Make prison Roleplay great again!

Shvag

Short description:

Time will decrease 6x faster if you actively roleplay in the jail!

Detailed description:

At the moment jail as a place is dead. All the inmates are staying AFK. Nobody really roleplay's. We are getting from 2 up to 15+ OOC'ly days to spend in prison but there is nothing to do. Most of the times there are no guards (this week I am spending in jail 5.5 days out of 7, trust me). I believe that this thing would really motivate people to roleplay and come IG with their characters.

If guys can roleplay in prison 2-3 hours per day, then they are cutting their sentence up to 12-18 hours which is great. I believe that it would be the whole concept for the jail to be more alive.

Commands to add:

Nothing. You can change it script wise.

Items to add:

Nothing. You can change it script wise.

How would your suggestion improve the server?

It would make our current prison RP more active.

Additional information:

-

Short description:

Add tattoos/Barber shops to a prison.

Detailed description:

It would give some extra RP for the guys in prison.

Commands to add:

Nothing. In general we need only the same script from current barber/tattoo to use it.

Items to add:

Nothing.

Guys are spending days and even weeks in prison. There is nothing to do in there.

Additional information:

It would give a little bit more realism, people are getting haircuts/tattoos in prison. It would be something nice for the illegal side of the server.

Short description:

Expand the current gym area in prison. Add more details for the current map.

Detailed description:

I believe that the current map should have more details. We have a bunch of good mappers who can help us out. Every single item can add some extra rp. At the moment the prison is very blank.

Commands to add:

Nothing.

Items to add:

Add more items in prison in general. More things/furniture and etcetera.

Just a better role-play environment for the guys who are trying to role-play in prison.

Additional information:

Short description:

Add some craftable items for the inmates.

Detailed description:

As an example prisoners can craft knives while using toothbrush and shaving razor.

Commands to add:

/craft knife

Items to add:

Toothbrush and razor is already there.

This thing is very realistic.

Additional information:

Short description:

Add /payphone in prison so inmates can call for their friends/relatives outside of the prison.

Detailed description:

Now it's not even possible to do this because there is no function for that so everybody has to metagame about being in prison because people just disappears. 

Commands to add:

/payphone

Items to add:

There are phone booths in prison already. They are not working.

A proper IC channel to contact with your friends outside?

Additional information:

1 minute ago, Shvag said:

Short description:

Add tattoos/Barber shops to a prison.

Detailed description:

It would give some extra RP for the guys in prison.

Commands to add:

Nothing. In general we need only the same script from current barber/tattoo to use it.

Items to add:

Nothing.

Guys are spending days and even weeks in prison. There is nothing to do in there.

Additional information:

It would give a little bit more realism, people are getting haircuts/tattoos in prison. It would be something nice for the illegal side of the server

Already in the works. @liq / @Jonesy might be able to explain further? 

I have been in prison for four days and I must admit I have seen most people afk'ing. I would support this idea so to increase and motivate people to roleplay more in prison. It is true that sometimes SD members are not there, but we should also note that it is boring for them to be there if people dont actually engage into roleplay. Maybe have SD members encouraging more roleplay and giving us more venues of roleplay. I have had a lot of fun lately but  only with those who actually think being in prison is part of a character development rather than an ooc punishment from something they did IC.

Giving 6 times boost is something I would like to see, as much as all the other features mentioned.

+1

I just want to mention that the jail recently had a commissary items update & a map revamp. It has a chow hall, a chapel, a laundromat, a commissary, a showers area, a yard, and most importantly, a day room, cutting out cellblock areas and full blown processing area ("sally port").

Saying "add more" without specific what else you would like to see in the jail is going to be troublesome to navigate.

It's why I hope those who suggested & are endorsing this suggestion can speak add more substance to the request at hand.

Just to let you know: payphones, tattoos, barbering & proper items management (keeping items upon incarceration, giving them back upon release, instead of them just sitting in someone's inventory) are development requests that have been lodged. 

There was a similar topic I responded to with more thoughts on the matter. I'll try to find it.

