Car Dealership - Additional Improvements For Better RP

Teddy Broosevelt

I want to piggyback off of @StoneFire's thread HERE but keep it separate so it doesn't get lost in replies:

Short description: Create additional features to enhance car dealership role play & make the hiring of employees more useful.

Detailed description: Allow the car dealership script to use /bmanager to keep track of purchases and have the business bank used to make vehicle purchases, rather than using a player's personal bank. This would allow the dealership owner to set a commission % similar to how 24/7 commissions work when items are sold. This could also increase the amount of role play between the owner, manager and employees. Owners would have to be more careful about who they hire on as staff, considering they will be using business funds to purchase cars when people come in to trade-in or sell them. Now to clarify, employees won't be able to actually access money to withdraw, rather just be able to use new commands while on shift at the dealer which will pull from money that is in the business bank.

Commands to add: /dealersellvehicle ID (Similar function to /sellvehicle) initiated by the person selling the car to the dealer. This will allow the employee on shift at the dealer to /dealerbuyvehicle ID confirm and thus pull funds from the business bank. As long as they are on shift, they have access to drive/move vehicles if it functions like a business garage as @StoneFire mentioned in the other thread.

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? I think this would lower the barrier of entry for people who want to bring more RP to the car dealership scene. At this current point in time, players must already have a sizeable amount of personal script cash to work as a dealership employee since they have to be able to purchase vehicles from players coming in to the lot. This feature would make the entire business more realistic, where employees will be held accountable for using business funds. I can see this helping dealership owners being able to hire more frequently and potentially have people participate who are willing and able, but don't have as much script cash to use themselves.

Additional information: N/A

Edited by Teddy Broosevelt
  • Upvote 1

Obviously yes, but some questions.

• Should the suggested commands have range/shift limitations? I'm thinking maybe for sell, but not for buy.

• Wouldn't a set commission reduce roleplay rather than increase it? It sure is easy to set a commission once and then forget about it. I agree with access to the business bank, perhaps this could be distributed something like this (just as example);

Owner - access to all below

Manager - access to all, withdraw and deposit funds into the bank directly (to pay commissions), and all below

Supervisor - access to buy and sell through business bank, and below

Employee - access to spawn and despawn business vehicles

• mj2002 locked this topic