UI Driver's License

Puckold

Driver's License

Short description:

Driver's Licence as an item that can work as UI system.

Detailed description:

Driver's License should be as an item that will looks like a picture. It could work similar as notes.

When you are passing a driving exam, a test will asks you for your date of birth, age, sex, height, weight, and additional information like are you veteran, donor, etc. This info will be on your DL.

Also if you are living somewhere, system will automatically write down your address on DL.

Photo that should be put in DL, could been taken from upper right corner in the escape menu while you logged in. 

tgdGphG.png

I think there is some script that can automatically take that photo and upload it in DL.

Commands to add: 

Nothing need to add. When you use /SDL [Targ] it shows a DL as a picture instead of information in the chat.

Items to add: 

Driver's License

How would your suggestion improve the server? 

This DL will finally show some more information than just a full name and age. DL as main and only ID should show full information about character.

Additional information:

That's how it looks

APr5u1a.png

Edited by Puck
  • Upvote 1

Only issue with it I see is, people's appearances/age can change over time, so having you note your details down manually when you take the test might not be beneficial in the long run. It's an easy fix, though. I assume that your characters up-to-date picture can be added to the license manually and there could be a command like /editdldetails or something that'd let you change your age/height/weight/hair color and other details that might change over time.

1 hour ago, Brian said:

Only issue with it I see is, people's appearances/age can change over time, so having you note your details down manually when you take the test might not be beneficial in the long run. It's an easy fix, though. I assume that your characters up-to-date picture can be added to the license manually and there could be a command like /editdldetails or something that'd let you change your age/height/weight/hair color and other details that might change over time.

Here in the states, most don't require you to update a photo/any information for anywhere between 3-5 years, and that's usually when your license expires. Mine expires five years from when I got my license, so my picture won't be taken until my mid twenties, as-well with any other information that I want/need to update. The only difference to that would be, is if you change your residential address, notification must be made between 30-60 days (depends on the State), and then usually the DMV mails you a "official" sticker you slap on the back of your ID with the new address. 

Edited by Pillsbury
  • Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Brian said:

As I know there’s already a DL expiration system, that forced you to change your DL every year. So it’s not gonna be a big deal.

Hm, didn't notice that. I'm fairly certain I have a license that I got in like... August of 2019 on one of my characters. I might be wrong though. However the only issue I still see is people aging up over time, your DoB obviously won't change on the license itself as it's not due for a renewal, even though you're portraying a slightly older character. However there's an easy workaround, your month/day of birth will always stay the same and the year can automatically change when you update your age in /attributes.

• mj2002 locked this topic