Edited by liq
16 hours ago, DjoleK said:

Having people do /me flips the page in the book. constantly to make time pass faster isn't RP.

When it comes to prison/jail RP, people are spending a ton of time in there and the actual rp is happening. When I say "ton of time" I mean days, weeks and even months. You can't just abuse the script with commands like "/me flips the page in the book" because it simple doesn't make a big change. Why? Because if you are sitting in there for a few days - this "flipping" thing won't help you out at all unless you are using extra script or addon, then you can spam this shit every 20 seconds, 24/7 (but you can get banned for that, so it's another story).

The problem is that people are very limited when it comes to activities in jail/prison (so my offer would be to add as many things as possible to give them opportunity to enjoy their time in prison). Actually develop their characters. Make the whole place active.

15 hours ago, Sacred said:

there is no prison on this server

I can't see a big difference between prison and jail. You can call it as you want to.

14 hours ago, liq said:

I just want to mention that the jail recently had a commissary items update & a map revamp. It has a chow hall, a chapel, a laundromat, a commissary, a showers area, a yard, and most importantly, a day room, cutting out cellblock areas and full blown processing area ("sally port").

I would totally agree with you on most of these.

The only problem is that guards or script is locking most of the areas by itself. I have been in the prison for the last week and laundromat was always locked. Sometimes even yard/showers/chapel are locked. Maybe we can do this thing script-wise, so guards/script can't lock it?

It's really annoying because the guards are very inactive.

When it comes to items, the system is too not working properly (or I am not very common with it). You are loosing all your items while entering the prison. It means that you can't get cigarettes, drugs and etcetera in prison area. You don't have much money, so you can't buy a lot of stuff ether.

When it comes to meeting with "visitors", it's basically not working, because it's not possible to contact prison/guards. Me and my friends were trying to do for a week. Police offers can't provide a visit. Only guards can. Nobody knows why the system is not working, but we should find a kaizen to fix this thing.

14 hours ago, liq said:

Saying "add more" without specific what else you would like to see in the jail is going to be troublesome to navigate.

I didn't knew that a bunch of my ideas are already under development. Basically I would like to see:

• More activities (like barber/tattoo options, expanded gym area)
  • Normal IC channel to contact with the homies outside, like a payphone (as I know it's already happening)
  • More craftable items (I didn't knew or there is something in there currently, as I have heard from you - there is smth).
  • Prison smuggler role? A guy who can provide drugs/items to the prison for money?
  • Time will decrease 6x faster if you actively roleplay in the jail. I believe that this thing would help to motivate many people who are getting jailed to connect to a server for at least 2-3 hours per day. Most of the guys are literally quitting the server for their jail time right now. If IC would make a bigger difference while being IG, maybe it would give some extra motivation for the peeps to stay/connect IG and roleplay with others.
  • More opportunities for guards to play against the law. They can provide some stuff for the prisoners IC'ly (like cigarettes/knives/drugs?). it's totally IC thing but most of them are afraid to roleplay because of OOC rules that they have. I have talked with a few IC'ly and they would like to interact with us more, but the rules are very strict (they have to fill corruption applications or something?).
  • All of these things above can provide some extra roleplay for the inmates. Maybe we would be able to see a prison gang in the server finally?
14 hours ago, liq said:

Just to let you know: payphones, tattoos, barbering & proper items management (keeping items upon incarceration, giving them back upon release, instead of them just sitting in someone's inventory) are development requests that have been lodged. 

I didn't knew about this one since I am not very active with request section most of the time.

14 hours ago, DF said:

I would support this idea so to increase and motivate people to roleplay more in prison. It is true that sometimes SD members are not there, but we should also note that it is boring for them to be there if people dont actually engage into roleplay.

Exactly. I believe that more activities would help for the people to stay active and the faster decreasing time is also a huge motivation. If the inmates would be staying in prison and actively roleplaying around the prison - it would provide a lot of extra roleplay for every single person who is related to prison RP.

14 hours ago, DF said:

Giving 6 times boost is something I would like to see, as much as all the other features mentioned.

Thanks for your support!

Edited by Shvag
  • Thanks 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic