Election Advertisements

Sim

Short description: A small command, just like /cad, /bad and /ad but of a slightly different color used for electoral ads to stop /cad spam, and a way to disable them.

Detailed description: Everyone who doesn't care about politics in the server is SICK of electoral advertisements taking up /cad, I've tried to do /togad but then I loose out on actual advertisements I want to see like businesses being opened, future events that actually matter, etcetera. So I thought for a few seconds and came up with a simple solution. A whole new advertisement channel.

/ead - (Or Electoral Advertisement) is a command that displays a global message, just like cad, bad and ad, but of a slightly diferent shade, maybe a light blue, maybe just a lighter shade of green. This command is only enabled during election times, and has a cooldown of 10 mins to each person, and of course a way to disable them for those who already made their minds up or simply don't care about politics on the server, just like me.

Commands to add: /ead, /togead

How would your suggestion improve the server? I believe it would improve the server by stopping any future /cad spam, and leaving it to companies to advertise their events, hirings or simply avoiding clogging up /bad, and giving the elections their own space for advertising.

Additional information: None provided, everything's been detailed above.

That would add even more spam to advertisements, as if they're not frequent enough already. Plus I believe it's realistic, before actual elections you see advertisements on billboards, in newspapers, hear them over the radio, that's the whole point. And besides, this is just very temporary, I'm sure you can soldier through another week. It's just a very impractical suggestion since elections are such a rare occurrence.

I am sorry to read this. My faction has many members and as you may understand many of us are interested in posting political advertisements. It's one of my duties to be sure that Rule 17 is enforced all the time, but I can only control over my faction obviously.
As some users above said, election campaign is something GTAW players were looking for since long time, but I do understand that a minority may not appreciate that much.
/cad is an open advertisement tool for everyone, from businesses to associations, from generic organizations to political parties. It's not just limited to "/cad let's go boys, we're opening a club" but it may contain further messages too. 
As for the solution to the problem offered by the author, I think this would only increase the spam and would not be a fair competition for the political factions to get their slice of the cake about advertisement visibility. 

Furthermore, if you see any advertisement from the Democratic Party breaking Rule 17 (especially about ads cool down period) don't refrain to contact me and I'll handle it myself, thank you!

• mj2002 locked this topic