim that a relative of them is Yakuza and came to Los Santos to start a business or go to college (Something like that) 

• Upvote 2
  • Wuhtah locked this topic